I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Tales Of Farrovena - Unexpected Heroes ~ An upcoming RPG  (Read 1950 times)

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
Tales Of Farrovena - Unexpected Heroes ~ An upcoming RPG
« on: November 01, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

So I am creating a new RPG by me. Really, me. It will be made with RPGXP and it will have some different features. I hope to make it satisfyingly long, and ill make it as good as I can. Credits will be listed if I can come out with a demo.

NOTE: IF YOU WANNA CONTRIBUTE IN ANY WAY, PM ME SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.

Tale Of Farrovena

Unexpected Heroes

Features
~~~~~

- World map ~ Probably will be massive
- Summon ~ might just have only 1 summon
- Overdrive ~ Because We  :fruit: Cliche
- LOZ Style Menu ~ Still trying to implement.
- Sideview ~ Just like the FF series. Without the waiting.
- Speech bubbles ~ Because.
- More! ~ I will see if there is anything to add that might enhance gameplay.

But that isn't what we are here for, right? Let's get to the fun part...

Main Characters (Looking for artists)
~~~~~~

Mika Ayumo
----
A young boy who lives in the peaceful small town of Chida. He has a happy family, with his caring mother and hard-working father. Hyper as he is, he does chores with ease. He is skilled with the sword, but he still desires more training. After a time of despair (I would spoil it to tell what happened!), he sets out on his journey to travel the world, train, help people and most of all, avenge.

Fedith Yirno
----
A hyper boy who is a little older than Mika. He is clever but very mischievous, so if he has an idea, he will stick to it until it has been done. But if something important happens, he somehow becomes serious... But yet again he will stuff in a joke or two.

Yasashi Souta
----
A wandering girl who also had a goal in mind as Mika had - to travel the world. She is skilled in magic, so she is also looking for materials for enchanting and such. But that was when she met Mika and Fedith that she wanted to travel alongside them against the evil forces. She doesn't know it, but it seems like Mika has a crush on her...

Brados Tobin
----
Brados is a boy that is around the ages of the others. He came from a different continent hoping to sell great goods that this continent could not think of - until he was framed for a murder. The party rescued him and they caught the real imposter, only to find it disappear. That was when Brados decided to join the journey, too.

Now...

Story
~~~~

In the times of old...
In the continent of Farrovena...
Lies a small village of Chida.

Mika is a young boy who lives with the leader of the village and the lady everyone loves, his mother and father. He can do anything. Climb trees, do heavy labor, run from one side of the village to the other and many other things, and all because of his energy.

One day he needed to do a chore from his mother. He needed to grab some herbs from the nearby summit of a huge hill (or just a mountain). He reaches the plants, picks them and then leaves the summit area. But he felt fear and uneasiness as he left, like something went up his spine...

At home it was getting late, so he went to dinner and went to sleep.

...?

Suddenly he woke up from his slumber. He decided to grab a snack, but realized that his parents weren't in their room. Suspicious, he went outside and saw that his father, mother and many other villagers were up. Some of the villagers were complaining about a hooded figure lurking in the village. Curious, he and his dad set out for the cemetery (the villagers pointed that the figure was last seen going there).

People followed them to the cemetery to see the figure there.

Taken by surprise he started chanting, then an undead giant skeleton appeared! Forced to fight, Mika and his dad destroyed the beast.

But that night a beloved villager was killed by the robed figure and it disappeared, leaving the villagers weeping. They buried the villager and Mika was despaired. So a week later, he decided that he would avenge the person, the one who was kind, and the one everyone loved. He wanted to fufill the dream of that person - to travel the world. He also decided to avenge the person. His mother agreed (ya know, ask yer mother first), and so did other villagers.

That is where Mika's adventure begins.

STUFF

Downloads might come out soon. Depends if I come out with a demo.
I might make a trailer.
Stuff.

Q&A

Questions are pending. If you have one just post it below and i'll add it here.

And that is all. Remember, if you would like to help, just PM me and we can talk about it.
Thanks for reading!

EDIT LOG
----
Nov 2 - Feature and log added
Nov 1 - Made thread
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:46:55 pm by Kawaii Fatih-Desu »
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Tales Of Farrovena - Unexpected Heroes ~ An upcoming RPG
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:04 am »

made with RPGXP
Already a bad sign. Aside from that, looks like a fairly average RPG story, the characters in particular seem rather bland.

It was a beloved villager by everyone and he doesn't even have a name?

Also: Game ideas with no available download of even just an alpha are to be made in the Work in Progress Thread, assuming that one isn't just for fangames only.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:32:16 am by MetaKK »

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
Re: Tales Of Farrovena - Unexpected Heroes ~ An upcoming RPG
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »

made with RPGXP
Already a bad sign. Aside from that, looks like a fairly average RPG story, the characters in particular seem rather bland.

It was a beloved villager by everyone and he doesn't even have a name?

Also: Game ideas with no available download of even just an alpha are to be made in the Work in Progress Thread, assuming that one isn't just for fangames only.

1. If you are trying to say RPGVX is better the no.
2. It's a spoiler, but you could guess who it is  9_9
3. I think I heard somewhere that the minimum for a post is a few screenshots, is that true?
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own