I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: So uh  (Read 1740 times)

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
So uh
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:57:09 am »

Seth Rogan's latest shit shit stupid piece of shit fuckass shitty movie got cancelled, yay!

..And he could have started World War 3.

The context is, SR made a fucking stupid comedy movie about two bumbling idiot interviewers traveling to North Korea to murder Kim Jong Un. It was probably going to be horrible, but loved by all, like his last shitty shit shit movie This Is the End

It was cancelled because, get this, Kim Jong Un, a mindless dictator, somehow didn't like that there was a movie about idiot Americans successfully murdering him, and making a fool of him and his empire. So, he threatened American cinemas with terrorist attacks if they did not pull their movies. Naturally, the cinemas pulled their movies, and Sony completely, absolutely shut off any way of anyone ever seeing the movie.

Americans were OUTRAGED about this, because it's "Stepping on their freedom of speech", and showing that "If some no-name idiot can threaten America into submission, then freedom of speech is dead" even though Freedom of Speech doesn't affect places /outside America/ gg news reporters you fucking idiots

I for one support the decision to take it out of theaters, not only because it was going to be a horrible movie, but also because of the possibility of an invasion. Possibly unlikely, but do we really wanna start World War 3 over a mentally-damaged Canadian "comedian" wanting to release a shitty film?

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: So uh
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:04:39 am »

North Korea is a country wracked with severe famines and political instability. They constantly threaten the US with invasion all the time, but not once have they actually acted upon it (other than maybe firing some missiles at South Korea). There is zero chance that they will try and invade the US, which is all the way across the Pacific. And if they do invade, there's pretty much no way they can win.

Yes, they do have nuclear weapons, but they will get the hell blown out of them if they actually use them on the US. You could make the 'China is their ally' argument, but I think even China will condemn their use of nuclear weapons. Kim Jong Un is not mindless and is aware of this. Put yourself in his position and you'll realize that he's not actually completely stupid. He has to constantly play politics against those who may be trying to usurp him. As highly praised as he is by the citizens of his country, he must be aware that he could be assassinated or overthrown at any moment. Surely he recognizes the destruction that will befall him if he does invade the US. Also, most of the US-will-fall propaganda they throw out is for their own citizens only.

You also have to realize that face is an important part of their culture. NK most likely responded to the movie with their threats of invasion to try and preserve their nonexistent dignity. If you were the leader of a highly militaristic country full of brainwashed citizens that believe you're God, what else could you do? Certainly not roll over and let them slide with it - but they're actually going to do just that, and then feed to their own citizens more propaganda about how they destroyed the US for releasing the movie.

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »

I will be agreeing with Mark here for the most part. It seems your vitriol against the movie is not because of the consequences that may come of it but toward Seth Rogan himself. Why ought he be blamed? Blame the people actually threatening us. They are the unreasonable ones. There is no reason we should not be allowed to make a fictional scenario in which Kim Jong Un dies.
Because pickles.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 03:17:41 am »

I will be agreeing with Mark here for the most part. It seems your vitriol against the movie is not because of the consequences that may come of it but toward Seth Rogan himself. Why ought he be blamed? Blame the people actually threatening us. They are the unreasonable ones. There is no reason we should not be allowed to make a fictional scenario in which Kim Jong Un dies.

Well it's mainly because it's like poking a bear in a cage made of sticks and mud. Although that'd be a better example if the movie were about killing Vladimir Putin, but uh..yeah.

That and Seth Rogen is a fucking asshole and I hate him, so that's most of my argument.

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 01:42:51 pm »

Did Seth Rogen pee in your cheerios, rape your sister and kick your dog or something?

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »

Overblown emotion towards particular individuals has always been a part of IGN's repertoire.

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 02:27:51 pm »

So maybe it's more like kicked his sister, raped his cheerios and peed in his dog?

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 03:15:57 pm »

It's worth noting that any threats North Korea throws at America are the equivalent of a ten-year-old saying he's going to beat up an armed and trained troop of men. Even the nuclear threat is nonexistant; they don't have ICBMs, and their missile range is very short. They don't have the ability to nuke the US even if they wanted to - as I recall, they can hit SK and most of China, that's about as far as they go.

Since they can't nuke the US, they really can't do anything else. No country really poses a threat to the US considering how far ahead in terms of military expertise and technology (and also just investment) the US is. For instance, say you wanted to launch an invasion of the US. How exactly are you planning on getting through this:

Aircraft carriers are the kings of the ocean, and America is similarly ahead in all types of naval craft other than small, short-ranged coastal defense craft (which aren't exactly useful for invading). So where do you invade America? Over land from Mexico? There's not enough arms on the American landmass to beat out the US ground military either.

So really, any threat NK makes is just a joke (this also applies to every other country in the world, but people like to pretend that the US isn't the only person in the room with a gun at a knife fight). Anyway, you should probably get over your weirdass hate of Seth Rogen and realize my post is completely irrelevant to everything.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 03:48:40 pm »

Americans were OUTRAGED about this, because it's "Stepping on their freedom of speech", and showing that "If some no-name idiot can threaten America into submission, then freedom of speech is dead" even though Freedom of Speech doesn't affect places /outside America/ gg news reporters you fucking idiots

The issue with this argument is that we do have Freedom of Speech within America, which I'm assuming is where release would have been limited to. Because the theaters caved to the threat of terrorism, people are generally throwing around the cowardice card and hoping that someone somewhere will get fired for it.

In any case, the movie sounds like it's a shit piece of shit designed to cash in on the idea that North Korea is a bunch of evil commies. Since apparently Saddam Bin Laden was recently declared an Islamic Prophet by the violent radicals that usurped power in the middle east yet again or something else equally asinine.

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 05:58:52 pm »

Ironically, all this whole thing has really done is generated press for this silly movie. Probably way more than it'd get otherwise.

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »

Yep.

Which is why the accusations of Sony staging the whole thing aren't entirely unfounded.