I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 491113 times)

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL
« Reply #1110 on: March 14, 2010, 06:45:29 pm »

My opinion on Trials 4-5:

TRIAL 4: Lol'd at lagspike, but I was scared to death I'd die. Thankfully i didn't. The third trial is WAY worse than I initially thought.

TRIAL 5: Nigh impossible. In fact, I'm fully convinced you must be an outright master at platforming to be able to beat this. MAKE THIS EASIER. It jumps from ridiculous difficulty in Trial 3 to a joke in Trial 4 to a borderline impossible task. Make this a more realistic challenge, I doubt many could even figure out what to do at the beginning.
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

Jeed-Unit

• パーティーはいつですか
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
« Reply #1111 on: March 14, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »

secrets are optional ;) although it's sure he could make it harder to find, because it's way too obvious, for its difficulty at least.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:53:49 pm by Jeed-Unit »
Stop stalking me, I'm not hiding anything!

O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| | http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 14, 2010, 06:53:53 pm »

But they should still be possible to get without cheating.

Zero_Destroyer

• I'm the level 70 mage. Osmund Saddler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 14, 2010, 06:55:20 pm »

Yeah, but you sorta can't exit the area unless you beat the 5th trial. Thus, my complaining had begun...
Leon Kennedy + Shotgun + Your Face = Ow.
I destroy the number Zero. Yes, I'm badass.

Jeed-Unit

• パーティーはいつですか
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
« Reply #1114 on: March 14, 2010, 06:57:37 pm »

I think it would be harder to find a way to cheat and myeah, that's why I say it should be harder to find. Beside, I think the green potion is more like a filler item, because you can't get the green potion without finishing the trials anyway, except if you restart your game..
Stop stalking me, I'm not hiding anything!

O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| | http://www.youtube.com/user/liljeed
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\

Klagmar

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »

Yeah, but you sorta can't exit the area unless you beat the 5th trial. Thus, my complaining had begun...

I hear you man, I'm in the same boat as you. 9_9

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1116 on: March 14, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »

I don't see why everyone hates the trials so much.
First: I do hate having to go back and forth, but it's pretty fun.
Second: This one is pretty easy, too.  Just jump on the non-falling spikes, so you can save the falling ones for when you have to use them.
Third: This is the perfect difficulty.  It's really fun and the plants made it even better.
Fourth: I lol'd so hard.  This screen took me four tries, but it's pretty easy.
Fifth: It really isn't THAT bad.  It's fun and easy to figure out.  I just don't really like the spikes that fly up at the end.

Right now, I'm stuck on the reunion section.
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

vor

« Reply #1117 on: March 14, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »

i hate the trials, but i dont think they are too hard... except for trial three, which im just waaay too impatient to do right

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #1118 on: March 15, 2010, 06:08:08 am »

IMPORTANT EDIT, PLEASE READ TIJIT:

I believe that the rocket item in the room with all the food (you get to it by going the way you went in beta 3 to get to portal) is messed up. There are two entrances, and I can tell you intended for us to use the second, more hidden one. However, using the first entrance is very possible. From that first entrance, You can jump over the wall mine, go down, get the spike to come up, avoid it, jump down onto a moving platform, then jump up to grab your secret item. I initially thought this was the intended way until seeing jtvmichael2010's playthrough and realizing "Oh shit! I was doing it wrong!". Excuse me if both paths were intended, it just seems like the first way was unintended to actually be able to work.

I did the same thing. :D I never found that other flying spike.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:36 am »

Ok, wow, a whole lot of rage on trial 5.
That's ok, I understand your pain! Tij made that one solo and gave me the final trial as a whole to test, and you probably noticed that I didn't get him to change a damn thing. The initial plan for trials was for it to be THE elite challenge within the game. Trial 5 is supposed to be the hardest section in the game, and if anything the other are all much too easy.

The reason they aren't harder is to encourage people to actually finish the trials. I think T5 is one of the coolest screens in the game, and certinally one of the most satisfying to finish.

The problem, of course, is people who accidentally run into the trials and cant get out after being brickwalled at T5.
The initial argument against us having a teleport out of there is to encourage people to actually do it. It's hard, yeah, but it's also quite possible (I managed it within about 4 hours and I'm not all that amazing at platforming, though I was on a bit of a roll at the end). I suppose the reason we didn't end up putting one there was that it was so close to the intended first path that we figured that if it happened, people could just start again and only loose ~4 screens of progress.

So.. that's sort of why it's the way it is. I know it's frustrating, but if you can beat trials, you ARE one of the elite. Not being able to beat trial 5 is no shortcoming; It's probably one of the hardest platforming instances in semi-popular games ever created.

So, to anyone that did beat it; NICE!

Edit: Zero_Destroyer: We intended for your comment on that item, indeed, to be impossible, but lets be honest, if you can manage it you DESERVE to win the item. Congrats, you discovered a new solution!

Just an FYI: We love watching Lets Plays (I've wasted a lot of my life watching them so far). From a design perspective, they are incredible to watch. Seeing people solve puzzles in new ways that we hadn't considered is so great, and watching you mess up 'simple' stuff is hilarious. Go team!

Also, Me and Tij, along with 2 others made an entry for the Adelaide GDC Game Jam #2 in a week that we're pretty happy with. It's not a hard came, and it's not that great or long (We made it in a week after all), but if you'd like to take a look at it, let me know.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:52:31 am by Matt »

spikey

• Im Waiiiitttinnngggg........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:36 am »

The secret with all the inivisible blocks is either one fuckload of a riddle or just basicly impossible!
its the secret with the 1 2 3 4 written on the screen

Me and sicrow7 spent at most 3-4 hours on ustream trying to figure this out.
any tips or hints plz? tijit? matt? anyone?

flairina

• Fear the light, it destroys all...
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #1121 on: March 15, 2010, 03:06:12 pm »

I love the area with the bats, but please tell me before I continue- is there a secret area at the end? I've tried four or five times and the last bat always bumps me into a spike.

spikey

• Im Waiiiitttinnngggg........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 15, 2010, 05:06:45 pm »

I love the area with the bats, but please tell me before I continue- is there a secret area at the end? I've tried four or five times and the last bat always bumps me into a spike.

yes there is a secret boss

vor

« Reply #1123 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

Hmm, anyone know if the special bosses give a time bonus in time attack or just the main ones?

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #1124 on: March 15, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »

Hmm, anyone know if the special bosses give a time bonus in time attack or just the main ones?

Nope, only the main ones. In fact, going into secret areas at all in time attack mode is generally a bad idea.

I had insomnia before it was cool
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106