I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Fangames that are worth giving a go!  (Read 123319 times)

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Fangames that are worth giving a go!
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »

What the fuck? Brisulph is one of my favourite fangames. I don't understand why would anyone hate it this much

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:55 pm »

-1 I Wanna be the boshy

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »

What the fuck? Brisulph is one of my favourite fangames. I don't understand why would anyone hate it this much

Change is foreign now. Remember that lg
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:36 pm »

Hehe..Times are changing.. Y'now what I mean

+1 I wanna kill the kamilia the third installment

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2015, 03:00:53 pm »

Does my opinion hurt people or something? Cabadoth do the world a favor and grow up, I don't like the game for following reasons, the game is a buggy mess, the bosses aren't good, and the platforming in no shape or form is interesting, I am full willing to admit all of this, and if you don't believe on it being buggy i give you exhibit A, on something i posted months ago and it's starting to hurt you or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzMwFMd2DE

I don't even hate all of the fangames over here, granted i'm not here on a consistent basis, but i'm only posting here this time because i was told about this going on, look you like the game fine, like it i don't really care, the game to me was so bad where i actually gambled on it with someone else so i could watch him play it yet i would have to beat it twice, and he played Zoop before this and i will say it didn't go well, not in the very slightest of how much he got pissed off at all of the design flaws. Now yes I am a needle player, however i have opened myself up to more variety lately with bosses and such, a lot of it is fun to do.

One more thing

http://www.delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=14685
Wow. What a moron.

Do you need a hug?

now if you excuse me...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:18:15 pm by Swordslinger »

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

You don't feel like your opinions would hurt anyone, which I would gladly concur on; However, like many others, I dont expect your negative rant(s) on deliciousfruit to not be taken the wrong way.

Let's have a synopsis, shall we:

This is a game I've only gambled on, I promised a person i would play this game, and then I made a bet that i could beat the game in one sitting on hard, now that I've seen a few more people play this you might be surprised to hear that I HATE THIS GAME MORE THAN EVER!

Granted, this is your opinion and all yours alone. I am obliged to respect that department. However, how often have you rephrased that either A: This is possibly the worst game you've ever played, or B: You absolutely despise this game to proportions that are inconceivable to human thought? Sure, physics are bad in this game, and so are several mechanics, but surely you can't hate a game that was developed pre all of the evolved products that have come out of said example, either good or bad, right?

It's like this, B evolves from A to make A turn into something better; why hate B if we already know its worse than outcomes after it? Well, in this case you knew that B was "bad," why bother judging something so harshly when we all know these things to be true? It just fuels fire (or in this case, ego).

So the thing is with this game, it's only slightly better than zoop, just slightly. zoop was a god awful game I wish I never touched it.

Again, pre 2011. Just to take into consideration that this would be one of the, I guess older fangames.

However the gameplay, the only rating it gets is that it had interesting ideas, but extremely poor execution with broken control and really only used a few times throughout the course of the game. The actual levels are designed extremely poorly, in fact so poorly you can skip the whole first stage with Shoop Da Woop. I was even watching another person play stage 2 and simply by pressing R he skipped the entire stage, I'm not even making this up, there are so many glitches and bugs I wonder how it was considered a good game back then, keep in mind, when you're rescuing glitchmethod out of the tree, don't shoot the TNT, touch it instead, or else you will break the game completely by accident.

This I can agree on. This is simply a description of the game's concept(s) and mishaps, but it can be seen helpful. This is the kind of criticism that should be given in a games playtesting. Not bashing, nor judging; Constructive criticism means well, and doesn't have bad intentions: It should be practiced more often.

Let's not forget the physics either, since it's yosniper's engine, the physics are really wonky and hard to get under control, when you jump on the ground when in water, it's like you're jumping on the moon.

I never got how "horrid" or "disgusting" yosniper's engine was labeled. I used it for many projects, and it seemed just fine. The only issue I truly had was the water jumping, which was a coding flaw altogether, and was an easy fix. Maybe I'm not really seeing the flaws in their entirety, but never have I seen such hatred towards just an engine. After all it was, like I said, foundation for many engines to come.

The bosses are a travesty. simple as that, the fourth boss was the most interesting quite honestly, however it can easily give you a pattern that will screw you over, not often however

Reiterating quote #2 and #4, the game's, simply put, "before needle time."

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate you nor the other community. As a matter of fact me and a few other people plan to head over there more often just to mingle with you guys. I just personally don't see your criticisms as helpful, for the most part. They're just rants, like you said. So there's two major things we have to consider here:

1. Nothing nice to say? Think about saying it before you hurt the other person's feelings.

2. Think for a second that (not specifically yosniper) the people you've given your input to may have taken your opinion the wrong way, just because of how you worded it and what your intentions were; these guys may be game-making prodigys some day, and we all start out shitty. This was (if i can recall) yosniper's second fangame ever, and alongside many other fangames you've seen as "bad," they are just starting out. No point in making them subjugate to the clearly superior fangames in the community, as if they don't have those feelings anyhow.

