I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First time through medium or hard?  (Read 8969 times)

Re: First time through medium or hard?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 04:20:17 pm »

Start on very hard. Took me only 141 deaths.

Jish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 03:06:38 am »

^ I find that very hard (pun not intented... seriously) to believe.

But anyway, I'd suggest starting on Hard. You'll feel more accomplished that way. That's what I did, and then my second playthrough was on VH. I didn't try Medium until later on, it's mostly for practice and speedrunning.

Iamthefangameandguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 10:23:48 pm »

Hard, medium is like playing on easy. If you're playing on easy, then what's the point, this game is for people who DON'T PLAY GAMES ON EASY.

I Vanna Be Da Gouy

• I WILL CRUSH YOUR TINY BONES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 06:50:19 pm »

Play Hard first, not alot of people are impressed when you beat The Guy with a bow in your hair. Beat hard mode and then you sir...are truly...THE GUY!
Starting a family is allot like a game of poker, you start with a pair and before you know it you've got a full house.

pi4arctan1guy

• View Profile
A Case for Hard
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 04:13:30 am »

The final fight
with The Guy is going to take up about a third of your play time no matter what you do.
The other bosses are also just as hard on medium as they are on hard.  The saves right before the bosses are there on both difficulty levels.  Therefore, I think hard is a better setting to start on.  The difference in difficulty isn't as much as one may expect at first.  Furthermore, the wuss save points seem to be added in as an afterthought.  They are sometimes in places that make a section harder because events are not triggered after the first death.  For example,
the section of Ghouls 'n Ghosts where the zombies first appear has a wuss box on the left of the screen, but the apples in the top section don't fall first if you save there and then die.  This makes the top platform a lot harder to do.
  In addition, it's much easier to make saves that occur as you die, presumably because of a lack of extensive testing for the wuss save points.  The saves on very hard are really far apart in some areas.  I would not recommend starting on very hard. 

Birdmaster1

• BIRDS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:21 am »

I recommend hard,

If your playing on hard, you wanna be the guy right?

If your playing on medium, then it's you wanna become a guy.
(sexism not intended  :-X)
Pages: 1 [2]