I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fuck Riot  (Read 2663 times)

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
Fuck Riot
« on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:54 am »

Doing my season 4 provisionals, went 6/10 last season. This season i fucked up getting drunk and went 0-3 for my first three. Then i won as ezreal my main. Then a loss with my boy because I had to support and the rest of the team did shitty. Then this last game I just got out of, we're all doing really good, then EVERYONE on our team disconnects. The other team could play fine. I was the only one who stayed in the game. But the entire time i got the 'attempting to reconnect' message. Was 3-0, our team was up each lane winning, then boom fucking monster lag that kicks our team out. The one time i'm going to get a win. WE GET FUCKED IN THE ASS. Thanks a fuck ton riot, for wasting my time and ruining a win for me. You're the best. It's such bs, maybe i'll try another ranked to see if it happens to the other team. This is so fucked. I'm literally going to get bronze 5, and if i do, I will kill myself/uninstall

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Riot
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:12:38 am »

I just stopped playing League after most of my friends did. The community is pretty awful (as a whole, not specifically you dAY), and it's the first game I've ever ragequit from due to serious balance issues. And that was a few years ago when Mordekaiser was a massive unkillable pile of shit if he got any kills at all.

Then I played Dota 2 for a little bit with friends, then we sorta just stopped playing. Overall it was a much better experience (plus half the people who play League at college are [no offense] total shitheads who don't understand the point of college). Now I don't even have time to play games that much anymore, with school and work going on. I've got a small backlog to go through, maybe I can knock one or two out during spring break.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:30:54 am »

Which server are you playing on? They do have some server issues these days, it's somewhat annoying. You should probably play some normals and see if any lag shows up.
Also, don't worry if you get placed absurdly low. I was Silver I at the end of the season 3 (the season ended while I was in promos, lawl), due to my MMR I was playing against gold II-gold I players, and on my placement matches this season I won 7/10. Where did I get placed? Bronze 3. In less than 2 days, I climbed to Silver III. 2 more days and I was Silver I. After a bit of a struggle at Silver I, I eventually got to Gold V. Since then I've been playing normals, trying a bunch of new, meta-breaking shit and having a lot of fun. There's nothing more fun in league than to dominate your opponent with AP Nocturne, AP Jayce, On-hit Karthus, AP Poppy, and of course, Urgot in general. I plan to return to ranked play after I've been satisfied enough with above said stuff.

Anyway back to the topic of ranked play, if I recall correctly, they said that the placement system is designed to place you at a lower tier so that you can actually have some progress, rather than placing you at somewhere higher tier just so you can sit at the same tier until the end of the season. So wherever you get placed, don't worry. Just keep playing and you'll get out of there. I believe in you ok <3
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.

AndreSsgarrido

• ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:13 am »

That happened to me few months ago, my entire team disconnected except me, so I lost because of 1vs5 at 16 minutes of playing. Also I found very unfair that i had won 6 of 10 for the ranked thing, and i got bronze 1, meanwhile i have seen others players that got 4 wins and 6 defeat and they are gold

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 12:17:01 pm »

That would be because of their MMR from last season.

And it is true that it's meant to place you lower than you belong by just a bit so you can grow into your mmr, and also because it's much harder to fall a league so they err on the side of lower since gaining mmr is so much simpler now.

Berry, the major balance issues are actually mostly gone now? I mean, yeah, some characters are better than others. But that's always gonna be true, and the final real must-ban outlier in Kassadin finally got his rework into an actual anti-mage like he was supposed to be. If you ever wanted to play a game I'd love to add ya and play.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:27:53 pm by Kitty »
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Soviet

• sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »

to be honest back when i was into league i found it to be a profound experience. everyone was whack and speaking russian so i thought i should complain but i was actually playing on the europe server. met a french dude who makes some crazy csgo maps and tf2 mods and he showed me some sweet anime. really got into all that shit but once i realized all these crazy russians who were so mad at me were calling me an assfaggot i guess i fell out of it. i tried out dota 2 and realized everyone on that game sucks horribly and they all know that theyre playing a batshit hard game that isnt even fun. so now thats all i play.
there shouldnt even be an argument over if lol or dota 2 is better. afaik dota was basically the first moba, other than aeon of strife which was just a map and couldnt be considered a genre. if dota 2 is pretty much just dota with improved graphics and shit, then its as close to the ur example as possible and thus the better game. lol is just dota except easier with shitter people and having to pay. i cant afford lol so im jealous. and aside from that, if you wanna be a real highlander u have to play the hardest things. no debate. anyone who plays lol is a casual.
but no offense if you play lol. its an alright game.
my girl aint bad. shes more like evil

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »

That would be because of their MMR from last season.

