I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: I wanna kill Jack (Beta)  (Read 3704 times)

JackBeam

• View Profile
I wanna kill Jack (Beta)
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »

Here I introduce you to my i wanna be the guy fangame "I WANNA KILL JACK".

this fangame is currently in beta and includes four worlds, and 3 bosses. I hope you like the game to this point in time, and hope for positive feedback and honest criticism.

download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?b5rup12btumhe9q

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: I wanna kill Jack (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:23:17 pm »

Well, I decided to try it out, despite there being no screenshots to preview the game.

My first red flag was that the icon for the game was the red circle, as in the game was made with a Game Maker 7 engine or prior. My second red flag was that by default "Y" was the jump button and "X" was the shoot button. Don't know what keyboard you're using, but the standard for ours is "Shift" to jump and "Z" to shoot.

The game itself is more or less what I expected given those two red flags. Many different rooms filled with spikes and triggers, and specific jumps. It's not a terrible game, as it is more forgiving than most of this style, but it didn't "wow" me.

We've seen all of these tricks before, and at this point, we're looking for more original gimmicks in games. Now, you might be just a beginner game maker and that would make this a good start, but you have a long way to go. I played about four or five screens before I decided to stop just because I was bored. Don't take it personally; I just set the bar relatively high for all fangame makers.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

JackBeam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:10 pm »

Thank you for your feedback, I go here once a on your mentioned points:

- The controls I chose this way because I used no game pad x with y and played himself. the controls but can be yes change at will.

- The icon has not been a major point of criticism for me. once that is ready to play I'll get to it, among other things because

- I try as far as it goes with my knowledge, departing from other fangames. world in each located up on triggers and of course spikes also something else.

- Screenshots do I add just one :)

world1

world2

world 3

world 4

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:36:15 am »

Do you want to kill yourself o_O
Edit:This is by far the most annoying fangame ever i've played.All i can say is traps are uselessly annoying and too much.Its almost worse than I Wanna Be A Brute Of A Man.Please reduce the amount of traps and increase the amount of saves.I stuck at the graveyard.I didnt like this game and im a psychopath.No one would be playing it.Everybody is not asian like Fatalbrain.For the love of god what is this?
: Graveyard • show
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:15:12 am by LoLGamer »

JackBeam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 08:21:47 am »

I tried the game a good level between hard and easy to type.
I have the game played to the beta end and admit that put it on some is a bit hard, but since I have not even i wanna be the boshy played on the ez-mode, I have the degree of difficulty looking for better players than adequate.

the jump is not impossible. after the trigger is released, you need to back on the right stone on it then you can safely jump again

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »

Sorry pal,I was pretty angry when I posted that,didn't mean to yell at you :(