I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: I wanna be the C. Z. Outrageous(Final Ver - 03/07/2013)  (Read 3318 times)

HAEGOE

• Why the *Beep* They're not in puyo tetris?
    • View Profile
I wanna be the C. Z. Outrageous(Final Ver - 03/07/2013)
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:32:38 am »

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=F0EEACB9016C73B1&id=F0EEACB9016C73B1%21126

You can download it there.

It's my new fangame and reason why OOPARTS 1.5 ver is endlessly postponed.
C. Z. Outrageousness Stands For Contemporary Zenith Outrageousness.

It contains 8 stages(including boss rush), and 8 boss(bosses with multiple phases are counted as 1)
It's Sometimes Gimmicky, Sometimes Spiky, Sometimes Trappy kind of game.

It has 4 difficulties, name and policy of each difficulties are same with ooparts(Simple with multiple save in 1 room, Regular with 1 save per 1 room, Difficult with 1 save before and after the boss, and NOT FOR HUMANS with no save at all)

Caution : RNG MADNESS. I modified and nerfed the random attacks to make it need less luck, but they're still RNG, hard, and sometimes just Crappy, So you'll need to deal with it.

Bug reports welcome

Screenshot

You don't think I'll make you hit him 20000000000 times, do you?

YEAY GIMMICKS

hint is for the one who's new to gimmicks

If you know this game, You'll know what he will do.

I thought tornado was original but actually someone else used it before... Ah...

enjoy(oh this forum doesn't support multiple spoilers.. didn't know that

1.1ver update log
- Default difficulty changed to 'Simple'
- Kid's physics changed(similar to Yuuutu version)
- Stage 2 tileset changed(so that you can find out it's all 32X32)
- Stage 4 Spike array changed(in the underwater climbing up section)
- Stage 5 underwater array modified(to compensate for physics change)
- Savepoint(wuss) added in some areas to compensate for physics change
- Savepoint(normal) added in some of the areas because people were suffering more than I expected.. sorry

Final versin update log. sorry I'm late
- You can press F12 to turn on/off the scream. also,
- Level indicator added. press F11 to turn on/off.
- Hsien-Ko's HP reduced(150->75)
 - Damage to her is also reduced(2->1)
 - and so did healing her(1->0.5)
 - Basically no difference, to make it more clear how to damage her
- You can't hear the Bullet hitting sound when your bullets are healing Hsien-ko.
- Goenitz's 5 whirlwind attack changed(3 warning signs appear first, 2 appear right after 3 bursts)
- Yu & Rei's fire disappears when they're down(red gone when yu is down and blue when rei is down)
- you can see how many boss points you need to gather
- on second phase of final battle, bosses will not go up anymore
- objects in final phase has been moved a little so you can see the whole text about them
- Savepoint location changed, removed unnecessary one(no hazard at all until next savepoint), added where needed to make it less boring
- if bullet hits the boss, a yellow effect will be showed.

you can download it there

Edit : There's a bug which key configuration resets when you reset or turn if off an back on. sorry. I don't know why this is happening. If you know why, please help me.

p.s. How Can I make a kid Icon Here?

Edit again : New Policy about Savepoints (Still,, Only Difference is the Regular one)

Simple - Savepoints Wherever I think you need
Regular - 1~3(Usually 1) savepoints. If you see more than 2 saves that means it's either next room has the Boss or It's too difficult to  go with 1 save
Difficult - Savepoints Before And After Boss
NOT FOR HUMANS : NO SAVEPOINTS AT ALL(AND NOBODY PLAYS THIS EXCEPT SOMEONE WITH TAS)

I'm uploading here, too. sorry I'm late.
It does has some gimmicks, but It still has massive amount of spikes too, so you might not like this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:26:09 pm by HAEGOE »
A.K.A. TasteIsGone
HAEGOE(駭怪) sounds like 'HAEGWE', not 'HAEGO'.

Lightslash

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the C. Z. Outrageous(1.1 Ver - 01/29/2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »

Looks pretty awesome to me so I'll go check it out later

Tenka.o2SE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:20:49 am »

I was expecting crimson queen at 2nd stage D:

Edit: I was going flawlessly with about 50 deaths and this happened

Could you eliminate the voiceover when the kid dies?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:46:25 am by Tenka.o2SE »

HAEGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 02:35:04 am »

Well I put it because just slashing sound was a little too boring for me.. I'll need a preference option room for someone who like it and someone who doesn't.

