I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 491926 times)

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 18,000+ Downloads
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2009, 08:39:12 pm »

Actually, no I have not beaten this on impossible, but probably just because I never really bothered trying. My best, if you're interested, is beating the entire left path and then dying in the Destruction area in the right path.

Matt 'nuff spoilers kthx.

I had insomnia before it was cool

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:08 pm »

I'd like to report a glitch, in case no one noticed my last post. I originally thought this had to do with a secret item, but i was wrong. It seems that now whenever I continue, it throws me into the wrecking ball room, all the spikes rise up, and the kid falls onto them. No method of escape. Even after I reload it does this, but if I start a new game, I'm safe. Fix this, please.
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2009, 09:48:58 pm »

I'd like to report a glitch, in case no one noticed my last post. I originally thought this had to do with a secret item, but i was wrong. It seems that now whenever I continue, it throws me into the wrecking ball room, all the spikes rise up, and the kid falls onto them. No method of escape. Even after I reload it does this, but if I start a new game, I'm safe. Fix this, please.

Let me explain how this works.. that room is the first one I ever made so it has the "0th" room index, and because I'm a lazy coder when I Started this project, all non-declared variables are automagically set to 0 if I try to implement them. So.. if you're touching a roomChanger object that hasn't been told what it's roomTo number is, it'll automatically throw you back to that room. Specifically, where are you being taken from?

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2009, 10:15:02 pm »

The Trials, it didn't do that glitch up until I entered there.
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:56 pm »

The Trials, it didn't do that glitch up until I entered there.

Trials area isn't complete yet. It ends at the 3rd one. Hence why there's demo walls blocking it off.. but of course being a quick thing I did before releasing people managed to find a way around it.

da kid

• because manic's rules!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2009, 04:25:53 pm »

eh cocks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:05:31 am by dsk »

LOL why does everyone hate this LOL

hates these: :spikes:

Tazers

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2009, 04:36:48 pm »

That's what save surgery is for  :fruit:

fatshark, if you can hear me, thanks again for the avatar

da gal

• i love you Da Kid!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2009, 04:49:53 pm »

That's what save surgery is for  :fruit:

i wish
Da Kid rules

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2009, 11:01:12 am »

Well, we did a bunch of work on a new secret area today, which is coming along really nicely. I cant tell you more than that or tij'll get angry at me for more spoilers. But yeah, there's another new secret area, and it's awesome.

Huzzah!

Magic Pen

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »

This is quite a great game, but I don't really like the sound of a fangame.

I don't like many IWBTG fangames because they just weren't as well thought up as the normal game, if you added more known games with matching music the game would flow quite a bit better. I really would not recommend any games that aren't very popular because the people playing the game won't know what it is. With the regular IWBTG, most of the areas were easily recognized by people who know some of their Nintendo games, classics like Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda, Megaman, etc. were included because they are well known series to gamers. The point is, if people can't recognize some of the areas/bosses (besides your original ones) you shouldn't use them, because it will be a lot less like IWBTG.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 18, 2009, 11:13:16 pm »

This is quite a great game, but I don't really like the sound of a fangame.

I don't like many IWBTG fangames because they just weren't as well thought up as the normal game, if you added more known games with matching music the game would flow quite a bit better. I really would not recommend any games that aren't very popular because the people playing the game won't know what it is. With the regular IWBTG, most of the areas were easily recognized by people who know some of their Nintendo games, classics like Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda, Megaman, etc. were included because they are well known series to gamers. The point is, if people can't recognize some of the areas/bosses (besides your original ones) you shouldn't use them, because it will be a lot less like IWBTG.

Interesting that you point this out. This was a concern of mine from a long way back... mostly because I'd never heared of wonder boy 3, and IWBTFG for the first few screens is pretty much I Wanna Be The WonderBoy3, but after I played the game, I realized how clever it all was. We've tried to make more things later on be based around a lot of popular games that people will recognize.

Just off the top of my head:

Mario
Pokemon
Pac-Man
Doom
Bubble Bobble
Portal

These are all games that most people would recognize, and that's not even nearly half of the references we've put in the game. Hopefully once you start playing though the full thing, you'll see more of games you recognize. The first screens are earlier ones that we made, mostly for ourselves (See: before we ever thought we'd cap 500 downloads, let alone 20,000), so they were more obscure gaming references of games that Tij or I really liked.

So yeah, that's already addressed.

And since I'm here, we're going to be doing some work on the fangame pretty much now. Hop on the IWBTG IRC channel in a bit if you want to talk to us while we make your future gaming lives horribly difficult!

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #581 on: July 18, 2009, 11:58:24 pm »

Apparently not, iwbtf irc asplode.

Go to robosquid irc instead:
radon.slashnet.org
#robosquidirc

Da Kid V 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 19, 2009, 10:37:11 am »

please note who ever hacked my profile will be caught....

>:(
i have returned with revenge...

Borito

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 19, 2009, 12:37:43 pm »

Hi guys...

I have a big problem. My savegame is broken. I had saved the game at a wrong position. So i can't play with the save. If i start the game (or press R) i'm dead.

does anyone of you have a savegame at my room a medium dificult? Here is a Screenshot of the room were i am

I hope you can help me..

greets....borito....

SilentLoner

« Reply #584 on: July 19, 2009, 01:17:39 pm »

If you open the save file with notepad, you can change your x-coordinates and hopefully move yourself to a safe spot. I'd suggest making a copy of the save first though, just in case. If you're having trouble with that, just post your save here by clicking on Additional Options... while making a post and I'll fix it for you instead.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106