I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I wanna be the EeOneGuy  (Read 15235 times)

AkakiyPetrushkin

• View Profile
I wanna be the EeOneGuy
« on: October 10, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »

Hy, I decided to create my fan game about a Russian boy who takes great video in the game as long as there are 2 levels and 2 bosses, addictive gameplay, colorful graphics, and tons of fun! The game is to be completed in time!
Sorry for my English, it damn Google translator!
Screenshots:

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydzKui4GTi0
Download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/okp6d12lhbxc3u6/IWBTGv0.1.5.rar
Version 0.2.0 (Not full)
-Added the waiting room for change level
-Added multiplayer (To play on the network you just need to go in the game, everything works as mmo)
-Peredelan First and second layer
-Added Secret places and hats on the first level (сhange caps buttons 1,2,3)
-Added Counter Death.

Thanks!

Version 0.2.0 https://www.mediafire.com/?0vdzxkg6v7qg87z
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:33:38 am by AkakiyPetrushkin »

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: I wanna be the EeOneGuy
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »

Well, I tried it out because I had time, and I played for a few minutes.

What I like so far:
- Definitely original
- Graphics are nice to look at
- No border kills
- New gimmicks like the DDR arrows break up the monotony

What I didn't like so far:
- WOULD IT KILL YOU TO MAKE AN ENGLISH VERSION?
- I look at this game, and I think of Michael Wanted To Be The Guy. You're probably the same creator, and it shows. This might not necessarily be a bad thing, but see below...
- You have a pixel perfect jump in one of the first rooms (the one with the giant spike block)
- The "motherfucker" sound effect is funny the first time, but gets quite annoying when you hear it the 50th time.
- Those save blocks are an eyesore, and you can't even tell if you've saved until you press R. I discovered that you save by shooting, rather than touching the save, which is fine, but there is zero indication and that is the laziest sprite for a save block I have seen yet.
- The physics are drastically different from the usual engine physics. The horizontal speed is slower, the gravity is much faster, and I think the jump heights are drastically different as well.
- In the room with the invisible blocks (after the jump spike puzzle) falling down doesn't kill you, but you fall into oblivion.
- The mask of the sprite is weird. Sometimes I got stuck on corners of blocks.
- It's easy to bypass many triggers by merely saving beyond them (although honestly, it helped me tolerate this game.)
- That orange juice boss, or whatever the hell it was, is stupid beyond words.

I made it to that floating head boss and decided it wasn't worth my time to continue. This game is like a bad acid trip, not that I would know.

Those are my thoughts, anyway.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Paragus

• View Profile
    • Twitch Tv
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 03:14:06 pm »

Seriously the worst physics ever put into a fangame, congrats on that!

Bad level design, bad music, bad controls, annoying audio...

This game is like Ebola of fangames, hopefully you caught it during the creation of it.

Does that face boss even work?   I can't shoot it, but it has HP?

Your visuals make me want to vomit all over myself..maybe it's the Ebola.

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:09:49 pm »

I concur with every single thing YoSniper said. I too quit at the face boss.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Cantavanda

• ~𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 07:53:33 am »

This game is like Ebola of fangames, hopefully you caught it during the creation of it.

Does that face boss even work?   I can't shoot it, but it has HP?

I can't stop laughing, you made me lose, but it's not nice what you said. You could also say positive things about it.
EDIT: Ebola is not funny, what I found funny was how unexpected and over the top rude it was, but it isn't really funny anymore, just mean and offensive.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:54:36 am by Sir Cantavanda »

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:21 am »

yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

d

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 11:19:31 am »

You could also say positive things about it.
It's playable and the graphics are pleasing to the eye.
d

Cantavanda

• ~𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 01:12:27 pm »

The backgrounds are very nice, and I like the graphics, but the death sound is annoying as crapperpapper.

AndreSsgarrido

• ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

The death sound is annoying after some time, when the bullets goes off screen in the 2nd boss, these bullets doesnt disappear and you can do and abuse a shitty glitch with the blocks like this http://gyazo.com/00c0e67ef3608774f85617e888428bfc

Obviously like any fangame, there is still a lot of things to improve, since this is just a 0.1.5 version, there shouldnt be any problem on fixing and making some things more fun and better.

AkakiyPetrushkin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 05:32:39 am »

Hello!
New version! (not fully completed yet)
-Added the waiting room for change level
-Added multiplayer (To play on the network you just need to go in the game, everything works as mmo)
-Peredelan First and second layer
-Added Secret places and hats on the first level (сhange caps buttons 1,2,3)
-Added Counter Death.
Download https://www.mediafire.com/?0vdzxkg6v7qg87z

avasthammer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 08:51:40 am »

:) Good game.

