I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Awesome  (Read 3925 times)

maxg26

• I am the great boshy!!!
    • View Profile
I Wanna Be The Awesome
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:32 am »

Hey Guys I Made A Fangame Cos I Was Bored And Id Like You To Try It Out, See If You Like It And If I Should Change Anything. Its Not Finished It Has 3 Out Of 6 Worlds Done, Every World Will Have A Boss And The Game Will Progressively Get Harder, If You Beat The Third World You Beat My Game So Far So Do What You Want, Play On All Difficulties Try And Beat My Score Which Is 140 Deaths On Hard Mode. Here Are The World Themes And Bosses
World 1: Training Room Boss 1: Rainbow Box World 2: Factory Boss 2: Factory World 3: Jungle/Water/Castle Boss 3: The Guy
Hope You Enjoy And This Is Version 1 So Here It Is https://www.mediafire.com/?b0uwbmexuoocsvq

Made With Game Maker And Yosnipers Engine. Sprites Ripped From IWBTG (Haha, Now There Is No Copyright)

Edit: Version 1.0.1:
Fixed A Bug In The First Boss When You Die But You Dont And Game Over Writng Is On Your Screen
Here Is The Next Download, Also You Will Be Able To Download All Versions In One Big Packhttps://www.mediafire.com/folder/0n2f5xuu8apgc/I_Wanna_Be_The_Awesome
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:29:26 am by maxg26 »

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Awesome
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:47:25 pm »

I made throught the first boss and I must say this is one of the greatest fangames in my IWBTG fangame history.Might be my favourite one,though.It's impossible to dislike almost EVERYTHING put in the game.I can't even imagine how much effort you put into a game and when you release it,it feels like I'm going throught a wonderful gaming experience.Even 10/10 is not enough for this awesome masterpiece.
The first room was hilariously well designed and traps were made me laugh my ass off.It was kinda nice when the secret item's sprite was COIN.I mean,who the hell can think that?Your'e a genious for making a secret item in a normal room.Although it was pretty hard to get it,but oh well every fangame has difficult obstacles to get these secret items.
The difficulty was well balanced and the game was so awesome that it worths more than $50 dollars to be sold in Steam.The sprites were belonging to IWBTG but the way you put sparkles and little shading into these blocks made it very good looking.
First boss was one of the best bosses I've encountered in my gaming life.Not just fangames,its literally better than the most of the game's boss fights.The music was perfectly fine for the boss battle,the boss attacks and it's health was very well balanced and the boss' sprite was quite well designed and good looking.Putting a health bar to the boss and change the colors of bar when it's health is down was pretty genious.
Now I'm stuck on the first boss,I will review more if I can go through the boss and prepare myself for more amazing gameplay experience.111/10 man,keep it up.Very goog game :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:50:03 pm by Dr.Papanak »

maxg26

• I am the great boshy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:47:32 am »

Thank You For The Great Review I Hope You Get Past The Boss And Enjoy The Rest Of The Game. The Net Update Will Be World 4 And Boss 4. Until Then Enjoy

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:32:32 am »

I made throught the first boss and I must say this is one of the greatest fangames in my IWBTG fangame history.Might be my favourite one,though.It's impossible to dislike almost EVERYTHING put in the game.I can't even imagine how much effort you put into a game and when you release it,it feels like I'm going throught a wonderful gaming experience.Even 10/10 is not enough for this awesome masterpiece.
The first room was hilariously well designed and traps were made me laugh my ass off.It was kinda nice when the secret item's sprite was COIN.I mean,who the hell can think that?Your'e a genious for making a secret item in a normal room.Although it was pretty hard to get it,but oh well every fangame has difficult obstacles to get these secret items.
The difficulty was well balanced and the game was so awesome that it worths more than $50 dollars to be sold in Steam.The sprites were belonging to IWBTG but the way you put sparkles and little shading into these blocks made it very good looking.
First boss was one of the best bosses I've encountered in my gaming life.Not just fangames,its literally better than the most of the game's boss fights.The music was perfectly fine for the boss battle,the boss attacks and it's health was very well balanced and the boss' sprite was quite well designed and good looking.Putting a health bar to the boss and change the colors of bar when it's health is down was pretty genious.
Now I'm stuck on the first boss,I will review more if I can go through the boss and prepare myself for more amazing gameplay experience.111/10 man,keep it up.Very goog game :)

tl;dr it needs a lot of work and effort, you did literally nothing different than what yosniper did regarding level design. and the boss is just the dogshit boss with a cube sprite.

Another shit-fangame to the pile
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

pieceofcheese87

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »

Looks Great!
I like to fart in people's faces when they're eating a gourmet dessert.

Nat

• SHET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »

Pretty fantastic if I do say so myself.

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:21 am »

I hate to go off topic but.

6- Don't make Touhou bosses.. and no delicious fruit. They are meant to be in japanese fangames.

These are the rules of making a good fangame (ALL OF THEM)

Are you fucking kidding me?

For one those "Touhou" bosses are everywhere, if you can't shoot a boss and dodge projectiles that is in almost every game possible, you come across a boss, you have to dodge, attack, etc. Or if you mean avoidance bosses, then those are everywhere in fangames and every community has an arsenal of them, If you want to try to stop it then you're not going to get very far.

As for the rules of a good fangame, there is no such thing, it is pure taste, people could like a game with brown blocks and just spikes, I'm not even coming close to messing with you.

I have to go off topic to comment on this because it is a very stupid point of criticism.

As for Maxg, please add in screenshots if you don't mind.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 08:29:37 pm »

I don't force anyone to follow that rules. If you want you can ignore some rules or ignore all of them. But some are useful like not putting a boss that shoots delicious fruit everytime. Instead you can make it follow a pattern of attacks. The funny factor in IWBTG is: you never know what comes next. So let the creativity flow and think of weird attacks you can make your boss do.
Well, every boss nowdays is avoidence and i dont hear anyone complaining about delicious fruit

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »

'i dont hear anyone complaining about delicious fruit' lol really? delicious fruit avoidance sucks and a lot of people agree
HAHHAHAHHAHAH
Avoidence is some of the best fangames ever
Also alot of people HERE agree but then again this community is out of touch with many fangames and fangame genres such as Needle, Avoidence, a few Medleys and 100F and the like
Some great avoidences are
Charm
Summer Party
AquaMarine
The Final avoidence of white and black
Crime and Punishment
And many more

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 08:39:45 pm »

K Rebag no need to be a dick.

I wasn't try to dissuade you from liking avoidance games I was refuting you point about not hearing anyone complaining about them because it happens often.
Not on the other side of the fence

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 08:47:21 pm »

Yeah, i know
Ive already migrated
I Stay here for everything BUT fangames

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »

I agree with Derf. Avoidance is the worst thing to have ever existed in a fangame. Now, let's stop arguing. Start a new thread about this or shut up.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

I agree with Derf. Avoidance is the worst thing to have ever existed in a fangame. Now, let's stop arguing. Start a new thread about this or shut up.
Thats just because your reflexes are shit and you play the games for needle
Also Where would we make the thread?
FYI That wasnt an insult to infernoman he said in a thread a reason for hating bosses is because he has shit reflexes
Anyways its not like this thread was going anywhere besides sarcastic remarks on the shit fangame