I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106

Author Topic: I wanna be the Fangame! FINAL  (Read 491110 times)

Zaraki

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 12,000+ Downloads
« Reply #450 on: April 22, 2009, 07:52:32 am »

This is going to be so much better that IWBTG.

PEANUT DUDE ONCE AGAIN

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 22, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »

THIS GAME SUCKS
get a life asswipe

SevasTra

« Reply #452 on: April 22, 2009, 06:06:04 pm »

Since my problem seems to have been forgotten seeing as it is the last post on the 30th page...

This game keeps crashing on me when it loads up the first frame.  I am able to choose a difficulty but when I do it makes a glitchy squelch sound and it crashes.  It gives me the "This program has ran into trouble and needs to shut down" window.  Also I am able to play until I die then it fully crashes and I have to shut it down.

Pic if it helps.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #453 on: April 22, 2009, 08:38:34 pm »

Since my problem seems to have been forgotten seeing as it is the last post on the 30th page...

This game keeps crashing on me when it loads up the first frame.  I am able to choose a difficulty but when I do it makes a glitchy squelch sound and it crashes.  It gives me the "This program has ran into trouble and needs to shut down" window.  Also I am able to play until I die then it fully crashes and I have to shut it down.

Pic if it helps.

I.. actually have no idea what's causing that crash. It's probably a hardware problem, or something to do with Game Maker. What operating system are you running it on and what's your computer specs? Can you run iwbtg fine?

This is going to be so much better that IWBTG.
You're a douche.

I had insomnia before it was cool

SevasTra

« Reply #454 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:38 pm »

I.. actually have no idea what's causing that crash. It's probably a hardware problem, or something to do with Game Maker. What operating system are you running it on and what's your computer specs? Can you run iwbtg fine?

I'm using Windows XP SP3.  2.4 GHZ Pentium 4 I have an ATI graphics card 256MB (dont know the specs on it, someone gave it to me)  It is very similar to the Nvidia Gforce FX 5200.  I also have a Windows Blind up if that matters.  I can run IWBTG without it crashing, it just lags a lot on the 2nd phase of The Guy.

I hope you can figure it out and it's a simple fix on my end, changing a setting, I really don't have the money to upgrade and I really want to play the game.

Zaraki

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 23, 2009, 01:54:18 pm »

IWBT-John

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:17 pm »

Just beat this on Very Hard mode a few days ago :)

Enjoyed the game!!

:kid:

IWBT-John

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 23, 2009, 02:49:34 pm »

Just beat this on Very Hard mode a few days ago :)

Enjoyed the game!!

:kid:

Also i got all the secret items doing that too.

Me FTW!

:spikes: :spikes: :kid: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes:

Seerow

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2009, 09:57:15 am »

I am having problems playing this game. As soon as I select a difficulty, the game freezes on the first screen and stops responding. It creates a save file called "save0" and another file called "temp". Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone suggest a remedy?

EDIT: Ok, I just downloaded the game on the family laptop, and it works fine there.
I was able to defeat the Cacodemon, and the boss in the water area, and I made it to the Secret Item chase after the "No Bows" timed area after the PACMAN room on the middle path (I'm standing next to the save point in the area that is entirely black except for the finish line). I edited the save file I have at the moment to match the one I'm working on on the laptop. Now I can move around as I want to in the entirely black screen, but it still freezes when I drop down to the chase scene.
Hopefully this information might aid in finding a solution to my problem.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:09:35 pm by Seerow »

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
Re: I wanna be the fangame! 15,000+ Downloads
« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2009, 06:59:38 pm »

Sounds like GM is crashing whenever it tries to use the external media player to play music. You got a media player installed? If you do I'm not sure what the problem is.

I had insomnia before it was cool

SevasTra

« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2009, 11:51:37 pm »

I am having problems playing this game. As soon as I select a difficulty, the game freezes on the first screen and stops responding. It creates a save file called "save0" and another file called "temp". Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone suggest a remedy?

That is the same problem I'm having.  I don't have access to another computer though.

Sounds like GM is crashing whenever it tries to use the external media player to play music. You got a media player installed? If you do I'm not sure what the problem is.

What kind of media player are you talking about, like Windows Media Player, I have that.  It could be if it's trying to access Quicktime it won't get anything because Quicktime corrupted or something on my PC and I can't use it.  Would it work with WMP?

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #461 on: May 05, 2009, 11:51:20 am »

Im almost certain that you are missing directX download and install it from microsoft. Game maker 6.1 and above use it to increase speed and thats also why game maker games dont work on wine.

Seerow

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 06, 2009, 12:04:03 pm »

I have DirectX 9.0c installed.

Yeah, I have VLC, WMP, DivX, and Quicktime installed. Can you tell me the filetype of the media files it plays, if they have one? I've fiddled around with my filetype associations in the past, so could one of the players be trying to play a track it can't play, or could they be interfering with each other or something?

EDIT: I restored association of .wav and .mp3 files to Windows Media Player, and now it works fine. Thanks tijit for pinpointing the music as the problem. :D

EDIT2: Completed it now, a nice fangame to IWBTG.
Is Father of StickyKeys supposed to kill you at the end, or is there a different ending I'm missing? Or is that just a placeholder until the final version or something?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:08:28 pm by Seerow »

SilentLoner

« Reply #463 on: May 06, 2009, 08:16:06 pm »

Is Father of StickyKeys supposed to kill you at the end, or is there a different ending I'm missing? Or is that just a placeholder until the final version or something?

That's the only ending for now.

SevasTra

« Reply #464 on: May 06, 2009, 09:24:09 pm »

I have DirectX 9.0c installed.

EDIT: I restored association of .wav and .mp3 files to Windows Media Player, and now it works fine. Thanks tijit for pinpointing the music as the problem. :D

I just tried that and it didn't solve my problem.  All my audio files are set to Windows Media Player and it still crashes.  I don't have any music if that helps just sound effects(like the object falling/launching sound and I get the bwang of the disappearing reappearing blocks), so I'm guessing it may still have something to do with that.

Just my luck a game I really want to play and I can't  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106