I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Trickles of Red  (Read 11538 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Trickles of Red
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:47:23 am »

It's time. They told you when the beeping started that it would be time! You'd been sleeping unpeacefully before now, becoming half-conscious several times, worrying, anxious for your "alarm" to go off. Although you don't know why you'd worry when the beeping would start eventually. But after the beeping...they told you something else. You're having some trouble remembering. Maybe it'll come to you a bit later. It's time for you to respond to the beeping!

A hydraulic hiss sounds as the doors in front of you open, letting light into your chamber for the first time since it closed. Your eyes are very sensitive, so you can't help but hide them underneath your hands, turning your head to the side and digging it into the comfortable bedding you've been sleeping in. You suddenly remember that the next thing that you were supposed to do after the beeping was get up. That's the most logical thing to do. You've had...more than enough sleep.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Trickles of Red
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:47:06 pm »

After doing that, open eyes and actually examine my surroundings.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:59 pm »

You decide to leave your bed chamber, the blankets and comforters having grown too messy for your liking, to the point where you'd have to make your bed again to garner any enjoyment out of laying in it. You step out into your room, the lights buzzing to life slowly as you become active. Your eyes are still adjusting, but you can see a footlocker against the opposite wall, as well as a table next to you with a bunch of supplies set on top of and underneath it, including a backpack, water, MREs, and some other things. There's also a door, but something tells you that you shouldn't worry about leaving yet. Your stomach is empty, and you cannot ignore its cries.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

Open one of the MREs and eat it. Also drink a mouthful of water.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:53 am »

You grab a bottle of water, tearing open one of the MRE packs and taking off the cap, pouring some of the water inside. You take out one of the sporks that was included in your bundle of supplies, and dig in. This tastes like your first good meal in so long! You love MREs! They told you they were your favorite. You don't recall eating anything else, though.

With your hunger addressed, you look at what else is on your table. You notice an assault rifle is helpfully included, along with some explosives, a few sidearms, survival gear, and a trusty knife. You don't know why you'd need a knife, though. They told you that you have sharp claws, and as usual they're right about what they've been telling you.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:06:32 am »

Suit up, putting the AR across my back. Sidearms are strapped where I can reach them quickly, with the knife strapped to my left ankle. Everything else gets tossed into the backpack
that I'm assuming all the survival supplies are in
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:44 am »

You're already quite suited up, having woken up wearing your nifty-*** Advanced Operations Customizable Synthetic Combat Suit, specially designed for your model, with interchangeable nodes allowing for ease of access in installation of modules, allowing you to prepare for any mission.*** They told you that plenty of times. You think it's pretty cool, since you look like a super soldier while wearing it. You pick up your pack, now loaded with all the supplies, your body easily supporting the weight, despite your light frame. You put the ***.45 Caliber Heavy Pistols*** into your side holsters. ***They are a popular choice of sidearm for infantry units, and are standard issue in some divisions.*** They told you that, too. Your assault rifle gets strapped across your back, and your grenades and other anti-personnel equipment get strapped to your belt.

You should be able to safely leave the room now. They told you that they can't account for what you might find out there, but worst case scenario means that you're going to have to bust out the weapons that they granted you. Worst-WORST case scenarios you shouldn't have to worry about. You've got something very special to deal with those...

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:31:52 am »

I examine my hands first. I want to know early if we are the demons.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:34 am »

You look at your hands, discovering what you already know. That being that you do indeed have sharp, catlike claws hidden in your hands. There was something about them being filled with some kind of poison, venom, hallucination-inducing goo, whatever. It just means that you'll never be unarmed. You ARE a mutant, after all.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 01:12:17 pm »

Try to remember why they hired a commie mutant traitor to serve them.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »

Verify whether or not I'm in a paranoia-inspired PBF by saying aloud "Friend Computer, please advise. My clearance level is RED."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 06:16:56 pm »

You remember what they told you. You weren't hired, you were CREATED to serve them. Which makes sense, your genes are way too perfect to have been formed from random mutations, unlike some OTHER mutants you know...not that you know any other mutants. You were asleep for a while.

They also told you that you've got something that a lot of other mutants don't. FREE WILL! You have SO MUCH free will! Like, just by getting up and arming yourself, you've properly demonstrated a large degree of free will already! You're glad they told you all about how you have so much free will.

You also have something else most other mutants don't have, A NAME! Most mutants would kill for names, if names were things that could be killed for. You're not like those mindless, mass-produced mutants made by whatever other factions that might exist outside. You're not sure which, if any of the previous factions survived.

Oh, right, NAME. Your name is TYCHE MK 7. A name like that complements your free will IMMENSELY. If you told your name to other mutants, they'd be SO jealous, but they'd probably be too preoccupied NOT having free will, and wouldn't be able to have the capacity to be jealous.

You look at the wrist-mounted computer device on your left arm, noting its capacity to store data and serve a host of other useful functions. It's properly integrated into your suit, which allows it to be able to measure your vital conditions, which should come in handy quite often.

HEALTH: PERFECT
HUNGER: FULL
TIME: PLEASE INPUT 00:00
WEATHER: NO FORECAST AVAILABLE

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:27 pm »

Attempt to input 00:00 into the clock function on the pipboy.
When that fails, find a clock.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:26 am »

You try to leave the time unset, but after fumbling about you manage to set it to 5:03 AM before you manage to exit the screen. Finding a clock's going to be difficult, considering there aren't any clocks in this room.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »

Try to leave the room using your newly attained FREE WILL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8