I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 491743 times)

Tazers

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL
« Reply #1095 on: March 12, 2010, 07:19:01 pm »

Today I sped through the desert, got the green key, probably missed like two secret items, went down IWBTGland and (what game is the purple game with the dollar signs?) Zone, accidently got the destruction missile, saved in The Apeture Science Enrichment Center. Making a hell of a lot more process then my first run (did I just get awesome or was the top part of the ruinsy area toned down?)

p.s I hate that new pounder thing so much

p.p.s I don't think there's any way I can do the time attack because I suck at doing games fast. I can settle for 90%
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:23:51 pm by Tazers »

fatshark, if you can hear me, thanks again for the avatar

Klagmar

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 12, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

Crap I stumbled into the Trials area and now am obligated to complete it beofre everything else.

shaman666

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 12, 2010, 09:54:57 pm »

I keep dying on glados when the white thing blows the screen, even if any of the white things touch the player

How to improve browsing the forums.

Wolfpac GamingStudio

Check out our game: I Wanna be the Tribute!

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 12, 2010, 09:59:45 pm »

Has GladOS been changed at all since the beta?

shaman666

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 12, 2010, 10:56:53 pm »

Has GladOS been changed at all since the beta?
the fight sure changed, but the graphics didn't

I was really hoping for better graphics for the portals and glados =(

Wolfpac GamingStudio

Herasy

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 13, 2010, 12:56:25 am »

Okay, I have no idea where the rest of the secrets are. I have the Green Potion, Blue Potion, Missile, Cake, Trials Trophy and the Rupee.
The game is kinda disheartening me to actually go out and find them since every time I go to check a place and find nothing I have to go all the way through the path and beat the boss all over again just to get back to the beginning. How many other secrets are there?

Also some confirmation, Pacman blocking the way to that other secret (from the beta) was intentional right?

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #1101 on: March 13, 2010, 01:08:08 am »

Okay, I have no idea where the rest of the secrets are. I have the Green Potion, Blue Potion, Missile, Cake, Trials Trophy and the Rupee.
The game is kinda disheartening me to actually go out and find them since every time I go to check a place and find nothing I have to go all the way through the path and beat the boss all over again just to get back to the beginning. How many other secrets are there?

Also some confirmation, Pacman blocking the way to that other secret (from the beta) was intentional right?

Yes. This and the area that used to be the right of the wrecking worth both easier to find than going the way I intended for you to go, so they were both either moved or removed. There are TEN secret items in total, plus one room which displays all the items you currently have. (Although you can just look in your folder called "achievements")
One of the secret items is acquired by completing the game in time trial mode. The other three are probably the three that are both the hardest to locate and hardest to complete. Since some people have already found them, I don't so much giving out hints: There's one on the left path, one on the right path, and one on the path between reaper and SK bosses.
There's only one item in the tower/pokemon path (blue potion) because it's not only the shortest path, but also anything I tried to hide there was way too obvious to find. A solution to this of course would be to have added another area - but I wanted to get this game released.

I had insomnia before it was cool

Herasy

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 13, 2010, 01:23:59 am »

Yes. This and the area that used to be the right of the wrecking worth both easier to find than going the way I intended for you to go, so they were both either moved or removed. There are TEN secret items in total, plus one room which displays all the items you currently have. (Although you can just look in your folder called "achievements")
One of the secret items is acquired by completing the game in time trial mode. The other three are probably the three that are both the hardest to locate and hardest to complete. Since some people have already found them, I don't so much giving out hints: There's one on the left path, one on the right path, and one on the path between reaper and SK bosses.
There's only one item in the tower/pokemon path (blue potion) because it's not only the shortest path, but also anything I tried to hide there was way too obvious to find. A solution to this of course would be to have added another area - but I wanted to get this game released.

Ah, thanks for the hints. I just discovered a way into that unreachable area past the falling wrecking ball, it involves a glitch you can use at the save point in the room that looks like the first screen to IWBTG. Jumping up to the next screen sometimes puts you at the bottom of the screen you jumped from, if you do this just right you can get ahead of the bouncing wrecking ball. Although I assume this was partly intentional because of what was in the unreachable room.

Guess I will try to find these other secrets (I already know where the achievements room is, but I fear the item that can be found past the Reaper).

vor

« Reply #1103 on: March 13, 2010, 02:33:52 am »

Woot! finally beat it! i started with hard and have all but 1 of the secret items (excluding feathers and time attack). I also fear the one after the reaper...

