I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 508821 times)

DeLi

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the fangame! [beta, the third]
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2008, 02:25:39 pm »

hmm, the song during the glados fight is awesome, also is there a way to skip the dialogue at glados fight?

Samson007

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2008, 03:16:31 pm »

you ride the "Psyche!" block over to the right.

Thanks. But seriously man, not a fan of just dying if you walk off a screen the wrong way. If you don't want us to go somewhere, make it a wall. Though in this case, I suppose that would take a lot away from the misdirection of the screen.

Edit: Got past it. Grim Reaper wasn't that hard for me. I beat him on my 3rd try. Currently at Sticky Keys.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:33:16 pm by Samson007 »

peanutdude

• Yeah i am a stickman:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »

zomg how i kill bub?
this sig cannot be veiwed because it sucks and blows. thankyou
-asshole who hates everything

peanutdude

• Yeah i am a stickman:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2008, 05:07:54 pm »

oh-_-
this sig cannot be veiwed because it sucks and blows. thankyou
-asshole who hates everything

DeLi

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2008, 06:08:07 pm »

omg i beat GlaDOS but forgot to record >.< time to record it now lol

edit:
also is there a way to skip the dialogue at glados fight?
nvm i figured it out =p

edit2: yes i officially got all the secret items and beat the first ending in beta v3
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:37:37 pm by DeLi »

Samson007

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2008, 07:55:02 pm »

Sticky Keys was pretty easy once you knew what he did at each stage. Great stuff so far though. Ill be going to meet glados tonight. See if I can find her and some of the secret stuff.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2008, 01:49:26 am »

@Samson: You were not supposed to be able to dodge those cherries when you're moving to the right.. I don't how the hell you managed to get past every single one :0

edit: omg how do u beat the scrolling screen boss? the one left of pacman
I'm posting a vid of all the secret items when I get home.
Also, I've only created 3 trials so far, so that's as far as you can go :P

@Levirules: Okay yeah I'll upload the soundtrack as well when I get home. Pretty much all of my music and sound effects I rip using Audacity. Usually from the original games, but sometimes from music tracks posted up on youtube (for example the ape escape soundtrack) or just download it (cave story soundtrack)

So, now that I've made all the walkthroughs, and I only have one examination left, I can start making some new trials and finish off the alternate ending.

Voice Actors! I need the voice of Alex Kidd soon, and I'll start writing dialogue for the next section soon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:51:36 am by tijitdamijit »

I had insomnia before it was cool

Sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2008, 01:52:39 am »

@Samson: You were not supposed to be able to dodge those cherries when you're moving to the right.. I don't how the hell you managed to get past every single one :0

I almost did. Before I found that you could ride the psyche bar, I cleared four out of five. Somehow.

Anyway, I finished all the new content, collected all the items, and completed three of the trials. It's all good, but why does the end of trial 3 kill me? Not done yet?

The StickyKeys boss made me laugh. Hard and a lot. :P It wasn't too hard once you know what you were doing, but it came up after it split into 4 and killed me and I screamed and then laughed. You're a clever boss designer. :)
It's okay, we've all been literally retarded at some point in our lives.

Samson007

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:29 am »

I believe I finished all the new stuff. Got all the new items, the 2 potions, cake and cash. The glados fight was tricky, but not bad once you figure out how to deal with the heat seeking things.

The stuff left of the pacman screen was intense. Whats this about 3 trials? Did I miss something?

BTW: Yeah.......jumping through those cherries is hard. I was starting to curse your name for making me do that. Got through all 5 jumps twice. Once to see what happened when I left the screen, and again to make sure it wasn't some crazy glitch.

Sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2008, 04:34:31 am »

Samson:
 In the first room on the left path in the desert area, launch the spike in the lower left corner. Go down where the spike was and you'll see Alex standing there, blocked by a DEMO wall. You can skip it by jumping up onto the ground, but careful not to leave the middle right side of the screen or you'll be lost forever.

Press ENTER to make Alex start eating cake (debug hotkey). When he's eating, press Shift to make him jump, but he only will if you're touching the ground, so make a bunch of tiny jumps. Once he's high up, stop jumping. He'll break open a hole in the floor leading to a pit of trials. Also, don't forget the potion behind him.
It's okay, we've all been literally retarded at some point in our lives.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2008, 06:51:10 am »

Here's the soundtrack:
http://www.mediafire.com/?idwvhniunwj
^There's all the music, some edited, some unedited, with a bunch of sound effects from the game as well, including jump, djump, shoot, death, death+gameover(in mp3), cherryfall etc
Large file size coz they're all mp3, the only midi is the credits music, the fairy fountain song :P

And here's the secrets video:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPjcjcLsAI

@Sarah: I have only created 3 trials so far. There's no DEMO blocks there because I put them in earlier, and at the time didn't realise that could simply be jumped over :P

How the hell are we supposed to pronounce your name?

Call me tijit for short. The whole nickname is tijit da mijit, as in like tijit the midget, 'cept spelt differently.
I'm not really that much of a short ass as I was in year 8 when that nickname was given to me, but it stuck as an internet alias.

Well.. I guess I need to fix up that falling cherries room. I want to keep it how it is now, only so it's not possible to dodge them if you don't jump down to that platform... however getting that exactly right has proven to be trickier than expected. I'll work on it.. or just outright change it, if it proves to be too difficult :P

Also, trials number 2 and 3 are too easy, I'll set about making them more difficult. The main problem about the second one is the zelda flying block things are picked pseudo-randomly.. and that sucks.

I had insomnia before it was cool

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2008, 07:45:49 am »

Greets all, I thought it was about time I posted here (Well, actually Tijit did, so he made me, but whatever).
For all of those who are good enough (See; insaneley good) to reach the ending credits, I'm the Matt you'll see there for helping in level design. I designed most of the portal levels, and have been doing some close playtesting and level design advice with Tijit while making the game.

It's great to se everyone liking the game. Tijit's rediculously good at the game itself, so I'm here trying to be the voice of reason for us others that can't make the jump down to mother brain first time, every time.

I'm chalking up a few ideas for a series of mushroom kingdom levels now, so watch out for those in a future release.

Again, it's great to see all the posative response, Tijit's game is (in my opinion) a great recreation of the original, with some seriously fantastic enemies and unique encounters (Why does no one mention the chest? I thought it was great!).

Rad

• The Guy
  • Radical Dood
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2008, 10:02:14 am »

Well.. I guess I need to fix up that falling cherries room. I want to keep it how it is now, only so it's not possible to dodge them if you don't jump down to that platform... however getting that exactly right has proven to be trickier than expected. I'll work on it.. or just outright change it, if it proves to be too difficult :P

just make it towhere when you get to the other side, you are on top of the next screen and you cant get down... there's just a spike wall on the end.
"I want Rad's dick."

Zaraki

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2008, 10:02:59 am »

So many new posts here..

In the 5th screen after gettin the gren potion secret item, what am m I supposed to do? If I get to the end I die.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106