I'm not saying you should stop your reviews. Believe me, better than nothing. I'm just giving you the advice to take it easy on some of these. Be a little more well-intentive. We all can improve, after all.

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2015, 03:56:46 pm »

I didn't expect an actual reply so thank you on that, but i can say the same thing about the yosniper engine that i can say about the del fruit review, it was nearly a year ago, with the advanced tools there are today i honestly don't care, i'm judging it as a fangame period, and i think it's a god awful one with all of the bugs and uninteresting stuff in it, what is it with needle time? I get it i like needle i find pixel aligning jump cancels all that shit interesting, because i had an open mind, plus one more thing, yosniper's second fangame is not an excuse, I Wanna Be The Fangame was good in my opinion, and what about kill the guy? There is literally no excuses for it that you can make, i could care less if it was second that's what my reviews are about, idc if it was made on super engine yutuu deluxe or yosniper engine 2020 future tech engine, if the game is bad, the game is bad, i really don't give a shit. You have to be more involved to see why yosniper's engine is so clunky, my opinion kind of changed about it, it's just a flawed engine all together with plenty of bugs and glitches, I could say something nice about yutuu but it's the same way with jump cancel glitching and breaking the engine all together. The only reason i'm replying to this is because this needs to be addressed and some of you are taking this, in a special way.

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »

What I meant on the whole time frame contrast was that people didn't have much experience with Game Maker period, back in the day. There was a time where in these very forums, people would shit out whatever they could do in an hour, and make it a "game." My argument was that people didn't have much foundation to model their games and their creativity upon. When you think about it, tijit and geezer (iirc) made their games outside of the Game Maker IDE, and used IWBTG as reference alongside their expertise in coding and game development; many others didn't know what their foundation was, thus ending in a mediocre, less meaningful game. My bad for not clarifying on that.

You are in your place to believe the game is bad, and as do I. Giving awful critique to an awful game that was before our time and wasn't modeled properly is like beating a dead horse, essentially.

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »

Just to clarify, reviewing fangames is beating a dead horse as it is, and like i said i honestly could care less about peoples lack of experience with game maker, If you make a fangame and put it public, it's going to be judged from yesterday to today, there are shitty games being released to this day, I just don't review them because they shit for the birds, If brisulph or any game is on del fruit then guess what, people are gonna review on it at one point, you can't do anything to stop or really anything about it. I have improved on reviewing throughout my days in the fangames community however i look at my brisulph review like something from today, I did a few things wrong in it as you pointed out, but it doesn't matter, the game was shit as it was back then as it is now. What's funny is that this is getting replied to now and not back in 2014, it's nearly a year later and it took that long to get thrown under the bus, which i find hilarious actually. I don't think much else can be said, i said what i said, and that's that, for the people complaining about it now, it solves nothing.

Sephalos

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2015, 04:44:54 pm »

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and it's not always pretty. Anyway I couldn't read the whole discussion, there's a lot of words here and I don't think I care that much. But here's my two cents.

1. You can't call someone a moron for voicing his opinion on a game.

2. If you don't agree with someone's review then please feel free to write your own, that's the whole point of delfruit.

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2015, 04:52:26 pm »

For the record, I don't mind if some people don't like I Wanna Be Like Brisulph.

The fact that a lot of people enjoy it is enough for me to be satisfied.

And as for my engine: I know it's shit. I created it way back when because I thought I might be able to teach somewhat well. I realize now that I am a shitty teacher, and I've learned a considerable amount about how to code since then. I just don't have the time nor the motivation to create another engine. I typically just make my games from scratch now.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2015, 05:36:20 pm »

1. You can't call someone a moron for voicing his opinion on a game.
But I can for calling a game a "buggy mess" and then only show a single solitary glitch. One. There isn't a single game that is completely bug free and as such he is indeed being a moron.

That and if pixel alignments and tedious jumps that repeated literally in every single fangame there is are "interesting" then sure, it's his opinion, but seeing the same thing a million times ... how does that constitute something interesting? I'm really curious about this.

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »

I want you to look back at your post and think about how stupid of a post that was.

Done? if you don't understand what you did, reveal the spoiler, if you do, then don't.

If you can't respect someone elses experiences with the game then you're in no position to say anything and look correct for doing so. Now let me correct you since you obviously didn't read the del fruit review and only looked at the score, i pointed out 3 bugs on del fruit, 1 bug here, and i had several others happen while i was live streaming it, twice as a matter of fact.  Now look if my opinion broke your arms then don't ever go on del fruit, because there is another negative review on it that isn't mine, plus a positive one but you don't see me trying to hunt the guy down to hell, I honestly don't care, if you like a game i hate, great, you're not alone, if i hate a game you like, i will write my opinion and move on. Also as for the needle stuff, you OBVIOUSLY didn't do ANY research on the topic because as engines are now and shit like this, they're way more in depth than you think. Meta, please, just please, respect opinions, suck it up, don't cry about it, because what will happen if you keep this up is that it wont be a pretty ending for you at all, that I can assure is a life lesson that needs to be learned.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23