Edit: 2 left apparently, now just 1...  still missing secret item 5 (from left in Room of Achievement) and no clue where to look lol
oh well, ill find it eventually

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:09:35 am by vor »

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #1104 on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:47 am »

Ah, thanks for the hints. I just discovered a way into that unreachable area past the falling wrecking ball, it involves a glitch you can use at the save point in the room that looks like the first screen to IWBTG. Jumping up to the next screen sometimes puts you at the bottom of the screen you jumped from, if you do this just right you can get ahead of the bouncing wrecking ball. Although I assume this was partly intentional because of what was in the unreachable room.

Guess I will try to find these other secrets (I already know where the achievements room is, but I fear the item that can be found past the Reaper).

Already found. Check a few posts up.

shaman666

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 13, 2010, 12:35:58 pm »

a few bugs on glados:

- if you kill her while the white lines are on screen, you will die after she's dead and there's no way to escape because the portals on the walls are gone
- sometimes the missiles do an 360º instant turn and gib your face randomly
- sometimes on the white laser line attack, you have to go in the other portal, but the elevators on that side are all too far from the portal and you fall to your spiky death

Wolfpac GamingStudio

Elmo3000

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 13, 2010, 10:37:09 pm »

I know for a fact that I won't get all the items (I still haven't even found the 'Achievement Room' thing...) so I might as well tell people who have a shot at it, that if you take the top exit at the end of the bats sequence, you do indeed come across a secret item... but first... one more rather challenging obstacle... with awesome music.

After this I'll try the time trial...

EDIT: Well, I found the Item Room... but since I've been playing the game from the Winzip file it was in without extracting it, I don't think it counted any of my items. In the item room, I had nothing except for the 3 keys. So, on a lighter note, I have to collect EVERYTHING again!  ;D

On the bright side, I only had about 8 things anyway...

SECOND EDIT: Strange glitch, none of my items are showing up in the treasure room. I even went and collected them all again with the game extracted... Is this meant to happen?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:46:42 am by Elmo3000 »

Jeed-Unit

• パーティーはいつですか
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
« Reply #1107 on: March 14, 2010, 03:11:20 am »

how did you get the feathers?
They also are secret items, just a lot harder to find than the rest, well except the 5th item, which is insanely hard to find unless you play a certain game which still didn't help much :o neway, don't wanna spoil anything so just don't give up :P

Edit: After a decent start

and a pretty epic ending, here's my second time attack atempt.

hmm that means 33'20"02

I'll try to record an actual run in a week or so, if anyone's interested
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:08:46 pm by Jeed-Unit »
Stop stalking me, I'm not hiding anything!

O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| | http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 14, 2010, 05:02:16 pm »

Tijit, you are a glorious bastard.

My review on the first three trials:

TRIAL 1: Please, for the love of GOD, add a save where you first enter. I find it annoying to go from the 2nd room to the 1st room to the 2nd room to the 3rd room. It get's aggravating. Now, if you intended that, nvm. Otherwise, this appears to be the hardest trial from what I've played. You have to have the PERFECT run to get the massively complicated jumps and patterns done without dying.

TRIAL 2: Make it harder. Even after adding falling platforms and increasing the complexity of the spinning blocks, it remains luck based, and the problem there lies in the fact that it takes a TINY amount of luck to be able to bypass the trial. Maybe actually create a pattern?

TRIAL 3: Still haven't completed, but based off what I've played, it's perfect. The plants firing at you makes the difficulty perfect for the 3rd trial, though the 1st still overshadows it in difficulty, IMO.

The other two I fear and hope to see.

IMPORTANT EDIT, PLEASE READ TIJIT:

I believe that the rocket item in the room with all the food (you get to it by going the way you went in beta 3 to get to portal) is messed up. There are two entrances, and I can tell you intended for us to use the second, more hidden one. However, using the first entrance is very possible. From that first entrance, You can jump over the wall mine, go down, get the spike to come up, avoid it, jump down onto a moving platform, then jump up to grab your secret item. I initially thought this was the intended way until seeing jtvmichael2010's playthrough and realizing "Oh shit! I was doing it wrong!". Excuse me if both paths were intended, it just seems like the first way was unintended to actually be able to work.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:38:41 pm by Zero_Destroyer »
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

Klagmar

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 14, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »

MY review on Trials 1-5:

1. Took me quite a while, but I wouldn't say it was hard, just annoying that I had to keep wasting time by going backwards.
2. Second hardest. For whatever reason, this took me forever. I can still see those tiles!
3. Looked very hard, but I actually did it pretty fast.
4. I didn't get this one. Was it a joke or what?
5. The absolute hardest thing on any IWTBTG game I've ever played (in a bad way). Seriously, I've tried this for like four hours now, and I always die. I can only get by the falling and dodging spikes part once in every twenty tries or so, and then I always screw up or get killed by some unknown obstacle. I've tried this so much and no longer have any desire to attempt it again, so I'm basically trapped in the Trials rooms. I would love it if there were some way to just skip this one section...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106