I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IWBTG Minecraft Resource Pack  (Read 17314 times)

Zmegus Fur

• View Profile
Re: IWBTG Minecraft Resource Pack
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 09:53:04 am »

How about pixle art girls? lol
The fire's of Blazing Hell, Come on to me!

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

I actually made a huge statue of one.
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

Zmegus Fur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 10:33:58 am »

How huge is huge?

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »

1 pixel = 4 square blocks
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

patrickgh

• very good poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 12:31:43 am »

1 pixel = 4 square blocks

Why would you make 1 pixel correspond to more than 1 block? The blocks are already really big relative to how big a pixel usually is.

Zmegus Fur

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:02 pm »

minecraft is minecraft

Infinite

• The Headdesk News
  • PLAY BALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 11:33:15 am »

I was worried you stepped on a lego and died or something
what the hell is this glorious mess?
https://www.discord.me/iwbtg

Zmegus Fur

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 09:30:31 am »

More shit for the xbox minecraft needs to get updated god damnit

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:42 pm »

More shit for the minecraft pocket edition needs to get updated god damnit
When will it be my time?

patrickgh

• very good poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 11:05:49 pm »

Aimless rant warning.

Look at how "quickly" the PC version, the main version of Minecraft is updating. It shouldn't be any surprise that secondary versions aren't being cared for. It's been a fucking year and a half since the Bukkit team joined Minecraft to work on the mod API. Still no sign of that, even it's undoubtedly the single most important thing they should be focusing on. It's not like I don't like the new features being added, and in fact the recent snapshots with new powerful command block features (setblock, test block), startings of custom shader support, etc I've been pretty happy with. But WHY do HORSES before MOD SUPPORT. FUCK. I know I don't know near all the details of what's going on, but I still think they could have done things in a more efficient way. And don't even get me started on breaking redstone back in 1.5, and further breaking shit from then on out. At one point Jeb said there would be no new redstone blocks after repeaters. Guess what, now we have the setblock and testforblock commands. When people had spent countless hours spawning custom falling sand entities and dealing with poorly programmed shit to make blocks appear. I'm not angry that setblock and testforblock are in the game. I'm angry that they are so whimsical with what they add and when they add it, and that causes immense frustration due to how many people play the game. They chose to keep the development team small, but they're still thinking that minecraft is a baby and that if they add something that's bad, that's ok because they can just take it out or tweak it in the next update. See: Iron and gold pressure plates. I'm not a mapmaker, and these changes don't directly affect me nearly as much as people who build large maps or projects. But it's still just as frustrating. Arg.

Infinite

• The Headdesk News
  • PLAY BALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 07:52:42 pm »

Aimless rant warning.

Look at how "quickly" the PC version, the main version of Minecraft is updating. It shouldn't be any surprise that secondary versions aren't being cared for. It's been a fucking year and a half since the Bukkit team joined Minecraft to work on the mod API. Still no sign of that, even it's undoubtedly the single most important thing they should be focusing on. It's not like I don't like the new features being added, and in fact the recent snapshots with new powerful command block features (setblock, test block), startings of custom shader support, etc I've been pretty happy with. But WHY do HORSES before MOD SUPPORT. FUCK. I know I don't know near all the details of what's going on, but I still think they could have done things in a more efficient way. And don't even get me started on breaking redstone back in 1.5, and further breaking shit from then on out. At one point Jeb said there would be no new redstone blocks after repeaters. Guess what, now we have the setblock and testforblock commands. When people had spent countless hours spawning custom falling sand entities and dealing with poorly programmed shit to make blocks appear. I'm not angry that setblock and testforblock are in the game. I'm angry that they are so whimsical with what they add and when they add it, and that causes immense frustration due to how many people play the game. They chose to keep the development team small, but they're still thinking that minecraft is a baby and that if they add something that's bad, that's ok because they can just take it out or tweak it in the next update. See: Iron and gold pressure plates. I'm not a mapmaker, and these changes don't directly affect me nearly as much as people who build large maps or projects. But it's still just as frustrating. Arg.
I agree with everything said right here. But what I hate THE most out of everything is the beacon block. See, it's not that I hate it specifically, it's really helpful in servers, maps, creative mode, but in regular survival mode if you want a fully activated beacon, you're screwed. I mean, you need the 3 diamonds for the pick, to get the obsidian, to go to the Nether, where you have to search ALL OVER for a fortress, then you have to search all over THAT for a Wither skeleton spawner; there might not even be one, then you need to kill SO MANY of them to get the 3 heads - rare drops, too - and then you have to get the soulsand and build the Wither, far off in an area where it won't destroy your stuff, and then you practically need fucking enchanted diamond everything to beat it, THEN you need to craft the beacon, then get SO MUCH iron/diamond/gold/emerald to get it fully activated it's insane. And even then you only get 2 effects that have a super small range. It's so inefficient I wanna cry.
And don't even get me started on BATS. I HATE bats. They don't do anything! They just make annoying squeaks 24/7.
Skeleton and zombie horses, I thought, were great ideas! They don't spawn naturally. Fuck.
Witches. Good idea, but again, poor use. They only spawn in the rare witch huts in swamps (and nobody explores swamps anyway) and 90% of the time there's not even a witch there.
Really, they get some great ideas then implement them horribly. It sucks. *sigh* Oh, well, that's why I mostly play on Xbox. Of course, without infinite generation, that only get's me a certain somewhere... [/rant]