ValDenStudios

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 03:21:42 pm »

Does that face boss even work?   I can't shoot it, but it has HP?

WTF? Did you ever play I wanna kill the mom?
No seriously, your game sucks! Bad physics, annoying sound, russian langauge (even more worse than a written german accent*cough*).
But I see some potential in your game you should keep going!

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 03:33:34 am »

WTF? Did you ever play I wanna kill the mom?
No seriously, your game sucks! Bad physics, annoying sound, russian langauge (even more worse than a written german accent*cough*).
But I see some potential in your game you should keep going!

Well, I tried it out because I had time, and I played for a few minutes.

What I like so far:
- Definitely original
- Graphics are nice to look at
- No border kills
- New gimmicks like the DDR arrows break up the monotony

What I didn't like so far:
- WOULD IT KILL YOU TO MAKE AN ENGLISH VERSION?
- I look at this game, and I think of Michael Wanted To Be The Guy. You're probably the same creator, and it shows. This might not necessarily be a bad thing, but see below...
- You have a pixel perfect jump in one of the first rooms (the one with the giant spike block)
- The "motherfucker" sound effect is funny the first time, but gets quite annoying when you hear it the 50th time.
- Those save blocks are an eyesore, and you can't even tell if you've saved until you press R. I discovered that you save by shooting, rather than touching the save, which is fine, but there is zero indication and that is the laziest sprite for a save block I have seen yet.
- The physics are drastically different from the usual engine physics. The horizontal speed is slower, the gravity is much faster, and I think the jump heights are drastically different as well.
- In the room with the invisible blocks (after the jump spike puzzle) falling down doesn't kill you, but you fall into oblivion.
- The mask of the sprite is weird. Sometimes I got stuck on corners of blocks.
- It's easy to bypass many triggers by merely saving beyond them (although honestly, it helped me tolerate this game.)
- That orange juice boss, or whatever the hell it was, is stupid beyond words.

I made it to that floating head boss and decided it wasn't worth my time to continue. This game is like a bad acid trip, not that I would know.

Those are my thoughts, anyway.

After seeing yosniper's reply, i kinda got a bit angry at it, valdens kinda made me want to call you both out.

I have to ask, what is the big complaint about foreign languages, Yosniper and Valden, i have to admit, this was a bit racist and far, he clearly states that he used google translate and i looked at the dates back then, yosniper your reply was on octobor 11th and his first edit was on october 10th, so yes, it would kill him to make an english version. I understand the other complaints and having played the game myself, they do exist, but the Russian language? That's like if i went up to someone on nicovideo and commanded him or her to use full english, it's just not going to work properly.

Also i'm pretty sure Para did play Kill The Mom, and well, i already know his criticism on it and it is very accurate it seems like.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:43:09 am by Swordslinger »

ValDenStudios

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

Also i'm pretty sure Para did play Kill The Mom, and well, i already know his criticism on it and it is very accurate it seems like.
Uhhh... he never told us.

This is an international forum and I think then you should use the english language. Everyone (should) speaks english because russian is not really present in western states, the westernmost (if you go through europe) state where (older) people can speak russian is former east germany because it was learned there instead of english.

Swordslinger

• Fangame Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »

Uhhh... he never told us.

This is an international forum and I think then you should use the english language. Everyone (should) speaks english because russian is not really present in western states, the westernmost (if you go through europe) state where (older) people can speak russian is former east germany because it was learned there instead of english.

Ok, rebag's reply should help with that unless it's been deleted or something, it better be a troll game or you got problems, i never played it but those were his words and i strangely believe him. Besides if you want to know his opinion how about, hmm i dunno, email paragus or something, it's really not brain surgery. Not to mention paragus live streams so it's not that hard to get his opinion, just ask him in the chat.

I want you to keep in mind, anyone can access this forum, same with any forum that ever exists, if the man is bad at english, then so be it. So let me follow your example, let's say Kamilia joins the forum, he is extremely terrible at english and only fluent in Korean and Japenese, what if i were to use very advanced english to talk to him, you would get sentences like this, "??". Or how about this, lets take it all the way, how about i email someone who speaks another language and not english a 5 paragraph essay and try to talk to him on skype.

Who gives a shit if russian is not present in the western community, who honestly does, it's still his main language and might be the only one he speaks, the main audience hes giving this game too is not this community i would say anyway, it might be his own little community in russia because the youtube video shows a man speaking russian playing it. Now i do talk with foreigners with very basic english and i never once pulled stunts like this, what i saw was just kind of a big train wreck.

Besides, i think google translate is his only way of speaking english, if he were to use it on this game for a basic sentence it could come out completely wrong.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:36:23 pm by Swordslinger »
Pages: [1] 2