I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 697

Author Topic: Velocityquest V  (Read 203943 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10395 on: March 30, 2016, 02:54:03 am »

The streets of the town certainly look hectic. People are packing their bags, evacuating their homes. Someone's standing on top of a soapbox and shouting that Publia is lost. While you certainly do look royal, people don't seem to be paying you much attention, preferring instead to prepare for the long march out of the country. Some people take notice of the woman in royal attire, however, and murmurs begin to spread around about you. People aren't sure who you are.

Velocity

• And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: March 30, 2016, 02:56:51 am »

Walk over to the man on the soapbox.

"*I need you to let me take over. There's an important announcement.*"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: March 30, 2016, 03:03:37 am »

The man's gaze grows distant as all his thoughts about the situation leave his mind. "...Take over...make an important announcement..."

He steps down, gladly letting you take his stand.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: March 30, 2016, 03:23:24 am »

Clear my throat, and use magic to let my voice carry across the entire town, and down the road to the border.

"People of Publia! I am Countess Carmen of Cyrenfeld! I bring good news! The war is over, and Sira, god of justice, has granted me his blessing to be the next Queen of Publia! Our cities will be rebuilt, and peace will be restored! We will learn from the mistakes of the past, and bring forth a golden age for our nation! An age of wealth! An age of glory! An age of freedom!"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:32:05 am by Velocity »

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: March 30, 2016, 03:37:23 am »

Your speech is rather jarring to the citizens, who stop in the process of packing and listen, nobody quite sure what to make of what you just said. You are immediately accosted by questions, questions like "what do you mean?" and "how?" and "who the heck is Carmen?"

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: March 30, 2016, 04:16:50 am »

"My claim to the throne was silenced by Alexander, the king's protector, to prevent me from intefering with his vile schemes! He was the cause of the king's illness, and he sought to place a child heir on the throne, while controlling the nation himself! He has been punished for his treason! I am regretful to say, however, that the king passed on from his affliction quite some time ago. We must build a greater nation, in his memory!"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: March 30, 2016, 04:37:25 am »

The townsfolk listen to you intently, liking you more and more as you continue speaking. Evacuations begin to cease, and families turn to move back in. They wonder what you'll say next.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:50 am »

"My coronation will be held in the capital six days from now, and every citizen is welcome to attend! We will arrange for transportation to Maldonia, and for all of you to be brought safely to your homes from there!"

Watch the reactions from the soldiers.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: March 30, 2016, 01:25:42 pm »

The soldiers are still baffled by your appearance, and it doesn't seem that any of them know who you are, even after your explanation.

Your house wasn't exactly the most glamorous, you guess. Your announcement has brought some comfort, but mostly wild mass confusion.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: March 30, 2016, 09:24:16 pm »

Hop down, and approach the soldiers.

"Have you received word from General McReedy yet? Do you have enough men to facilitate the transportation of these citizens to the capital?"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: March 30, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »

"What? This is the first we've heard of this!" says one of them. "We ain't never heard of no Countess of Cyrenfeld!"

"What are we supposed to hear from him, then?" asks another.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: April 02, 2016, 04:36:59 am »

Have my clone at the military camp get up, and go find the general.

"We're beginning to move the citizens from Esbon. How many soldiers should be around there? Will they be enough to keep the civilians protected? I can transfer them another unit from here, if they might need it."

Continue speaking to the soldiers at Esbon.

"*I am Countess Carmen. I have held the title of Countess of Cyrenfeld, in Serenia, for eight years. General McReedy is ordering for all available men to protect the citizens of Publia as they return to the capital. Will you circulate his orders?*"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: April 02, 2016, 04:43:48 am »

General McReedy is currently having his luncheon as you arrive in his tent. He tears apart a leg of lamb as you enter.

"We've dispatched about 10 units of soldiers around Esbon to protect the civilians and aid with the evacuation measures, more than enough to hold off against an attacking enemy force. Do you need me to send word to them?"

McReedy washes his meat down with a cup of ale, seeming pretty relaxed about recent events.

The soldiers all soften as you continue speaking, lowering their guards and suspicions at your words as your voice continues to permeate the air. The soldiers all nod in agreement with your royal claim.

"...What are the General's orders?" one asks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:45:24 am by DraconicDescendant »

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: April 02, 2016, 04:59:06 am »

"*Return the evacuated citizens to the capital.*"

"That won't be necessary. The men are already starting to move out. Make preparations to accommodate them all in the capital for now, until we can organise caravans for each region. Will there be enough space as it is?"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: April 02, 2016, 05:08:21 am »

The soldiers all salute you, and begin to move out, ordering the citizens to start packing up to return to the capital. Some citizens react with confusion, others with exasperation. There's a bit of a stir brewing up in Esbon, the soldiers gathering up citizens and ordering them to return to the capital.

"We're going to have to clean up the city, but we should have enough space by the time they return," says McCreedy. "But how exactly are you going to get all of them back here when some have already crossed the border and many more are anticipating crossing into Gerund? Surely many would refuse to return."
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 697