I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What fangame to play first  (Read 15062 times)

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: What fangame to play first
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

I had little to no fun with Boshy, which is why I hate the game. Not because other people hate it as well, I couldn't care less what they think of the game, I just don't like it and I'll most likely never touch the game again in my life.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 03:57:44 pm »

The best fangame ever, and no one can deny it:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
Agree. In my opinion Boshy is the best fangame I've played because it looks awesome and I'm quite sure it has a lot of work on it. And without Boshy many fangames probably wouldn't exist (all the fangames that feature Solgryn as a boss), as I'm quite sure Boshy impulsed the authors to make them. Maybe I feature Solgryn in my fangame as well! :)

Or the trio of legendary fangames:
I Wanna Be The Fangame
I Wanna Kill The Guy
I Wanna Be The GB
IWBTF was boring
IWKTK is awesome but quite easy  :)
I don't understand why you call them "legendary fangames"...

ITS BOSHY TIME! :spikes: :kid: :fruit: :spikes:
*Shitty signature*

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 10:58:29 pm »

boshy is polished (for an iwbtg fangame at least), has lots of content, flashy effects, and online multiplayer. but the difficulty curve is strange and inconsistent and the game has a few near frame-perfect jumps. not to mention the dumb stuff like rotating screens and such.

also, boshy is filled with unfunny old memes :((
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:01:44 pm by Telemorph »

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 11:09:15 pm »

I don't know why there are so many people that dislike or even hate Boshy.
People grew up and realized that the thing they liked in their younger years wasn't that good. If you keep an open mind you will probably end up disliking all the games you liked as a kid cause games are constantly evolving and improving. Old stuff doesn't get better, just comparatively worse.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 01:24:34 pm »

People grew up and realized that the thing they liked in their younger years wasn't that good. If you keep an open mind you will probably end up disliking all the games you liked as a kid cause games are constantly evolving and improving. Old stuff doesn't get better, just comparatively worse.
That's not true. Just because its old or has worse graphics doesn't make it worse.
*Shitty signature*

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 03:11:20 pm »

That's not true. Just because its old or has worse graphics doesn't make it worse.

Right, but things progress; henceforth, games like Boshy that were once popular in 2010 are a null now
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

Right, but things progress; henceforth, games like Boshy that were once popular in 2010 are a null now
Not necessarily, the original IWBTG is from 2007 and we still play it, love it and rage at it!
 :kid: :fruit: :spikes: :fruit:
*Shitty signature*

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »

Not necessarily, the original IWBTG is from 2007 and we still play it, love it and rage at it!

Not sure about that but whatever floats your boat man
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 05:03:33 pm »

Yeah, practically every regular here haven't touched the original in quite some time. A lot of people actually think it's kinda sub-par.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 05:13:30 pm »

Yeah, practically every regular here haven't touched the original in quite some time.
http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=152.1290
Last person to become the guy became on 09-08-2015!
 :kid: :fruit: :spikes:
*Shitty signature*

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 06:51:05 pm »

keyword: practically

Also, please stop posting those emotes; nobody really likes them anymore and it lags some computers.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 11:03:24 pm »

I'm still of the opinion that all fangames are bad and IWBTG was the only decent thing. Though I haven't touched this genre in forever so take my opinion of it now with a grain of salt.

Though my point wasn't that old games are bad, it's just newer stuff eventually catches up.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 03:13:28 am »

Also, please stop posting those emotes; nobody really likes them anymore and it lags some computers.
k

Though my point wasn't that old games are bad, it's just newer stuff eventually catches up.
Probably, but not necessarily. I've been a Nintendo fan during my whole life, but I'm not going to participate in the new console generations. I'm just tired of DLCs and that kind of crap. It's like if you bought half of the game and you had to buy the other half ;A;
The worst thing is that the DLC is spreading everywhere. In my opinion, to say a game is very good it needs to have no DLC, and many games (mainly console games, idk why) are introducing DLC just to get more money from us!

P.D: I realised we are quite off topic XD
*Shitty signature*

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 01:19:53 am »

Probably, but not necessarily.
So long as people desire to improve there is no doubt that old stuff will eventually be outclassed. Time may very though.

In regards to your off topic DLC rant thing, DLC is generally a good thing. It's a way to rather than selling you a game worth $90 they sell you a game worth $60 with $30 of optional add-ons. So in case I don't like the game I don't have to pay for that $30 which without DLC I would. Companies most of the time actually use DLC in order to save you money, cause video games should probably cost more than they sell them for.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2015, 08:41:37 am »

In regards to your off topic DLC rant thing, DLC is generally a good thing. It's a way to rather than selling you a game worth $90 they sell you a game worth $60 with $30 of optional add-ons. So in case I don't like the game I don't have to pay for that $30 which without DLC I would. Companies most of the time actually use DLC in order to save you money, cause video games should probably cost more than they sell them for.[/b][/color]
I disagree. When you buy a game with no DLC and a game with DLC they usually have the same price. The last games I bought were Smash Bros 4 and Yoshy's Wooly World, SSB4 having DLC and YWW not having, and YWW was cost like 3/4 the price of SSB4, plus originally SSB4 wasn't going to have DLC.
But I disagree the most with the underlined. The last thing most big companies today want is to save your money, it's just the opposite. They keep making the same games including one or two things or adding DLC saying it's "Extra Content". Why? IDK. In my opinion DLC is a scam.
I'm not saying it's always like this, this is just my experience with DLC games.
*Shitty signature*
Pages: 1 [2] 3