I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 491922 times)

da kid

• because manic's rules!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 16,000+ Downloads
« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2009, 02:15:36 pm »

So me and Tij got together and did some serious work on the game today. We're now rockin' a sweet new menu system and can handle multiple saves!

Like I wanna be the guy!

Cool!

I was gonna ask for a file save so you beat me to it i guess...

LOL why does everyone hate this LOL

hates these: :spikes:

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 18,000+ Downloads
« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:39 pm »

18,488 downloads at last count. Yes it's true, this shit is getting worked on woohoo. Screw my social life lol

I had insomnia before it was cool

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2009, 08:57:46 pm »

Right, so I started the game a few days ago. Here are my thoughts, from a sucky player who is The Guy:

I quit on the side scrolling part with sticky keys (My reflexes can't handle it, too much. I was about to quit on that godawful 1st room of the castle.). I love it. I'll be playing the final version. I'll give my opinions on each part.

I liked the place where you must platform to get to a new game. This further discourages me from playing anything above medium, lol.

The start of the game is nice. The tree stump thing made me lol.

The Trails thing is a big "fuck you", IMO. I tried it like an hour ago, I quit. The moving platforms look easy, but in reality they are awful. I can't get all of them, I had 9 to go and was killed by sand.

The plants shooting fire that homes in on you is frustrating for a bit. The chest shooting coins was easy. The fire destroying platforms part made me think I just had to run fast until I accidentally pressed the left key at the start of the room. Cacodemon pissed me off.

I hate the area after Cacodemon. All of it: Both upper and lower paths.

The wrecking ball made me go "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!", I didn't expect it. The area after that was amusing, I like how the plane comes out followed by a bombing. The portal area was genius, though I wish you would have added a save point after the turrets or whatever they're called. Block jumping was fun, Underwater wasn't that fun. Bub looked freaking impossible after everything was shooting at you, but I beat him. The rest of the underwater area was fine. I didn't care for the area where there are two kids, and the room where the 4 plants are shooting at you really ticked me off. The Pac-Man area was fun, the pokemon area was win, the battle was EPIC win, but,then came the lower half of the underground area. I didn't like that.  The part with the X's I hate so much i wished for it to be removed are improved.  Also, have you taken out the "No Bow" areas? That ticked me off on the race segment that i couldn't go through. Anyway, the 1st room of the palace was hard, and II quit on the scrolling room.
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2009, 10:20:44 pm »

I think I'll go ahead and give this a shot.

da kid

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:11 am »

question: this game rox but i have to ask,how did you expect people to find the trial's?

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 08, 2009, 12:13:01 pm »

question: this game rox but i have to ask,how did you expect people to find the trial's?

Well, They're so hidden for a reason. As the above poster said, they ARE just like a big "Hey hey, FUCK YOU" to the player. Obscenley difficult and unfair, even by IWBTG's standards, so we really didn;t want normal players (See: people that start on medium) runnig into them and thinking they were a compulsory part of the game, so we hid them behind a bunch of stuff that we knew the more hardcore players that want to "100%" the game will find. The idea was that for the really hardcore players going through on their second time, they'd run into the trials naturally, and so far it seems to be working.

Basically, we dont want most people to see them. We put a lot of effort into them because of 2 reasons:

1: We wanted to reward the dedicated people that will actually see them. We are endlessley frustrated by games that offer only "Here, Grind this more" as the reward for more adventurous players, so we wanted to offer something really cool and challenging to the elite that play our game.

2: We want to encourage people to be like the above style, really seeing how much you can squeeze out of the game.

It's all about maximising mileage.

Re:  Zero_Destroyer:
A few of those issues are fixed. As for where you quit, we were going to change it, but an overwhelming number of people said it was their favourite screne in the entire game, so we just left it as it.

Thanks for reminding me by the way, I need to bug tij a bit more to fix some things in the X's area (We changed that a lot).

da kid

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 08, 2009, 12:32:02 pm »

So the trials where not meant to be found yet but only on the full version..? COOOOL!

oh yeah and by the way have an idea instead of pressing
enter
to enter the trials, you need to grab the cake from GaLdOs
secret boss item
or somthing i still lov this game 10/10 some freinds of mine are looking forward to the next update soon!

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 08, 2009, 02:07:08 pm »

It took me forever to figure out the wrecking ball sequence.

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 08, 2009, 02:29:00 pm »

I heard just recently the "No Bow" thing was fixed. Also, glad to know you fixed the X's area, I honestly thought it could've been extended, maybe into something like the minecart ride (Just with platforms.). I'll be doing the trails (So long as there isn't 100 of them, lol.), I'll certainly be getting the secret items.  I can't wait for the release of the game. Oh, and I'll be able to manage scrolling room. It'll just be something that I'll have to get used to.
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 09, 2009, 01:15:23 am »

So the trials where not meant to be found yet but only on the full version..? COOOOL!

oh yeah and by the way have an idea instead of pressing
enter
to enter the trials, you need to grab the cake from GaLdOs
secret boss item
or somthing i still lov this game 10/10 some freinds of mine are looking forward to the next update soon!

That's... Scary-close to what we've actually ended up doing...

Nice!

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #550 on: July 09, 2009, 05:27:00 am »

That's... Scary-close to what we've actually ended up doing..

huh?

I had insomnia before it was cool

da kid

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:38 am »

well i 4rt you had to grab the cake first as i found the "Alex the Kid" screen by mistake.... LOL

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:12 pm »

I fucked up my save.  :'(

da kid

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 09, 2009, 03:53:10 pm »

how? endless desert?

sgt.D

• Yo dawg !
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 10, 2009, 01:38:07 pm »

Fuck !
After the pokemon part when u fall on the cloud, i went on the right in the "iwbtg first screen" part.
Is there anyway to go on the left ( because i saw that you have to go on the left ) or i have to do all this path again ? =(

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106