I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What fangame to play first  (Read 15405 times)

Re: What fangame to play first
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 12:24:03 pm »

SpaceH3RO, the original IWBTG is generally accepted to have aged horribly and most people dislike Boshy (the opinion on Boshy seems to be a bit more liberal on the other forum, but from what I can observe still mostly negative).

The best fangame ever, and no one can deny it:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
Agree. In my opinion Boshy is the best fangame I've played because it looks awesome and I'm quite sure it has a lot of work on it. And without Boshy many fangames probably wouldn't exist (all the fangames that feature Solgryn as a boss), as I'm quite sure Boshy impulsed the authors to make them. Maybe I feature Solgryn in my fangame as well! :)
Two terrible reasons for liking a video game. Treating Boshy like the de facto king of fangames because it looks good is like saying the Concorde is the best aircraft ever because it's got a really cool pointy nose. Also that's completely false: those fangames would likely still exist, just without Solgryn as a boss in them.

I'm still of the opinion that all fangames are bad and IWBTG was the only decent thing. Though I haven't touched this genre in forever so take my opinion of it now with a grain of salt.

Though my point wasn't that old games are bad, it's just newer stuff eventually catches up.

While your latter point is completely true and I feel the nostalgic clinging on to the quite frankly terrible games of our childhood is annoying, I'm really not sure how you can still say the former with a straight face.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 03:42:24 pm »

The best fangame ever, and no one can deny it:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
Agree. In my opinion Boshy is the best fangame I've played because it looks awesome and I'm quite sure it has a lot of work on it. And without Boshy many fangames probably wouldn't exist (all the fangames that feature Solgryn as a boss), as I'm quite sure Boshy impulsed the authors to make them. Maybe I feature Solgryn in my fangame as well! :)
Two terrible reasons for liking a video game. Treating Boshy like the de facto king of fangames because it looks good is like saying the Concorde is the best aircraft ever because it's got a really cool pointy nose. Also that's completely false: those fangames would likely still exist, just without Solgryn as a boss in them.
That wasn't what I meant. The fact that it looks awesome just makes it look like it has a lot of work on it and makes me like it more. Of course its not the reason to like it! I already said I was a Nintendo fan and we all now Nintendo does not have the best graphics.
And the fact that the authors of the other fangames feature Solgryn means they played and liked Boshy, and problably its the game that impused them to make their own fangame. In my case IWBTB and IWKTG are the games that impulsed me to make my own fangame.
Boshy is my favorite fangame, maybe it's not the best, but I still think its a very cool game. When I see a fangame that is better than Boshy (IN MY OPINION), I'll tell you.
*Shitty signature*
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 04:42:52 pm »

And the fact that the authors of the other fangames feature Solgryn means they played and liked Boshy, and problably its the game that impused them to make their own fangame.
That's just pure conjecture though.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 04:43:35 pm »

I'm really not sure how you can still say the former with a straight face.
I haven't touched these games since like 2011 the only recent one I've seen is NANG which didn't look good at all(Keyword is look, I haven't played it so once again take my opinion with a grain of salt). Calling IWBTG decent may be giving it too much credit as the only thing I still enjoy about it was how silly the whole thing was; if you ignore that then the game is horrible.

I disagree. When you buy a game with no DLC and a game with DLC they usually have the same price. The last games I bought were Smash Bros 4 and Yoshy's Wooly World, SSB4 having DLC and YWW not having, and YWW was cost like 3/4 the price of SSB4, plus originally SSB4 wasn't going to have DLC.
But I disagree the most with the underlined. The last thing most big companies today want is to save your money, it's just the opposite. They keep making the same games including one or two things or adding DLC saying it's "Extra Content". Why? IDK. In my opinion DLC is a scam.
I'm not saying it's always like this, this is just my experience with DLC games.
The problem with your idea is that you think all games cost the same which is incorrect. Devs try and make their games cost $60 is order to not have to deal with prices and then they use DLC in order to make up for the cost they lost by lowering the price for the game. Also Game Developers barely profit off of games, the idea they are scamming you out of money is very ignorant.

In regards to smash, the development team still needs to be paid for making the DLC. If they were trying to scam you they would sell you SSB4 remasted edition with the dlc stuff included all for the price of a game one year after release of the game without any DLC for the original version so people would have to spend $60 for slightly more content then when they bought the game upon release.

Also I love how you won't play modern games but will play an indie game simply because it looks like it has a lot of work put into it. Modern professional developers work in groups that function 24/7 in order to produce a hi quality video game that barely earns them enough to live off of and you like boshy cause it has work put into it.
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

Ok, yeah I get that now. Also NANG sucks imo haha.

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 02:14:33 pm »

Also I love how you won't play modern games but will play an indie game simply because it looks like it has a lot of work put into it. Modern professional developers work in groups that function 24/7 in order to produce a hi quality video game that barely earns them enough to live off of and you like boshy cause it has work put into it.[/b][/color]
Of course there are games with more effort put on them. I didn't say "BOSHY IS THE BEST GAYM EVAH GO PLAY IT OR ILL KILL U" (Exageration ;P).
I only said that Boshy is the best fangame I've played. If you think I'm wrong (that is what I think you think), please insert better fangame in your post.
Boshy is my favorite fangame, maybe it's not the best, but I still think its a very cool game. When I see a fangame that is better than Boshy (IN MY OPINION), I'll tell you.

And please don't take me too seriously, I'm not being that serious...
Quote from: SpaceH3R0
"BOSHY IS THE BEST GAYM EVAH GO PLAY IT OR ILL KILL U" (Exageration ;P).

And now, I'll go play Undertale (it's awesome).
*Shitty signature*
Pages: 1 2 [3]