I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 697

Author Topic: Velocityquest V  (Read 198454 times)

Velocity

• And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10380 on: March 30, 2016, 01:33:55 am »

Start to laugh, completely shocked by this outcome.

"You're smarter than I gave you credit for. Tell me, what would you do with dominion over Mighton?"

Lean forward, and pay attention to him, sensing for any fear that might indicate he's lying.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:49 am »

"...I'd make sure everyone lived their lives as normally as possible. So they wouldn't have to know that their queen is a demon...so they wouldn't have to know their efforts were in vein. I want them to live in ignorance of what's really happening...I want them to believe everything's normal." The Hammer stands, the jeering of his friends growing louder.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: March 30, 2016, 01:43:51 am »

"When foreigners start coming in and people start practising magic freely, it's going to be quite hard to hide it. However, if I make you Duke, and you do everything you can to keep the people happy despite the change, will that be enough for you? As for these men, I'm not that kind of demon. I don't really have anything that can slightly alter memories like that. Will you sacrifice their lives for the good of everyone else? It's not like they're not going to be your friends after this regardless."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: March 30, 2016, 01:47:31 am »

The Hammer looks upon his old friends, distantly.

"...It's a deal, then," he says, rushing forward with his hammer.

Needless to say, it was a thrilling scene of bloodshed and betrayal. Quite impressive for a mortal. And the shouting's finally stopped! It's maddeningly silent in here now!

The Hammer stands tall.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: March 30, 2016, 01:55:11 am »

Sit back in my chair, and applaud.

"You know, I wasn't actually telling you to do it yourself, but I'm impressed! At first I didn't think you were serious."

Look at the bodies.

"When they heard that I had become queen, they lost it, and planned to raze the city to the ground so that I couldn't have it. You've just saved everyone's lives."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: March 30, 2016, 01:58:57 am »

"...What form will your infernal blessing take, then?" asks the Hammer, blood still dripping off the business end of his weapon. "A magic spell? Some diabolic artifact? Shapeshifting minions?"

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:14 am »

"For a man of your position, this is difficult. All my more powerful options will either drastically change your appearance so that it's obvious something's going on, or will drastically change your behaviour and potentially send you totally out of control if I'm not there. I mean, if I made you a demon, you probably wouldn't care much about protecting your friends and family anymore. If we scale it back a bit, how would you like to be young again? Maybe your wife, too. I can have you equipped in the finest magical weapons and armour, with a stronger, younger body, and all your combat experience."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: March 30, 2016, 02:12:24 am »

"...A man with my experience, and about 20 years younger? That is a man that I would not want to fight," says the Hammer. "...Very well. If that is what you can offer, then I will take it."

There's knocking on the door. "WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE? IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT!?"

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: March 30, 2016, 02:18:25 am »

Whisper to him.

"So, we were attempting to negotiate, and they decided the only option was to raze the city. You argued, and they tried to kill us both. They were madmen. The men are much more likely to believe you than me."

Make the walls disappear, and stand behind him, my weapons hidden.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: March 30, 2016, 02:24:15 am »

The Hammer goes to the door, opening it up.

"...Something horrible has happened. The others, they heard the news, and they wanted to raze the city. I had no choice...they were mad..."

The guy standing outside becomes traumatized upon seeing the mess inside. He isn't sure how to act, but he stutters out the words that seal his doom.

"...I'M TELLING THE OTHERS! YOU'RE A MURDERER!"

The Hammer strikes him down with one blow, and drags him into the room, finishing the job in a gruesomely final fashion.

"...It's all for naught," says the Hammer. "...The militia is disbanded."

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: March 30, 2016, 02:27:51 am »

"Well, are there any guards close enough to have heard him shout? If they didn't, we can try again. That guy was probably just traumatised from seeing the bodies."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: March 30, 2016, 02:31:03 am »

"...No, nobody else...shouldn't be..." The Hammer looks ever distant. "...I'll tell the others. You...go somewhere else, I can hardly stand to look at you longer."

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: March 30, 2016, 02:38:48 am »

"Tell whatever lie you have to to get them on your side, just make sure you don't leave any evidence proving it wrong."

Turn invisible, and leave the city quietly. Once I get out of sight, fly to the westernmost border, trying to find a town with an unusual amount of activity.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:07 am »

You soar across the sky, the citizens below unaware of the demon in their own backyards. You come across a township nearing the border, with a number of people milling about. You can see quite a few travelers are heading on the road westward, which is out of the country and into the neighboring country of Gerund. Certainly fortuitous of a pending mass exodus.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: March 30, 2016, 02:50:53 am »

"...It seems I can't wait for McReedy to send men here."

Land, and take my human form, changing my false cloak into royal robes, and putting some effort into making sure I look fit for royalty. Conceal Odium, and slowly approach the town from the western border, doing my best to look peaceful, while remembering nobody's likely to recognise me without my cloak.
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 697