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 09:39:57 pm »

...Lol I've never even played on the computer. Survival on the pocket edition isn't fun at all, since there's no redstone or anything like that. (The coolest thing is the nether reactor, but even that is pointless, and took me forever too mine all the gold for, just to find out that

It just turns everything into netherrack, spawning zombies which kill you instantaneously.

So for the past month, I've been playing on creative mode, creating what I've dubbed "Project Ocean". Basically I'm flattening all the land on the map (Which is possible to do in the pocket edition, since the area isn't that big.) and getting rid of all the water in the process. Then, I'm going to dig the entire world to the bedrock, but cover it with one layer of stone back up at the surface. Then I'm going to fill the surface with water, and mine the surface layer, effectively filling the entire area with water down to the bedrock, so  I'll ultimately have a giant ocean to swim in.

I'm nowhere near complete with even the first step. This is going to take a while. But I think the end result is worth it.
When will it be my time?

patrickgh

• very good poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 01:46:01 am »

I don't like the huge process in order to get a beacon.
Bats are pointless and I dislike them because of it.
I wish skeleton and zombie horses spawned naturally.
There are things wrong with witches.
I play on an outdated version using an Xbox controller.

Just to be clear, I'm not angry with most of the game's design decisions. I think survival mode is pretty balanced. I'm angry that they prioritized certain features over others when developing the game, causing tons of people's work to become obsolete. They also went out of their way to break stuff in the 1.5 redstone update which they stated were bugs they were going to keep.

I haven't played survival seriously since beacons were activated, so I don't know the details. But I think the stuff you're complaining about, you shouldn't be. Yes, it's a long and hard process, but it's meant to be hard, and it's not too hard.

I guess I understand being annoyed by the bat's sound, but they make the game feel a tiny bit more alive to me, which I guess is their purpose. You shouldn't be angry that they don't have any drops, that's not their point.

Skeleton and zombie horses should spawn naturally? What? Just because they put something in the game for explicit use in creative mode and custom maps doesn't mean it's for survival mode (at least at present). Just because there are command blocks there shouldn't be command block ore. I just said that because having command block ore was a pretty entertaining thought (:

Yeah, to me witches could have been good, but they don't fit in with anything at all. Just another example of some of the half-baked features they throw at the game instead of working on more important things.

If these are the reasons you play on Xbox, I still think you should play on PC. It's got a ton of new (good) features, and having a mouse is a lot better for this game than a controller. The main reason you should come to PC though is because you're allowed to install mods, custom skins, custom maps, texture packs, complex servers, etc etc. That's how they intended it. It's a community-driven game with tons of community-driven content.

stuff

Good luck with that, sound veeeeeery tedious, haha. Especially on pocket edition.

Infinite

• The Headdesk News
  • PLAY BALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »

If these are the reasons you play on Xbox, I still think you should play on PC. It's got a ton of new (good) features, and having a mouse is a lot better for this game than a controller. The main reason you should come to PC though is because you're allowed to install mods, custom skins, custom maps, texture packs, complex servers, etc etc. That's how they intended it. It's a community-driven game with tons of community-driven content.
No, the main reasons I play on Xbox are:
1)I like using a controller more than a mouse and keyboard.
2)It's faster. (Slow computer)
3)I got Xbox first. I have a lot of my good stuff on it.
4)There's no bats. Seriously, I hate bats with a passion.
5)All my friends play on Xbox, so it's easier to play with people I know.

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »

1)I like using a controller more than a mouse and keyboard.
JoyToKey fixes that rather easily.
2)It's faster. (Slow computer)
Valid point. I wish Minecraft would finally make the jump out of Java someday...
4)There's no bats. Seriously, I hate bats with a passion.
Aww c'mon. They're cute. :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3