If you mean rose-painting stage, it's third stage. anyway, Joe's the boss because I made him as the crimson queen's servant and I wasn't able to find her sprite, so I used him instead. I used her gimmick instead.(four different attacks depending on her face ->for different attacks depending his weapons) stage 4~6 bosses also has a gimmick motivated by other root abyss bosses.

and that part has 2 savepoints because It seems hard, and If you're dying on the black spikes, my tip is to stay at black zone and move quickly.

I made simple as a default difficulty so you can go there first, and you should have gone simple first.. sorry
A.K.A. TasteIsGone

Tenka.o2SE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »

and that part has 2 savepoints because It seems hard, and If you're dying on the black spikes, my tip is to stay at black zone and move quickly.
How could I die from the black spikes? I haven't. I fail at the 3rd part of that just before the next save. I don't care much about the difficulty or the save spots, the only thing I'd like is not to hear that voiceover, it is both loud and annoying and I wanna hear the game's music.

I made simple as a default difficulty so you can go there first, and you should have gone simple first.. sorry
Real men don't go on wuss mode.

Edit:
How do you even...

It's too fast when he gets you in the middle of this‼
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:27:04 pm by Tenka.o2SE »

Fangame_Critic

• He's the hero IWBTG deserves, not the one it needs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 11:39:29 pm »

Hi HAEGOE,

There's a few things about your game that I'm not necessarily a fan of, and I fear the list may go on too long. So, I'll keep it short and concise: I believe you have great ideas, but poorly execute them in the game. For example - the rose gimmick. Some of the stages are easy to navigate through, but it isn't intuitive that the player knows to shoot the rose to change the color. These are minor compared to the final boss.

I got to the final boss and, while it has some fun moments, its HP is simply too high. How high is this HP? 500? 450? This seemed to be a recurring theme throughout your fangame, but the final boss sealed the deal. I did a little snooping around, and I noticed other community members may have commented on a few problems in your game, that you payed little to no attention to. I understand that your English isn't great, but that's fine! Please take criticism from the community lightly, but consider it wholeheartedly. They want to help improve your game, and your changes haven't reflected that.

Good luck with your game, and I hope you take this criticism well - it's the only thing that could help C.Z.
Micdrop.

HAEGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 11:24:56 pm »

Hi HAEGOE,

There's a few things about your game that I'm not necessarily a fan of, and I fear the list may go on too long. So, I'll keep it short and concise: I believe you have great ideas, but poorly execute them in the game. For example - the rose gimmick. Some of the stages are easy to navigate through, but it isn't intuitive that the player knows to shoot the rose to change the color. These are minor compared to the final boss.

I got to the final boss and, while it has some fun moments, its HP is simply too high. How high is this HP? 500? 450? This seemed to be a recurring theme throughout your fangame, but the final boss sealed the deal. I did a little snooping around, and I noticed other community members may have commented on a few problems in your game, that you payed little to no attention to. I understand that your English isn't great, but that's fine! Please take criticism from the community lightly, but consider it wholeheartedly. They want to help improve your game, and your changes haven't reflected that.

Good luck with your game, and I hope you take this criticism well - it's the only thing that could help C.Z.

Maybe you're right about how I executed them poorly, and that's why I gave you P for hints. if you press p in the first stage of the room, a pop-up message will show you how the gimmick works. of course, It won't be poor if they didn't need it. I have something more to learn..

and I didn't made 500 hp boss here. Lot of people told me I shouldn't have done it, so I didn't this time. The final boss has 50 ->0(kinda like a simple avoidence)->88 hp for each phase, and there's an extra savepoint for the final phase. I thought 88 is low enough.. it isn't?

And no, I'm not offended at all. I'll take your sincere criticism.

p.s. I'm late about how I got the updates. it says it's the final version, but if there's an urgent bug or something, the chances exists that 'true final version' could be released.

and it includes changes of the wind pattern. basically the way to avoid them is same, you can find out lot easier.
A.K.A. TasteIsGone