I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Loadout  (Read 922 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Loadout
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »

This game has been making a bit of buzz lately for being a good free to play game on Steam. I picked it up on launch day and played it for several hours, and I've come back to it every day since then. The game is surprisingly well-balanced, offering four different categories of guns, and offering a number of different attachments for each that allow you to specialize your weapon. For instance, you could choose to make a regular rifle that shoots bullets, but the attachments allow you to customize it to be anywhere between an assault rifle, a shotgun, a heavy machine, or a sniper rifle, along with the option of what type of bullets it uses.

At first I thought a few weapons seemed overpowered, such as using a beam gun that causes fire damage for heavy damage over time, but then I realized that the gun is weakened against players who use shields as equipment, and weak against turrets as well. While electricity is less-damaging, it actually performs very well against electronic equipment, and has a side benefit of being able to arc between grouped enemies for additional damage. The only weapon capable of killing an enemy in a single hit is a bolt-action sniper rifle with a specialized barrel, but the tradeoff for that is that you only get one round, and non-headshot damage isn't enough to kill an enemy at full health. Using a regular sniper barrel with bolt action does a lot of damage on a headshot, but not enough to guarantee a one-shot kill.

Since it's free, there's no reason not to at least try it.

Miracle

• Guy, did you murder Rita?
    • View Profile
Re: Loadout
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:17:01 pm »

Well, there is a reason: I doubt it's available for smartphones.

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:33 am »

Wow for some reason I thought it wasn't free to play.
I was pretty excited for it and gave it up once I "realized" it wasn't free. Thanks for pointing me wrong, Draco.
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:49 am »

Huh, a free game on Steam. Guess I'll try it
When will it be my time?

·Arturo·

• Eagles are turning people into horses
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:35:05 pm »

Loadout beta was hilarious, and if you've been playing since the "release" you'll have an e-mail from the devs about the server problems and downtime.  It's free swag, and it's pretty neat.
I just imagined a huge security system with Art walking up to it. Suddenly there's a full body scan and the system simply says "Oldfaggotry confirmed." And a giant door opens and behind it is a gilded room full of gentlemanly discourse.

Steam ID: underthedome
Skype ID: arturo.timara