I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Pink Monster Death Diorama  (Read 8061 times)

Benallen

• View Profile
    • My Games
Pink Monster Death Diorama
« on: January 27, 2015, 11:33:42 pm »

Hi all. For the past 2 months or so I've been making a difficult (I don't know how hard it will be to some of you considering the forum this is) platformer in Game Maker 8.1. It's not meant to be anything special or innovative, I just wanted to make a solid pure platformer.

I've been having a hard time getting critique on the game, and even though it's mostly inspired by Super Meat Boy, I hope some forum-goers here will enjoy this and maybe give me some feedback on it.

You can download through Gamejolt

If you don't like Gamejolt for whatever reason, download through Dropbox

Here are some choppy gifs

The first three worlds aren't too tough. I assumed that if any random person played through the first three worlds then they'd be ready for a challenge. So the last world is very difficult, as shown below.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Pink Monster Death Diorama
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:33:07 am »

Does Gamemaker 8.1 use DirectX or OpenGL? If so I could probably record a blind run of it.

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:03 am »

Will play when home
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

Benallen

• View Profile
    • My Games
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »

Does Gamemaker 8.1 use DirectX or OpenGL? If so I could probably record a blind run of it.

Yes but recording Game Maker games directly can sometimes have weird effects on the resolution of the video. Make sure you do a short test recording beforehand (it could just be my computer being strange). If you don't have any issues, I'd love to see you (or anyone) play through it blind.

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 09:24:16 am »

Pretty good. Seems stable, no bugs, so it seems you've tested it yourself. I like the level designs, but I'm struggling with the physics, but that's because I haven't played SMeatB for awhile :P Nice difficulty, it allows trial and error and practice. You may want to create a pixellated font or use one from a font site to fit in with the game. I don't know what to say about the music, but it isn't bad.

So far it's pretty solid! Good work! If you plan on working on it even more, you should try to tackle a level editor!
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »

Pulled myself together to complete the whole game. World 4 has a lot of places that irritate me, mostly because of how sensitive your player is and sticking to walls. Finished it under an hour with 440 deaths. I think there's a bug where your World 4 time resets or something at 40, so I can't give an exact time.