I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Why Consumerism and Assholes are making me hate my favorite game  (Read 1627 times)

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea

I was so fucking ecstatic when I learned that my favorite game, Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, was being remade for the 3DS a couple of months back and was hoping that they would do something for a limited edition of the game. Last Thursday, I learned that two days prior, they released pre-orders for said limited edition and they all sold out within minutes. I couldn't be too upset as I hadn't heard about it due to staring my workweek on a Tuesday. A day or so afterwards, I found out that they were holding a Nintendo Direct this morning to announce new games, release dates and such, so I set my alarm for 6am to catch it live and saw them tease a new 3DS limited run for the console, but only stated that pre-orders were coming soon. So I went back to bed after having checked each site that would've sold it (Game Stop, Best Buy) and woke up to find it had already sold out.

Already on eBay, you can see the consoles that AREN'T EVEN IN THE HANDS OF THE SELLERS UNTIL 2/13 being sold for over a THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS. I'm upset for a multitude of reasons- first, I'm upset at myself for not having the free time that many people on the Internet do to wait until a specific product is released and get it the very nanosecond it goes up on the site. I understand that this is a part of being an adult, that I have to work for a living and can't spend 24/7 on the Internet like I used to,I get that. Secondly, I'm upset with retailers. Yes, the advent of the Internet has allowed for commerce to the Nth degree to take place rather than solely relying on a brick and mortar store to either wait for a copy to arrive or to place a special order in for it... I ALMOST- ALMOST decided to be late to work for 15 minutes so that I could be the first in line at the Game Stop close to work to put in a preorder at the store as it opened. Unfortunately, my morals kicked in and I didn't. I did go over on my lunch on a whim, but I was told that the first person there had bought out whatever stock they were alloted.  Not that I know how they could've collaborated, but someone could've posted a time clock as to when specific retailers would post their pre-orders so there could am have been some order, but no. Game stop put theirs up within an hour of it being announced, and Best Buy waited until the middle of my workday to post theirs, again sold out in minutes. This leads me to who I hate the most out of these situations- motherfucking scalpers.

I am more than understanding if you have a household full of nerds and each one one to place a preorder, more power to ya, but you are a real fucking asshole if you buy it in bulk solely to turn around to sell online at high profit. I don't care if you do it to support and feed your family, fuck you. Yeah, you have to front the cash first before you can profit, but in this day and age if you bet on the wrong horse and find that the item isn't selling, a simple cancel of the preorder and no one's the wiser.

In short, I'm tired from working a long day, I'm upset that I can't buy the things I want and fuck scalpers.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
Re: Why Consumerism and Assholes are making me hate my favorite game
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:03:32 am »

yeah, scalpers are the fucking worst. I heard the sm4sh amiibos got destroyed by them.

that being said, hey, the game is going to be awesome.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:59 am »

Words
If I may ask, what version 3DS do you presently have?

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »

Currently have the Blue X/Y XL, that one I bought while I was at New York Comic Con as it was released on Day 2 of the con. Had to wait until I got back home to even pick up a copy of the game, though. Con in NYC + Nintendo World Center + Highly anticipated game release = Lines for at least 16 blocks.

As of this morning, the war has not been lost. Amazon has stated it should get some shipments in, so now I'll be checking my phone every 15 minutes or so, refreshing Amazon's page to see if it's been put up yet. I'm not giving up on this.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:19:26 pm by Mkid »

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 03:39:09 pm »

Currently have the Blue X/Y XL, that one I bought while I was at New York Comic Con as it was released on Day 2 of the con. Had to wait until I got back home to even pick up a copy of the game, though. Con in NYC + Nintendo World Center + Highly anticipated game release = Lines for at least 16 blocks.

As of this morning, the war has not been lost. Amazon has stated it should get some shipments in, so now I'll be checking my phone every 15 minutes or so, refreshing Amazon's page to see if it's been put up yet. I'm not giving up on this.
I'm guessing that your current one is the older Not NEWXL model.

I'm not going to go out of my way to get a Super Special Awesome Edition New 3DS XL when I upgrade. I'll just take what's available.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 03:39:59 am »

Yeah, I got burned like that on some of the Amiibos I crave, such as Little Mac, Marth*, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer

*Ok, well, to be fair they're gonna have a redo on Marth amiibos.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:07:35 am »

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. GAMESTOP CALLED TO LET ME KNOW THEY WERE ALLOWING MORE PREORDERS FOR THE 3DS AND IT ALSO HAPPENED TO BE PAYDAY. RAN OPEN ON MY LUNCH AND ORDERED MY NEW MAJORA 3DS. ALL IS WELL.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

Atleast it was a happy ending.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »

I've been debating getting the New 3DSXL, because the performance of MH4U will be a lot better on it. But I think I'll be able to deal with the FPS drops in multiplayer.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 01:27:38 am »

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. GAMESTOP CALLED TO LET ME KNOW THEY WERE ALLOWING MORE PREORDERS FOR THE 3DS AND IT ALSO HAPPENED TO BE PAYDAY. RAN OPEN ON MY LUNCH AND ORDERED MY NEW MAJORA 3DS. ALL IS WELL.

Your reaction when