I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Ad Astra  (Read 9731 times)

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 08:32:23 pm »

The Sailor Senshi go chasing after the group of guards that chased after the White Knight. You follow discreetly.

Sailor Moon strikes a pose. "I am the beautiful sailor-suited fighter for love and justice, Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!"

Izuko thinks for a moment, then moves to withdraw. "I am the reasonably well dressed Izuko!  I work for cash! I'm outta here!" She flees before the Senshi can get their attacks off. The corridor fills with fog, beams of light, and flames.

Your boss is going to have one hell of a debriefing session over this. You hear Sailor Mercury comment before making your withdrawal.

"Well, they were only ordinary humans.  They're no match for the Sailor Senshi.  We must have stumbled into some kind of Yakuza plot."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 09:35:10 pm »

> Get to a secure location

"...I come home from the war for this? Is this how much things have changed back home?"

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2015, 07:02:30 am »

In your panic, the only secure location you think of is the manager's office. You return there.

Izuko is already being debriefed by the Manager.

"Hmm.  The White Knight... that means..."

"Yes, sir?"

"The Princess not only has been reborn... she is here.  In Tokyo.  The White Knight would never go far from her side.  This long search is over, and I shall have the credit.  Now it only remains to be seen which of the six is the Princess.  Once we find her, the day for which the Council has so long awaited shall come.  Tell me every petty detail you can remember, Izuko.  We must find them and determine which one of them is the Princess. Then, we can take her power for our own. "

END OF CHAPTER EXPOSITION:

Izuko and Hudson led the security for the New Years' Festival with only two incidents of note - one involving a drunkard who got a bit too close to the Manager's Office; and the other involving six girls, five of whom turned out to be the Sailor Senshi. While the Horary Drop did fail, nobody was punished or even reprimanded too hard. As it turned out, the discovery that The Princess has been reborn set the Council on its ear, and in the mess only Capricorn though to reprimand Ginza for leaving his station.

Now that the option to reclaim... something from the reborn princess is on the table, it was no longer necessary to manipulate small things to nudge events years in the future. But, that the Princess seems to be numbered among the Sailor Senshi has not escaped the notice of the Council. Though they would much rather not be enemies to such powerful protectors, especially in light of the repelled invasion of Pharaoh Ninety and the Daimohns, so long as they protect the Princess they stand in the ways of the council's goals.

As for Hudson and Izuko, both were granted a month's recovery.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2015, 07:45:36 pm »

I patiently wait until I become the animating force of another character.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »

I'm hoping that I don't have to override your choice again in the future; I needed to introduce the fact that you're technically enemies with the heroes and that this happens some time after they got done with beating back the Death Busters. Izuko fleeing the scene entirely kinda threw a wrench in that one, and canonically (in so far as there is canon for this) Hudson panics and faints when Jupiter threatens him. Once I figure a couple things out I'll have the next module ready to go. Will you be sticking with Izuko or switching to Hudson?

E: The next module is mostly fluff and isn't covered in the source material at all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:54:12 pm by Pokota »

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »

I'll flip a coin for that one, as I have no preference either way. Heads for Izuko, tails for Hudson.

It's heads, I'll be rolling with Izuko.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2015, 08:06:51 pm »

Let's make this an informed decision then. If you roll with Hudson, you'll be spying on a member of the council at the behest of another member of the council (giving you an inside look as to both who you're working for and why they're in opposition to the Sailors), while if you roll with Izuko you'll be setting up for later events (it's probably a dick move to offer this choice as it ends up being a Shoot the Shaggy Dog, but it's worldbuilding).

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2015, 08:14:46 pm »

I'll stick with Izuko in that case.

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »

Well, they do say that Ignorance is Bliss...

The Ascendant, Aries, calls you into his office, along with Hudson.

"It has been an interesting month under Pisces' guidance," He begins. "The Sailor Senshi have repelled two monster attacks that damaged - though did not destroy - Hikawa Shrine. From what our intelligence has gathered, it was the same monster twice, which in itself is unusual as the Senshi generally do not allow monsters to have such a second chance. 'Casts report that the Sailor Senshi were attempting to restore knowledge to The Princess, which would put us in a detrimental position. We're going to use the backup singer auditions for Idol Angel Mami to try and lure out either the Senshi or The Princess - hopefully separately from each other - to increase our odds of taking The Princess alive."

He sighs for a moment, then continues. "Normally the two of you would be assigned to this task, however as we anticipate the Senshi getting involved it would be unwise for them to see either of you two again as the 'casts predict a strong chance of recognition should you interact with them. In that light, I had Scorpio root around for tasks suited to your skills. Hudson, you will be working under Virgo for the duration of the month. Izuko, you will be reporting directly to Scorpio this month. Neither should have you anywhere near the front lines."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2015, 03:55:46 am »

"Understood, sir. When will I deploy?"

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2015, 07:37:27 am »

Out of the shadows steps a woman with deep purple hair. You'd seen that look before in cartoons, usually on characters of royal or noble heritage, but there's nothing Noble about how this woman composes herself.

"Izuko, I will brief you in brief on the way to my office. I'd rather not have Aries in particular listen in to the conversation, as he needs to focus primarily on his scheme and we would distract from that."

Aries - almost imperceptibly - is startled when Scorpio speaks; apparently he was not expecting her to just be there like that.

(If you've played Long Live The Queen, imagine an older Elodie with this color hair)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:25 am »

"Very well, I'm hoping to make sense of all of this, ever since...the incident."

> Start walking

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2015, 09:27:51 pm »

You walk and talk.

"We're actually going to grab a few of the Potentials once Leo's done giving the introductory speech; what I've got in mind needs a few full timers and you're going to be needed on missions while they're doing their thing, but you're gonna help us get in at Moon Hill Experiment House."

You catch a snatch of the introductory speech.

"...and took up a task. Vulcan was the maker, who forged Talismans of Power and the five great Icons of the Kingdoms.  Astra was wise with the power of the stars.  To her fell the task of patrolling the solar system and...

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2015, 11:11:15 am »

"Doesn't seem too challenging. Is there already a plan of action, or am I going to have to use a little ingenuity?"

Pokota

• The Guy
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

Scorpio thinks on this for a moment. "I'm going to entrust the execution of this to you. Surprise me, and I'll keep you in mind for future missions."

You catch another blather waffle fried up by Leo. "...was founded by Sagittarius once it became evident that the Zodiac by itself would not be able to handle a repeat of the incident. Consider yourselves proud to be part of such an ancient tradition..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10