And it is true that it's meant to place you lower than you belong by just a bit so you can grow into your mmr, and also because it's much harder to fall a league so they err on the side of lower since gaining mmr is so much simpler now.

Berry, the major balance issues are actually mostly gone now? I mean, yeah, some characters are better than others. But that's always gonna be true, and the final real must-ban outlier in Kassadin finally got his rework into an actual anti-mage like he was supposed to be. If you ever wanted to play a game I'd love to add ya and play.
That's assuming I'd install it; plus I've basically forgotten the entire game at this point and so much has changed I'd have to relearn the entire game from the ground up, and I don't really have the time for that now.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

Yeah, I figured. But it would've been rude not to ask I feel like. ^_^
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »

Yeah, I figured. But it would've been rude not to ask I feel like. ^_^
I appreciate you asking and I thank you for the offer, but sometimes other things get in the way.

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 12:53:45 am »

Well after doing my provisionals, and after tons of nerd rage, I got placed bronze 2 this season. I can't complain, considering how the first have of my provs were terrible losses during a drunken night. And Idk, they riot team is always trying to keep the game as balanced as possible. It's just an extremely aggrevating game.I hope to make at least gold this season, as I'm sort of a pretty competitve person. It'd be cool to play with any of you who are into it, and I may try doing some of the meta-breakers lol. Going to go back to norms for a bit and start climbing the ranks soon. If anyone would want to duo up though, i'd be down with that. I don't think there are enough people who play, but an iwbtf 5's team would be pretty sweet. And I play in the NA servers, have multiple accounts in the NA, but was considering making an acc in the euro servers as well, just to see what that's like. 

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:18 am »

I'm down to play, although I don't know if you guys really want my mmr in the mix. Might make things a bit more challenging for you all.

The name's Endstep, and I made it into plat this season with under 50 ranked games played. When I have a bit more time to play ranked I'm going to shoot for Diamond, which I think is achievable.

That happened to me few months ago, my entire team disconnected except me, so I lost because of 1vs5 at 16 minutes of playing. Also I found very unfair that i had won 6 of 10 for the ranked thing, and i got bronze 1, meanwhile i have seen others players that got 4 wins and 6 defeat and they are gold
The promotion series really doesn't matter that much; your placement is based mostly on where your mmr was before the reset. However, the general trend is a downward shift because you can't get placed into Diamond, meaning on average everyone is shifted down to account for the Diamond players getting placed into Gold/Plat.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:54 am »

I literally won one game in my provs this season, and got bronze 2. Probably because my rating was alright last season, like you're all saying. I'm down to play with you venser, i'm about to add you right now, handle's TheBunnyTheBeer. It's all good if i'm to low to play with you </3 I'll be higher in the ratings in like a weeks time, hopefuly higher in the silver brackets. But always down to play norms.

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:28 pm »

Would love to play with you any day :p
I've changed my Summoner Name since the last league thread, it's The Parallax II now. Ripped the name from btbam's latest album :'D I just love it, haha.
NA server, btw. Hope you won't mind a feeder in your team if one of the metabreakers goes wrong, that didn't happen in a while though.
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 09:00:25 pm »

I just added you, dull :] and my name is a play off my favourite band, the bunny the bear. So I also created a team,(IWannaBeTheLeague) so if anyone who plays wants to get in, send me your handle :D I'm looking at you Cat and Silver :P And Andre, if you play NA you should deff get in on this. Or at least make a NA account so you can eventually join up with us ^_^ /color]

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »

OMG riot finally finished making the team builder! this thing is so dope, i've been waiting for this for around six months and it's finally here, you should deff check it out guys when you get the chance.
Pages: [1] 2