I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697

Author Topic: Velocityquest V  (Read 198451 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10425 on: April 02, 2016, 09:02:06 am »

The tentacle tightly squelches around your hand, the other sets of tentacles jerking around and twitching a bit while Rekchev's body begins to spasm. Slowly Rekchev moves an arm, setting it on the table and trying to support his main body. He begins to retract some tentacles, drawing them back into his body, suddenly gaining better motor control over his regular limbs, slowly sitting up. He looks at you, breathing heavily, retracting more tentacles.

"I...I can...do this..." he squeaks out, before vomiting several gallons of ooze all over himself.

Velocity

• And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: April 04, 2016, 02:10:48 am »

"Good. You're doing well, keep going. You seem to have become some kind of half-demon, Rekchev. I've never heard of such a thing."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: April 04, 2016, 02:17:29 am »

Rekchev stumbles off the table, throngs of tentacles shooting out of his body to prevent him from falling. He looks around the room, still dazed, trying to clean the slime off himself.

"...What does that mean? What's going to happen to me? Am I...will I go to Hell when I die?"

Rekchev spits up a bit more slime, wrapping tentacles around himself like a cloak.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: April 04, 2016, 02:22:11 am »

"Not a clue, but trying not to die is always a good plan anyway."

Stick my head through the curtain.

"Allister, he's walking."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: April 04, 2016, 02:31:55 am »

Allister looks up from his tea, coming into the room. "He's recovering already? Good! Good..."

Rekchev tries to walk on his legs but finds his body to still be quite weak from the demonic infusion. He balances on his tentacles, walking into the infirmary.

"...It's so bright," he says, shielding his eyes from the light from the windows, shivering as the winds blow in. "...I feel like being...somewhere dark, damp..."

"That's probably the demon blood talking," says Allister, looking excited as he studies Rekchev's movements. "Your body is well-adjusted to a swamp-like environment, and yearns to be there to produce vile poisons! See, your body is quite toxic right now! This slime is just a soporific substance you produce regularly, filled with demonic pheromones and other compounds that daze and confuse others when they are exposed to it! But if you concentrate, you're capable of producing deadly, debilitating poisons capable of melting away flesh and bone!"

Rekchev vomits more, getting it all over the carpet. He's leaving a trail of slime around him, too.

"...I feel disgusting," says Rekchev, looking uncomfortable in his own skin.

"EMBRACE IT, MY FRIEND, IT OPENS UP SO MANY POSSIBILITIES FOR STUDY!" Allister says, scooping some more samples off of Rekchev's tentacles.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:51:34 am by DraconicDescendant »

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: April 04, 2016, 03:03:42 am »

"I won't deny you smell pretty vile right now, but you wanted magical power, didn't you? Try casting one of the spells I taught you. Your latent demon magic should make it much easier."

Look at Allister while Rekchev practices.

"Did you get around to looking at that lantern yet?"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:41 am »

Allister looks at you in a puzzled manner. "Widow, you just asked me that question less than five minutes ago when you went into that room. I said I'll start looking, but firs-"

Allister recoils a bit when Rekchev freezes an entire wall solid with little effort.

"...So...it's this easy now?" Rekchev says to himself, seeming strangely let down. "...This is more than I could have ever accomplished with my own potential alone?"

"...I must say, you've made me quite busy, Widow, and I don't want to move too fast studying these demonic artifacts. I mean, would you want to overlook something important? Just look at Rekchev! What if he..."

Allister lowers his voice, but Rekchev is clearly looking with an extended eyeball appendage.

"...Undergoes a sudden mutation?"

Allister smiles at the eyeball tentacle, which continues to stare while Rekchev continues to cast magic much improved over his previous level.

"...And this lantern, well, I want to be careful with it. After that...INCIDENT...with Severina and that demon skin cloak you gave her, I'm going to treat all of these artifacts warily. I wouldn't want to accidentally get my OWN soul sucked out by that lantern, now would I?"

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: April 04, 2016, 03:42:24 am »

"I'm just hoping one of these artefacts actually works, especially that one."

Turn back to Rekchev.

"Perhaps, with a lifetime of practice, you might have been able to achieve this yourself. However, this is not the height of magic. There is so much more you can accomplish, and this body is much more suited to achieving it. As Allister mentioned, you now also have many of the abilities of a poison demon to consider, as well."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: April 04, 2016, 03:46:23 am »

"Abilities..." murmurs Rekchev, as one of his tentacles forms a sharp syringe on the end, a few drops of a caustic liquid falling from it, sizzling against the floor and burning through the carpet.

"...What other magics can you teach me, Widow?" asks Rekchev, as you sense a poisonous magical aura begin to bubble up from his core.

"Is it okay if I kill a few prisoners for this project? We've got about 18 on hand," says Allister, approaching the door.

"...Widow, I'm...a little scared," says Rekchev, recoiling his tentacles, absorbing them back into his frame, shakily standing on two legs. "...I...it feels like I could...very easily, and accidentally KILL someone."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:54:49 am by DraconicDescendant »

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: April 04, 2016, 04:09:00 am »

"That's what they're there for, Allister. Rekchev, I'll have you some spellbooks made that won't be ruined when you get ooze all over them, so just practice with your poison in the meantime. Why do you think you're likely to accidentally kill somebody?"

Have Aventius call out in the courtyard.

"HOLDT! I NEED TO SPEAK TO HOLDT!"

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: April 04, 2016, 04:19:56 am »

Rekchev steps away from you. "...I'm just...it seems like I have so much more magical power than before, and my body...my own body can produce horrible poisons...what if...what if I just walk down the street one day and...accidentally poison someone and cause them to shrivel up and die? It feels like it would be so easy to accidentally do..."

You see Holdt come running across the courtyard, heading up to Aventius. "I am here, my queen! What is it you request of me?" he asks your personal battle tank.

Allister smiles and whisks himself away through the door, heading to the dungeon.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: April 04, 2016, 04:52:05 am »

"You should take precautions. Wear thick, binding clothing, and maybe a mask, to keep the poison and your tentacles in. Maybe be careful about going out in public in general, too. The most important thing you can do though, is practice. Make sure you know exactly how to keep yourself under control."

"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON RECENTLY? I HAVE A NEW PROJECT THAT REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: April 04, 2016, 04:58:28 am »

Rekchev nods, but doesn't exactly have any other clothes to wrap around himself right now. "...A mask? I can't imagine myself wearing a mask, Widow. That would look ridiculous."

Holdt stares up at Aventius, taking out a book. "I've been overlooking some repairs to damaged units and buildings. So far I've been messing around with containment procedures for the dark spirit Odenra, but if you have something else with higher priority, I'm ready to get to work."

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: April 04, 2016, 05:02:25 am »

"Well, I mean, if you don't want to belch acid over somebody on the street, you'll consider it. I want you to stay here with Allister for now, and help him continue to study your new form. The more you find out about yourself, the better."

"I HAVE SOME WIZARDS FROM THE MAGE'S SCHOOL ON THE WAY TO OCCUPY ODENRA ALREADY. I WANT YOU TO STUDY THE TEMPLE. THERE IS MUCH WE CAN LEARN FROM IT."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:47 am »

"I've actually got some old masks laying around," says Allister, sticking around the doorway. "You like plague doctors? I've got one of those! Oddly appropriate!"

"...Plague doctors. I remember those guys coming around...they'd always burn incense around me and scrub me down, out of kindness. I got rid of so many fleas when the plague doctors came to town."

Holdt nods. "Alright, I'll take a look at it. Is there anything in particular you want me to try to look for? From my understanding, this temple is dedicated to the school of abjuration."
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697