I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697

Author Topic: Velocityquest V  (Read 198442 times)

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10410 on: April 02, 2016, 06:13:54 am »

Channel into my new demon mana, and move among the soldiers, continuing to charm them into doing their job. Announce to the throngs of confused people, putting my large mana pool to work with powerful charm spells.

"*Everyone please be patient. We will return to the capital.*"

Attempt to keep the entire caravan charmed and pacified, as it returns to the capital. Attempt to keep it at such a level where they think they are in control. Incite reverly in the soldiers, having them chant to the queen.


"We can't bring back anyone who's already moved over the border, so we'll need to have some diplomats with Gerund dealing with that later. I've announced my leadership in Esbon, and they're all okay with my instructions so far."
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10411 on: April 02, 2016, 06:21:57 am »

Slowly you move through the crowd, your pleasant words coating the crowd with a thick layer of enchantment magic. Slowly the complaining and jeering of the crowd quiets, replaced with murmuring and whispers of what a good queen you are. The soldiers don't think twice about what they're doing now, and begin to escort the people back among the road.

You feel it. The adoration of your subjects. The soldiers march with a charmed spirit, their marching punctuated by drills filled with words of your leadership. You pump mana from your eternal furnace into it, the entire crowd under your spell as they walk behind you, their new beloved queen.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10412 on: April 02, 2016, 06:34:41 am »

Continue to lead the march back to the capital, everyone in high spirits.

"How long should it take for them to get to the capital by the roads? We must arrange a festival for my coronation."
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10413 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:58 am »

McCreedy thinks. "I think such a trip would last the better part of a week and a half. We'd have time to get working on a grand festival."

The crowd and soldiers continue along, their wills supplanted by your irresistible magic. You look down, seeing several children looking up at you with wonder, their eyes dull, minds clouded.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10414 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:05 am »

"Good. Please have it seen to, so that my reign can be official and maintain order. Have you been able to keep the army together? Are there any possible problems?"

Ask the children questions about who they are, making sure their minds are still intact.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10415 on: April 02, 2016, 07:36:08 am »

"We haven't run into any major problems within the chain of command yet, but some of our outposts might be less understanding of what's happened here," says the General.  "We're still trying to get word out."

The children all coo with wonder and tell you their names. They tell you how they think you are a good queen, and how pretty you are. Their minds seem to be intact, if not adversely effected by your demonic magics. You're not sure if this kind of magic has a lasting effect on the development of the human brain. You should really study things like that.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10416 on: April 02, 2016, 07:58:08 am »

"Keep getting the word out, and report back to me on it if any problems emerge."

Have the clone return to its tent, and continue leading the caravan. Have Aventius scour the castle grounds, looking for Claudius.

"CLAUDIUS. WE'RE ANTICIPATING A LARGE NUMBER OF RETURNING CITIZENS. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER FOR A FESTIVAL!"
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10417 on: April 02, 2016, 08:01:31 am »

Claudius seems to be in the middle of taking inventory of prisoners and foodstuffs, but he acknowledges your announcement. "Very well, I'll get people to work on that. Allister is making progress with Rekchev, and he's wondering how many more prisoners he can expect."

Your citizens should arrive in just over a week. You've got a lot of time.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10418 on: April 02, 2016, 08:11:02 am »

"One second, Pyro."

Have my demon clone step out into Formina, and check up on Allister.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10419 on: April 02, 2016, 08:16:04 am »

You find Allister reading a book in the infirmary, outside of Rekchev's room. He turns the page, looking up as you enter.

"Rekchev is looking to make a full recovery. Well, about as full as could be expected," he says. "...I hope he can gain better control of his new powers."
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10420 on: April 02, 2016, 08:23:32 am »

"I will speak to him soon. How has your research been with him? Have you studied the lantern yet?"
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10421 on: April 02, 2016, 08:29:16 am »

"I'll be on that shortly, I'm just taking a little tea break," says Allister, chewing on a cracker. "...I'll tell you, Rekchev's really a mess. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out everything that's changed with him. This new power you've introduced to him has resulted in wild changes to his physiology and arcane power. He's become more stable now, I haven't noticed any changes for the last few hours, but I'll still be keeping a close eye on him. He's mostly unconscious."
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10422 on: April 02, 2016, 08:39:38 am »

"I'll see if I can wake him up."

Walk towards Rekchev's bed, looking at the tentacles.

"Rekchev, can you hear me? Are you in control?"
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10423 on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:29 am »

You enter the room, stepping over a bunch of tentacles to get to the slab in the middle, whereupon Rekchev rests. The many appendages twitch and stir as you enter, moving themselves out of the way.

You look upon Rekchev and see his form is much like the corrupted version of him from earlier, all of his gray hairs replaced with tiny black tentacles, his eyes staring blankly into the ceiling, glowing purple. He doesn't give an audible response, but one of his tentacles writes out a helpful message for you.

"IT HURTS. I AM IN CONTROL BUT IT HURTS."
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest V
« Reply #10424 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:36 am »

Have my clone hold out a hand for the tentacle.

"The only thing you can do is push through it. Try to start moving your body freely again."
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697