I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: I Wanna REDACTED the REDACTED  (Read 2763 times)

Kyir

• View Profile
I Wanna REDACTED the REDACTED
« on: November 20, 2015, 02:55:22 am »

I kind of forgot this forum existed, so enjoy a somewhat belated new release by me:

The penultimate game of a truly thrilling fangame series! Be astounded by the sheer number of jump refreshers! Be entraced by the vague storyline! Most of all, do your best to enjoy your time playing.

This game is targeted at players of intermediate skill, contains secrets, and has multiple possible endings.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3t9zv3hk509m31w/I+Wanna+REDACTED+the+REDACTED.rar

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna REDACTED the REDACTED
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 10:48:08 am »

This is by far the best game you've made so far Kyir 8)

Garrettp375

• Spagargus was a dead meme. Its gone.
    • View Profile
    • My twitch!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:02:50 am »

Kyir is my freaking hero.

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 06:20:42 pm »

Hey, the screenshot seems actually reasonable. A bit too tough for my taste still, but oh well I can always use Hourglass.  ;D (despite my crap PC)
Anything else? Like a story or something? Not saying it needs one, just considering if there's anything that'd make me feel rewarded. It seems too simple so far.

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »

Yeah, there's a story that I'm pretty happy with. I'm happy that this game has been received positively so far, and I hope you all enjoy it further.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 07:31:24 pm »

Finished it a few days ago. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably my fave game of yours. Didn't enjoy the bulk of the story that much (never been a fan of portal/SCP-esque storylines) but I enjoyed the end of the story.

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 01:02:42 am »

I didn't personally feel particularly inspired by either of those sources, but I understand the comparisons that are drawn to them. Glad you liked it!

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 07:34:57 am »

Hmm, I tried playing the 3 Undertale songs in the game folder, I got an error saying the format was unsupported or it was corrupted. :/
I opened the game, the music started playing like 10 seconds before the window popped up. (even in my taskbar!) Not sure if intended.
Not sure what the "GUI Display/Delay" means, care to explain?
Also, when I start a new game, I can't move. To be more exact, sound effects work when I press the Jump and Shoot buttons, but no animation is present. Kid is on his toes, and the jump refreshers don't animate. (which I recall doing so in your previous games)

Also I recognize the place I start in. Wasn't it a secret room in one of your previous games?

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 01:25:28 pm »

I... honestly am not sure what to say. There are still a few bugs I haven't fixed, but no one's reported any of those to me before. The GUI Display refers to a feature I disabled that shows in-game UI with time/death counters, but I just enabled them in the title bar of the game as per fangame tradition. I'd try downloading the game again, since it sounds like something is... really wrong.

And yes, the first screen was part of the secret in Usurp the Celestial Jump.

Klaty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 03:20:44 pm »

Welp, same thing. The only differences are that the game opens noticeably faster, and the music is about on time with it. And for some reason, the game remembers my control inputs...

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »

This is made in Studio, correct? If so, the sound bug most likely came from the fact that Studio will sometimes open a second application to play music, which is entirely useless.

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 08:32:30 pm »

Welp, same thing. The only differences are that the game opens noticeably faster, and the music is about on time with it. And for some reason, the game remembers my control inputs...

The control file is stored in appdata. Unlike most 8.0 fangames, Studio ones have a few extra bits that they leave behind.

Garrettp375

• Spagargus was a dead meme. Its gone.
    • View Profile
    • My twitch!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 02:02:26 am »

I also realized the first room is in usurp jump

Kyir

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 10:25:04 pm »

All of my games are connected in an intricate and incredibly detailed storyline.