I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Xbox controller in IWBTB  (Read 21374 times)

fireguy917

• View Profile
Xbox controller in IWBTB
« on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »

I wasn't sure where this would go so I put it in the help section. I couldn't play I Wanna Be The Boshy with an xbox controller, so I downloaded JoyToKey. I don't know where you input controls for the game, does anyone know?

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox controller in IWBTB
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:31:14 pm »

download x360ce

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Xbox controller in IWBTB
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

There are 2 options you can pick from. (Only number 2 uses JoyToKey so if you absolutely want to use it just skip to there.

#1 - Automatic Gamepad controls

Boshy has pre-set gamepad controls you can use (and which you don't need Joy2key for.) To do that, simply go to the 'Options' Menu on the title screen.
Note how next to the controls button it tells you which of the Buttons 1-3 does what, this will be important in a bit.

Scroll down to 'Controls' and press Enter.
This will open a window which looks like this:

Now, to use the pre-set mapping simply click the box in the upper-left corner and click okay. Your controller buttons 1-3 as well as your D-Pad or Left Analog stick should now respond as soon as you get back into the game. You might notice though that those controls are limited to jumping, shooting, restarting and moving. Pausing the game or entering the options menu is only possible via the keyboard if you do it this way.

#2 - Fully customized controls with JoyToKey

To fully customize your controls, as you have already picked, JoyTokey is a good option. You'll need to know which button on your gamepad is labeled with which number though.

To find out which button on your gamepad is set to which number (At least on Windows 7, sorry I don't know how to do it on any other OS) follow these steps:

Start Menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right-click on your gamepad > Controller Options > Properties

Now you will see a window that looks like this (excuse the German text.)

Try pressing a few buttons on your gamepad now. The red circles with numbers should light up corresponding to the buttons you press. Memorize which buttons are which as you will have to assign them to different keys now.

Go back to the Boshy options menu and set the controls back to keyboard mode. As you do this this menu should pop up:

Simply press OK to exit it and now open up JoyToKey.

In it, click Create to create a new profile, and name it anything you like.

Here's where your button numbers come in, you'll have to assign the different keyboard keys used by Boshy to your gamepad. Here's a quick overview of which keys do what in the game:

Left Arrow Key  Move Left
Right Arrow Key  Move Right
Down Arrow Key  Move Down (used in vehicle segments)
Up Arrow Key  Move Up (used in vehicle segments)
Shift  Jump
Z  Shoot
R  Restart
Q  Suicide
Escape  Open Menu / Cancel (in menus)
Enter  Confirm (in menus)
F2  Restart Game
F3  Character Select
F5  Trophy Overview
F8  Toggle FPS display
Page Up  Speed Up music
Page Down  Slow Down music
Home  Reset music pitch

Decide which buttons you deem important, click on 'Bulk assignment wizard' and then simply input the keyboard key you want that button to act as. Stick1 is the left Analog Stick, Stick2 is the right one, POV is the D-Pad. The rest should be relatively self-explanatory.

And that should be everything. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:39:44 am by MetaKK »