I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Not Another Needle Game 1.12 (12/22/14)  (Read 60179 times)

[redacted]

• View Profile
Re: Not Another Needle Game 1.12 (12/22/14)
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2015, 03:01:18 pm »

I asked NANG's being interpreted to other language. Because I want to interpret NANG to Korean. But I can't do that because of the Copyright. So, I want to ask this of Thenewgeezer; however through e-mail or Twitch TV Message Box, I can't get in touch with him...

It's fine to translate the game into another language, Thenewgeezer does not mind. Although, GameMaker8.1 does not have support for asian languages such as korean, you will have to port the game to GameMaker: Studio to be able to properly translate the game.
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

I asked NANG's being interpreted to other language. Because I want to interpret NANG to Korean. But I can't do that because of the Copyright. So, I want to ask this of Thenewgeezer; however through e-mail or Twitch TV Message Box, I can't get in touch with him...

It's fine to translate the game into another language, Thenewgeezer does not mind. Although, GameMaker8.1 does not have support for asian languages such as korean, you will have to port the game to GameMaker: Studio to be able to properly translate the game.
I'm almost 100% sure that due to the way GM:Studio handles sandboxing, NANG would not compile propoerly if you tried to port it over without significant reworking of the saving & music systems. You'd be better off using sprite to font and entering them in manually, which will take a lot of time but I imagine it might be less taxing than changing the core mechanics of the game.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:27 am »

I'm almost 100% sure that due to the way GM:Studio handles sandboxing, NANG would not compile propoerly if you tried to port it over without significant reworking of the saving & music systems. You'd be better off using sprite to font and entering them in manually, which will take a lot of time but I imagine it might be less taxing than changing the core mechanics of the game.

Not true. You can use an extension to get around this sandboxing limitation, and porting over the Sound Engine would be doing pretty much the same thing.
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2015, 07:20:19 am »

Not exactly sure what I said wasn't true. What extension? It would help if you posted it.

My point was that they're both possible, it's just that one takes a bit of GM know-how while the other takes a lot of repetitive work, so it's whatever the person is more comfortable with.

eekdland2

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:46 pm »

Oh, it doesn't look like easy thing solving this font problem... Thank you for your advice! I'll consider how to solve this...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:21:45 pm by eekdland2 »

Welowas

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »

What does this mean:
"G man will find you"

I found this written with blood in the hidden room.

I have already finished the game, but I still don't know what this mean.
The moment when you press 'R' before you realize that you've already beaten the boss.

Shameless Self-Promotion:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3nwz7dbMSmAl5L138QPQqg/

eekdland2

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »

I found how to make Korean version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJmDo24BATnMjh3MlI0V0RzNjA/view?usp=sharing
Here are the Korean font and script file, which can be applied to NANG customize version below.
(I tested these files through using GM 8.1 trial and it is successful. Of course GM trial version is not able for me to move Kid...)

Can I ask releasing of the font file and the quote(AI's dialogue) file to interpret to other language?

There is a mod for NANG which lets you customize the dialogue through an external text file. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j5gfbbg4pfilvlp

And I found a problem that I don't have GM 8.1... T.T
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:22:58 am by eekdland2 »

TuckingFypo

• Seeing too many repeating things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2017, 07:17:56 am »

Hey sorry for the bump but I haven't seen this answered yet (and hopefully I'm not blind and didn't miss someone asking this).
I got to stage 3 and finally got the secret for it, but then I realised that I didn't have the stage 2 secret. I tried warping with W but it only takes you back to the beginning of the stage.
Can you somehow go back to a previous stage or will I have to restart again (I've done this twice somehow)?
Move on, only the best signature on the planet to be seen here m8.

cheesymcgee87

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »

After you beat the game you can warp to any previous stage.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]