I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Fangames that are worth giving a go!  (Read 126972 times)

Katz

• View Profile
Re: Fangames that are worth giving a go!
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2015, 08:13:33 pm »

It's like this entire topic has now turned into a toxic firefight, tbh. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and their opinions alone, and we should be able to respect that. However, we really shouldn't shove our opinions on other misinformed peoples' faces, and that applies not only to both sides, but to every situation. Let's keep it civil, gents.

OT: I feel that Boshy actually deserves a +1, due to the amount of effort put into it. That's my opinion, however.
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2015, 08:18:02 pm »

-1 I wanna be the brisulph
jk
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:21:54 pm by profiterol yiyici »

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2015, 05:42:11 am »

Brishulp was OK, but I'm not a good at videogames, and it's kind of frustrating even on the easiest mode. And I'm not the type to slam my desk often. (well, except 100x yesterday when playing Distorted Travesty 1)

And as for my engine: I know it's shit. I created it way back when because I thought I might be able to teach somewhat well. I realize now that I am a shitty teacher, and I've learned a considerable amount about how to code since then. I just don't have the time nor the motivation to create another engine. I typically just make my games from scratch now.

What would you say is the best engine for making IWBTG fangames?
No engine at all could cause some commotion with e.g. the physics. Then again, the person can modify it at their own will. (I've been proven twice that GM is much stronger than I thought)

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2015, 09:36:35 am »

What would you say is the best engine for making IWBTG fangames?
No engine at all could cause some commotion with e.g. the physics. Then again, the person can modify it at their own will. (I've been proven twice that GM is much stronger than I thought)

To get a little off topic, Nikaple has the best physics, water mechanics, and even working slopes. that is my personal favourite.

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2015, 12:52:44 pm »

I personally love Lemon's engine, though all I'll ever make on it is needle and avoidance.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2015, 01:20:49 pm »

I personally love Lemon's engine, though all I'll ever make on it is needle and avoidance.

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2015, 07:51:30 pm »

Seph has a good engine. Super easy to modify.

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »

Seph has a good engine. Super easy to modify.

Due to the implications of me not being able to find a pro torrent of gm8.1, i really cant use that engine to its entirety.

The converter i tried too, didn't work.

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2015, 12:51:22 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. GM Studio-specific! Even though I don't have it. Don't ask.
Pirating it would become too complicated (with the various bugfixes/updates and e.g. plugins that require proof of purchase), so I thought maybe someday I could buy the Pro version. I'm so stuck on the thought of getting Master Collection for some reason, all it has is modules that I don't even need/want. >.< Well, except maybe Linux & Mac, but I ain't gonna recreate all the code again! Which I don't have. Again, don't ask.

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:21 pm »

There is a GM-Studio engine under construction as we speak; you can find it here

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2015, 12:49:56 am »

There is a GM-Studio engine under construction as we speak; you can find it here

hwat.
I had no idea GM8.1 was rapping in pepperonis.  :'(

Didn't Seph say his engine was bad/he was ashamed of it? Or am I remembering wrong? Either way, seems interesting. I was gonna think trying the Nikaple engine, but I'm sure the KS engine will be more or less finished by the time I could even potentially get money for GMS Pro.
Not a big fan of putting death counter/time in the window name. I'd just put it in the game, and add random side-comments for the window names, kind of like DT did. (Distorted Travesty)

P.S. I noticed that page talked something about "Zurai strat". I couldn't get the hang of it, but the example image (w/the colored lines) seems familiar to one area in one certain IWBTG fangame... It's related to a contest, so I can't really talk about it until after it has ended fully.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:58:30 am by Klaty »

Sephalos

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2015, 07:50:50 am »

Didn't Seph say his engine was bad/he was ashamed of it? Or am I remembering wrong?
Nah I love the Seph Engine. The only thing I could really critisize my engine for is not being new user friendly. FMOD isn't exacly easy to figure out if you're just starting out with game maker.

For GM8/GM8.1 I personally like to reccomend the Nikaple Engine because it has a few new features in there that I like or Lemon Engine for a simple engine that is similar to yuutu.

For GMStudio well there's just not much contest out there at the moment other than the KS Engine, wich is still in beta at the moment. Klazen is working really hard to try and perfect it so that it works exacly or as close as possible to a normal engine.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2015, 12:19:41 am »

Brisulph is better played when you forget that it is supposed to be a fangame of the original IWBTG. As it stands, it is way better than Zoop (which I enjoyed, not so much now.) his previous game. Brisulph brings in alot of elements that aren't really found in most fangames which makes it a unique and fresh experience. Hell the game even includes an Extra Stage for those who are dedicated. The gameplay of Brisulph may not be for everyone, but it sure as hell is more interesting than an normal experience. I won't really review the game more in-depth than that (because I do have some gripes with the game), respect the fact that this thread is not a review thread, trash someone elses opinion thread, or anything else, it is simply a user-voted list of fangames worth giving a go. If you want to voice your opinion, please just use Delicious Fruit and not this fucking thread. Thanks.

no i'm not a hypocrite mom

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:08 am »

THANK YOU.

Anyways,
+1 I Wanna Colorize the Needle
+1 I Wanna Feel Blue
+1 I Wanna Green the Eye
+1 I Wanna be the TsuTaMao

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:36 am »

For GMStudio well there's just not much contest out there at the moment other than the KS Engine, wich is still in beta at the moment. Klazen is working really hard to try and perfect it so that it works exacly or as close as possible to a normal engine.

I won't be using 8/8.1, so yeah, okay.
Also, I've been wondering, why is it called KS? Klazen-Sephalos?  :D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23