I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 508433 times)

Samson007

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 7000+ DOWNLOADS!
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2009, 02:03:20 am »

Man, i love this game. I can't wait for the next version, the mario stuff sounds sweet.

Klagmar

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2009, 03:55:14 am »

I'm cutting out a few frames (e.g. the first frame in the desert area never worked, and "The only cherry.." frame will be removed coz it sucks).[/
OH THANK YOU! That frame was pure torture!

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2009, 05:04:15 am »

I also wanted a mecha-spagettio boss but that got scratched

'sif noone noticed that :'(

Anyways, added to the list of ripped games is Heart of Darkness, an Abe's Oddysey-esque platformer released around 1998. My avatar is a creature from that game

I had insomnia before it was cool

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2009, 07:34:36 am »

Princess Peach Boss memorial speech:

Peach was going to be the only boss that I'd designed a majority of, and to be honest, I thought it was going to be awesome. The original plan was the following:

The player would pop out in the mario world at some late stage in the game and finish a series of screens there were from the original mario game. At the end of this section, the player enters the world 1 Bowser boss room, which is an exact copy, but with a massivley enlarged bowser. He proceeds to roar and look intimidating while the player Gears up for the craziest fight against a fire breating turtle ever...
And Just then bowser's impales on a pink umbrella from behind, and as his body drops to the ground (And into the background during the fight), Peach Emerges, Roars (Godzilla's Scream from the original film), her eyes catch on fire and start shooting lazers, throwing tuirnips, and generally messing your shit up.

It was going to be crazy. I'm a little dissapointed that it's not going to make it into the game, but I know it's great enough that the game doesnt even need it.

A pimpin' website is also in the works for symltaneous release with the game, so it has it's own home. More to come!

P.s: Cutscene in planning will also be awesome.

somethingonyourhead

• my name is changed daily.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »

HEART OF DARKNESS IS AWESOME AND HARD ESPECIALLY THE FUCKING BIT AT THE END WTF DO YOU DO THERE ANYWAY?

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2009, 06:24:50 pm »

HEART OF DARKNESS IS AWESOME AND HARD ESPECIALLY THE FUCKING BIT AT THE END WTF DO YOU DO THERE ANYWAY?
Man, I don't even remember, but I found the disc for it lying around, and thought to myself "why the SHIT did I not think of this before" and then proceeded to start playing through the game, ripping stuff as I went.

Some other kewl games around that time (or maybe a little earlier) would be Gubble and Zoombinis, but both would be a little hard to implement I guess. The music from Gubble would be awesome, but I can only find music for Gubble 2 on youtube :/

EDIT:

Everybody celebrate the 8,000th download.

Soon, the number of downloads will be OVER NINE THOUSAND
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:59:34 am by tijitdamijit »

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
Re: I wanna be the fangame! OVER NINE THOUSAND DOWNLOADS!
« Reply #381 on: March 08, 2009, 07:34:54 pm »

Hey guys, the game now has 9125 downloads :D

If all goes to plan, the final version should be released within a month. Maybe a little longer, if my playtesters give me a lot to do.

Check this out - A guy called OverTheGun did a full live video playthrough of the game. It's quite hilarious, I recommend it.
Start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwGrm8f2_w

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2009, 10:00:14 am »

Well guys, plenty of work has been getting done on the fangame. I just finished playing through the latest build tonight and It's looking great. There's a bunch of stuff to to still, but We're finished designing pretty much all of the game, and now we're going through it polishing it all up, tweaking some sections etc. The way jumping works was changed around a bit, which I think is an improvement, so Tij tested every frame of the game again to make sure it was all possible.

People that have been following the game for a while will still be way ahead of the game when the final version comes out, but expect to see plenty of new and changed areas.

All in all, development's going well, stuff's getting done, and the game is starting to play and look polished and smooth. We're getting there!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:56:38 pm by Matt »

crt alt DELETE

• my avatar sucks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2009, 05:20:28 pm »

oh my fucking god the grimp reaper is ripping off my balls and feeding them to giant clones of docter eggman, and raping my ass with his stupid scyth of death at the SAME TIME!
warning! this signature contains fail!
DEAL WITH IT

gameguy11

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:05 pm »

don't double post..
>.>

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 09, 2009, 11:59:41 pm »

oh my fucking god the grimp reaper is ripping off my balls and feeding them to giant clones of docter eggman, and raping my ass with his stupid scyth of death at the SAME TIME!

That fight's been made much cooler now. A few of the timing elements have changed, we're added new (Awesome) music, and have updated the graphics scheme of that entire area. It's much more fun, and about the same dicfficulty, though on more than one occasion I've beaten him with only a single square tile left to stand on.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #386 on: March 10, 2009, 01:40:59 am »

I've been playing this game for a couple of hours, and I've got to give the makers of this game credit! After beating the original IWBTG several months ago, I haven't found anything else that could even come close to mimic what I felt playing it... and now I've found it! Thank you guys so much! Keep up the good work, can't wait for the completed product!

Also want to say I'M SO HAPPY IT RUNS IN VISTA  ;D ;D ;D

MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

NUTS

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:49 pm »

this game is like a lifetime supply of turkish delight and pron mags!

TheSaberGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2009, 10:25:36 pm »

I need some help, at the very last part on the screen before fighting the last boss I accidentally jumped to the right of the spikes where the save spot is next to the "No Bows" sign.  Is there any way to go back? I don't wanna restart the whole thing again. =(

SilentLoner

« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2009, 11:21:50 pm »

You could probably fix it yourself by opening the save with Notepad and changing the x and y coordinates. Make a copy of the save before doing so if you're worried about messing it up.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106