I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: If Not Equal Limited - IT Consultancy and Website Design  (Read 1147 times)

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
If Not Equal Limited - IT Consultancy and Website Design
« on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:41 pm »

Hello. Many of you know me already but I wanted to take a moment to talk about what I do and my company.

I finished college with some A-levels about 6 months ago. Rather than going on to University I decided that I would become a Freelance Programmer.
To do this I set up my own company called If Not Equal Limited. We offer advice and make programs and websites for businesses.

It's mostly just me at the moment but I have some other Freelancers who I go to for copywriting and design when needed. We've mostly been making websites for small businesses in the area but we have also worked on larger e-commerce websites where we set up a shopping cart system and integrated it with Amazon Checkout so as to allow users to easily buy products directly from the website.

I'm happy to give free advice or answer any programming related questions.

If you need a website making, would like advice on improving a website or need a program or small automatic script made then contact us.

Sorry about the blatant advertising of my company. One of the hardest parts for me at the moment is still finding a supply of people that need websites making. People will recommend you again or wish to have something changed on their website but I am still far from having continuous work and so I am spending a lot of my time finding new work at the moment rather than actually doing what I love and coding things. You never know when someone will need a website or even just a small task automated for them (I can quite easily organize a music collection by artist and song name and rename badly named files for example) so I felt that it couldn't hurt to much to post an advert for my services here. I think there's quite a few programmers on this forum so it would be interesting to hear what they're doing at the moment and what they plan to do.

Kind regards,
Ellipsis
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:34:30 pm by ] Candlejack [ »

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
Re: If Not Equal Limited - IT Consultancy and Website Design
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:24:29 pm »

I'm going to suggest something to you right now if you haven't got it yet: a contract. You'll need some sort of legal protection in case something goes bad during one of your projects.

Might want to make yourself a logo of some sort as well. Depending on what sort of style you're going for you have a lot of options for what it could be.

Now I don't particularly have anyone that needs a website at the moment (sorry Ellipsis), but I will give you props on the website. It looks great. Hopefully business picks up in the future, I understand that there are a lot of people who are able to do the same things as you. Making yourself stand out will definitely help your business get more customers. You might want to put examples of other websites you've made somewhere on there as well.

Good luck anyways!

I didn't want to edit this, too lazy. It doesn't flow well. Oh well.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:20:43 pm »

Thank you Berry. It sounds look good advice. I've got a sort of contract at the moment (although it's not in legal writing or anything) and I normally ask to be paid in installments so as to limit my risks. I worry that even if I had a proper contract it would likely be too much hassle to actually take a client to court and enforce it. But regardless it would still probably be worth me spending the time to improve it. My clients have actually all been really good so far though.

As far as a logo goes I've got this:

Although it's not on the website much at the moment. What do you think of the logo?
I only set up the website a few days ago so hopefully it will improve over time. There's still quite a few things on it that I'm not totally happy about yet. I'm currently asking for permission from my websites to include links and screenshots to some of them so that will hopefully be up soon too.

Thank you for your advice and help. :)

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »

Looks good, but make a couple more as well. It's always good to have some choices.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

Good luck, Ellipsis!
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?