I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: "Best" Boss  (Read 15851 times)

Makaris

• Worst Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Rock and ROLL. Get it? You will. Oh yes.
    • View Profile
"Best" Boss
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:57 am »

I am well aware that "best" is entirely subjective.  I don't mean the easiest, or the hardest.  I mean the one you enjoyed the most.  It doesn't matter why.  Go ahead and state which was your favorite, and why.  Use the spoiler tags so you don't ruin the bosses for people, fuckers.

For me, it's gotta be Mecha Birdo. 
The whole package is simply awesome, starting from the moment you are horrifyingly dropped into the room.  Promptly after this your eyes and ears are assaulted with a message in the sort of unique (fucked up) way only the Japanese can manage... Then the fucking great music from Ikaruga comes on, hoping on missiles, IT APPEARS.  AWWW YEAH, LET'S DO THIS THING!!  OH SHIT EYE LASERS!  THE MISSILES ARE ACTIVATED!  I LOVE THIS FUCKER!

The music begins, your getting pumped... and then you see it.  HOLY SHIT!  LET'S DO THIS THING!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:02:05 am by Makaris »
:kid:This Signature is worth two The Guys :kid:

PhoenixUltima

• View Profile
Re: "Best" Boss
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:20:37 am »

Dracula.
His glass kills you! That is just the most hilarious thing ever. I quite literally laughed out loud when that happened.

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:36:02 pm »

I've got to say that Dracula was the most enjoyable boss for me.

Taco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:30:44 pm »

Dracula has the glass going for him.
Mecha-Birdo is awesome on many accounts.
Mike Tyson is also awesome on.. Not as many accounts.

Mother Brain and Clown Copter.. Mleh. Mother Brain was just kinda boring even though there was a lot of stuff to avoid. Clown Copter just takes too damn long to get through the first two stages where you do next to nothing. DX

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 02:26:32 pm »

Current boss is my favorite. Then like.. Dracula, Tyson, Motherbrain, Clowncopter, Bird.

Hm, Maybe I should make clowncopters 'puff's go full screen to add more bite to the second form.

McFrugal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:54:34 am »

I haven't fought clowncopter or mother brain yet, but my current favorite would have to be Birdo.  The second and third stages are just so intense that once you get it down it feels extremely satisfying.

Dracula was kinda fun, but I found the choppy animation of the waveorbs made them strangely hard to predict, and I disliked how he would occasionally telefrag you.  Tyson was pretty neat too, although to be honest I was kinda stuck on his third phase until I looked at iwbtw.

Makaris

• Worst Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Rock and ROLL. Get it? You will. Oh yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:04:42 pm »

I feel the same about the wave-orbs.  When I saw those, it was basically over.  Dodging them is mostly a luck thing.  Hope you are in the right spot when they come out.  Luckily they are rather rare and won't lead to many deaths on their own.  It's only when you are doing well and they come out that they hurt.

Dracula could sometimes set you up for an unavoidable death, which can be frustrating.  Key is to just do your best to not get trapped in the corner.

Dracula was very fun overall.  Probably almost as good as Birdo.  It really the atmosphere of the Birdo fight that makes me happy. 
:kid:This Signature is worth two The Guys :kid:

Mr Roboto113

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 04:34:54 pm »

I think everyone likes Birdo so much because he was a lot easier than the others.

neodrakan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 06:34:49 pm »

i think tyson is the greatest of all the bosses because everytime i hear the KO music i orgasm...

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 12:34:07 am »

i think tyson is the greatest of all the bosses because everytime i hear the KO music i orgasm...

Well said, well said.

Senae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:34 pm »

I have a soft spot for Tyson, mostly because I spent 45 minutes to an hour trying to get to the god damned game over room, that being pummled to death was a breath of fresh air.

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 08:52:47 am »

I have a soft spot for Tyson, mostly because I spent 45 minutes to an hour trying to get to the god damned game over room, that being pummled to death was a breath of fresh air.

That, and he's the easiest of the bosses?

Senae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:16:54 am »

That, and he's the easiest of the bosses?

I didn't think so, I had more trouble with him then clowncopter.

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:48 pm »

Oh good.  You're like me in the sense that you can get over that bowling ball without any trouble at all.

Bittersoul

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:32:08 pm »

I could actually do it easily at first.  But the longer the fight lasted, the more agitated I got.  And I found out that I was doing the last phase COMPLETELY wrong, so that shot the rest of my precision out the window (I have two tanks, Precision and Agitation, and only enough monitoring fluid to fill one.  As one fills the other empties.  It's a complicated balancing act).  I finally got it, but I've tried it again since with no problems jumping over the balls.

Dynamic, eh?
Pages: [1] 2 3