I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: fangame resolution  (Read 1921 times)

telemorph

• View Profile
fangame resolution
« on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:34 pm »

is it okay to use a 16:9 resolution for a fangame? i've seen some people complain about non 800x600 fangames and i don't know how many people would be okay with a resolution change.
Re: fangame resolution
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:51:02 pm »

Yeah go for it.

It's kinda a weird one. People complain about it now for two reasons: A). We used to complain about it when it was a bigger problem and therefore the tendency to object to it has continued & B). Going against the status quo is for some people in general, but seemingly moreso in this community, heinous.

It used to be a genuine issue because a surprising amount of people still had box-shaped monitors, but in 2015 I honestly think it's a case of it being on the person playing the game if they have a monitor which isn't widescreen and not the creator.

Personally, I don't see the point at all but I don't object to it and if it's what you want to do, do it. You'll most likely receive shit for it, but idk who cares. You shouldn't let an assumption about the way people might react inhibit your creative decisions; only your personal opinion should do that. People have complained to me about my games not working on their computer and being glitchy, only to proceed to say that no fangames work on their computer and their computer is a calculator with a keyboard attached etc. So you'll certainly get some variant of that where people blame their own issues on you, but again, who cares.