I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: I Wanna Get Some Money - Version 0.3  (Read 4327 times)

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I Wanna Get Some Money - Version 0.3
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:36:36 am »

After 3 months (to be honest, I only worked on this game at the third month) I am able to present you version 0.3 of I Wanna Get Some Money.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?sd9db3fzsana7rn

I worked a lot on the visuals and the atmosphere of the game. It really took a lot of time but I think it was worth it.
Of course the level design and the gameplay don´t miss out because of that.

Contents:
- 1 boss
- 2 areas
- a lot of money
- pies
- selfmade graphics
- a little story

Here are some pictures so you can imagine what the game looks like: http://imgur.com/a/XIqRJ

The finished game will have 6 bosses and 6 areas. I also want to include a possibility to fight against the bosses again and maybe even a boss rush.
Do not expect a long game, yet. It should be like 1 and a half hour long.
Anyways, I hope you still can have fun with this short test version.
I hope that I can finish the game until august. Maybe but only maybe the first august is the release date of version 0.1.

Let me know about errors, bugs, glitches, bad things so I can fix them. Of course it would also be nice to hear good things about the game.

Here are some people who helped making this game and who I want to thank:
- iAmManuze: for a lot of graphics
- TheLittleZero: for testing the game
- YoSniper: for inspiring me to make this game with his fangame contest and his engine (well, I edited very much but I began with his engine)
- BroDute: for some really cool ideas and the money spike
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:26:59 pm by SirRouven »

pieceofcheese87

• ok
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Get Some Money - Version 0.3
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:19:23 pm »

The production value is great but I don't like how far-apart the saves are on normal mode. It's completely ridiculous. If you're not playing on easy mode, you're pretty much fucked unless you like tedious long segments.
A lot of parts with the green platforms are poorly-timed and there are many questionable decisions with the design and the difficulty. The water is awful.

But as I said, the production value is great. I commend you for making most of the graphics. It's nice to look at but not particularly fun to play.
I like to fart in people's faces when they're eating a gourmet dessert.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 05:31:52 pm »

The water is awful.
Would you be so kind to explain this a little bit more detailed? What is aweful about the water?

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:40:45 pm »

It seems like the water is way too heavy for what you want people to do in it.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »

It seems like the water is way too heavy for what you want people to do in it.
That didn´t really bother me while testing my game but I guess I can do something about that since it only makes the game friendlier.

The production value is great but I don't like how far-apart the saves are on normal mode. It's completely ridiculous. If you're not playing on easy mode, you're pretty much fucked unless you like tedious long segments.
A lot of parts with the green platforms are poorly-timed and there are many questionable decisions with the design and the difficulty.
I´ve always been bad at placing saves for more than one difficulty. Hopefully I can do something about that.
The timing of some platforms might be bad because I had a dead line. I needed to create the forest area in 2 days so that I could at least present 2 areas for the fangame contest.
Overall the levels are very rushed because I began making them 2 weeks before I had to submit my game.

Anyways, thanks for playing and writing down your thoughts.

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:34:28 pm »

I think the easiest thing to do to improve the saves is place them on the screens where the stuff is about to happen, instead of at the end of previous screens. Then people don't need to do the transition over and over.

Jmab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »

So i just finished the v0.3 and i liked it pretty much. I have little to say about the game that has not been said already and i understand that it is a early alpha. The only thing ill like to point out is that one of the atacks of the first boss its pretty hard to dodge compared to the other ones ( i think you know which one) and to be honest the first time i beated it was because he didnt used it at all (i got lucky). So maybe you can make it a bit slower or a little shorter to balance it. Again i really liked it and from the 5 contest games i had beaten so far this is the one i liked the most.

Btw i played on a computer with windows 8 and i had 0 crashes. Thanks a lot for that  :)

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

Btw i played on a computer with windows 8 and i had 0 crashes. Thanks a lot for that  :)
The problem with some games is that they are using gamemakers internal sound system. It causes game crashes on windows 8 sometimes.
I am using the Super Sound System, an external sound system, that is why my game should not crash on windows 8 unless I programmed an error somewhere.

Also, thank you for playing. I might change the first boss since some of my testers also found that one attack to be too hard.

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »

Btw i played on a computer with windows 8 and i had 0 crashes. Thanks a lot for that  :)
The problem with some games is that they are using gamemakers internal sound system. It causes game crashes on windows 8 sometimes.
I am using the Super Sound System, an external sound system, that is why my game should not crash on windows 8 unless I programmed an error somewhere.

Also, thank you for playing. I might change the first boss since some of my testers also found that one attack to be too hard.

i will put super sound in my game, thanks for the secret. i thing supersound is only a really rare dll but... super sound = beautifull...MONEY?