I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: To The Moon - A story of love and happiness.  (Read 2106 times)

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
To The Moon - A story of love and happiness.
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:08:50 pm »

There is a game I started playing called to To The Moon. It is made with RPG XP and is a drama and puzzle game. It also has some good laughs. It has more cutscenes than gameplay though, so if you are the action-type guy you should stay away.

Basically the game is set in the not-so-far future. There is a company that let's people on their deathbed change their memories so that they can die in peace. You play as a woman and a man who are helping a client "get to the moon". So they boot up a machine that let's them enter the client's memories. Then - well, i would confuse you if i explained. So yeah. They go back to the client's past. All I can say for now. But the OST is very nice. I reccomend that all of you try it out.

FINISHED IT

I could almost cry.

Gameplay 5/10 -There isnt really gameplay. Its more like 80% cutscenes and the puzzles are easy. But that was not the point.

Story 10/10 -Wonderful. It had a neat twist. Just wished it was a wee longer at the end. It was pretty funny at some points
God, i thought Ava was an evil ass at that one point, but it worked out nice.

Music 9/10 -It was awesome. Looking forward to buying it when I can. It was the part that was the best - it had that unsettling song, and a great feel with the main theme. Also, i forgot that name of the song with lyrics. But that - was diamonds.

Graphics 9/10 -Some of the Sprites could have had a little more tweaking here and there. But it was swell. So were those full artworks for the cutscenes.

And Fatih's custom.... CRY/FEELS RATE! 8.5/10 -plz dun ask

Oh, and did some of you hear that there will actually be a sequel?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:17:00 am by = F a t i h = »
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: To The Moon - A story of love and happiness.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:53:46 pm »

I played it last year. I loved the soundtrack and graphics, but the story didn't get to me like it did many other people who recommended the game. It was a nice and gentle experience.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »

I watched a playthrough of it, and it's a really nice story and very well paced, but it's the music that got me.

Audio -  Relaxed/10 (some songs are really nice to wind down to)
Video - 8/10 (graphics are nice and pixelated)
Gameplay - Meh/10 (there's not much gameplay to it, it's mostly walking around and reading textboxes. the puzzles are also really easy)
Story - 9/10 (i'd read it if it was an actual book)
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:08 pm »

The main thing I didn't like about it was the terrible UI. It's missing a lot of standard features for VNs. There's no way to fast forward, replay different scenes, etc.

Also, they got the Animorphs question wrong, which is really annoying if you actually read the Animorphs and try to give the correct answer.