I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Ad Astra  (Read 9240 times)

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Ad Astra
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:29:10 pm »

You have been selected.

The COUNCIL chose you specifically for this mission because of your history.

Do not disappoint.
----
It is cold, snowy. The FESTIVAL MANAGER, a member of (and currently head of) the COUNCIL, is glaring at you and your partner. He speaks with a slight drawl, muted by decades of speaking a foreign language.

"So, you two are the ones who will be in charge of security at this festival. Remember, it is of utmost importance that the MINISTER receive the horary from Ginza when the time is right." The FESTIVAL MANAGER turns his back on you. "It is, after all, our purpose in organizing this affair."

Neko Desu

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1901
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 10:45:57 pm »

"What's the horary from Ginza, and who's the Minister?"
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:52:47 pm »

The Festival Manager starts at your question.

"If you have not yet been briefed... the Minster of Education is going to be passing through the festival. Ginza has a horary that will... nudge him to do what we need him to do. If it doesn't happen, our job will be that much harder."

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:38:10 pm »

"What factors might interfere with this plan, if any besides unfortunate circumstance?"
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:30:11 pm »

The Manager thinks on it for a moment.

"None, really, as long as Ginza doesn't leave his station for any reason whatsoever. All the 'scoping we did indicated as much."

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:50 pm »

"Very well then. What will we be working with in terms of security measures?"
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:28:56 pm »

"Mostly the new recruits for the Star Guard. We don't anticipate anything attacking that would require outside help; it's been quiet since the last incursion was repelled. And crucial or not, this will still be a festival filled with school-age children about and it is a festival. If you do have to get involved, be discreet and keep collateral damage to a minimum."

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 01:24:54 pm »

"Understood. How much time do we have to get set up, then?"
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 10:40:57 pm »

"Everything should already be ready. Just keep your ears and eyes open for anything suspicious."

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »

"Then I suppose I shall be going. But before I do, I suppose I should ACQUAINT myself with my partner."

> Turn to the other person who is also in charge of security

"Hello, I don't believe I caught your name."
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:52:26 pm »

Choice time!

Will you be the level-headed newbie IZUKO, or the shell-shocked survivor HUDSON?

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:12:57 pm »

> Put in 1 credit and lock-in Izuko
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:23:42 pm »

Your partner turns his head and looks at you. He extends his hand, then withdraws it when you don't respond.

"I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me. Some things came up while I was on the strike team, and after that I was moved to covert operations. This is my first mission in a long time that wasn't a research role. My name's Hudson Cotswold, but everyone calls me Hudson at my insistence. Nice to finally meet you, babe. Your trainers were very complementary."

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 09:33:55 pm »

> Smile, and look out at the surrounding area

"Well, I guess I'm lucky to have someone with as much experience as you to work with! I'm just a greenhorn, after all. So, shall we get started?"
Logged

Pokota

  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1044
  • Om! Nom! Nom!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube!
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:32 pm »

"If you want. I'm gonna grab a few beers and patrol the parking lots. Radio me on channel 2 if you need me."

You do not see any parking lots on the festival grounds. In fact, most of what you see are booths that are almost done being set up. One booth in particular is devoid of its intended occupant.

You notice a pack of six girls and a very nerdy boy crowding around the Goldfish Catch booth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10