I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DraconicQuest  (Read 2894 times)

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 01:51:58 am »

> Take anything else I might find to be of use, before continuing forward
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 11:26:53 am »

You pick up an odd looking ball from a case of them. There's no clue on the box or the sphere itself as to its function.

Heading over to the door, you take a deep breath. There's no clue what awaits you out there. A sign catches your eye.

Please ensure you have the proper gear. The Chromatic Portal will close upon exit.

Sounds like youd better make sure you're finished here before heading outside.

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 01:49:52 pm »

> Decide to be safe by heading back and approaching the other black door down the other hall, congratulating myself on being a smart trooper
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 11:03:53 am »

You on back down the hall, feeking vaguely smug as you consider what an intelligent move this is.

The black door is the same as before. You reach out to it, and like the other it flies upward into the ceiling. Another corridor with similar equipment to the first is here, along with the same signs. Except one, that is. You lean forward to read it, noticing as you do so that this one is hand written.

Sa'laek? Mok norgal bryn

Looks like another language of some kind. A more familiar sign hangs opposite this one, urging you to make sure your Era is correct, whatever that means.

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:51 pm »

> Feeling satisfied with my amount of preparation, exit through the Chromatic Portal
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 01:00:07 pm »

Taking a deep breath, you wave a hand at the door.


A deep whirring sound can be heard, as well as the crackle of electricity. For a moment it seemed, like the ground was shaking, and with a crash, the door flew open.

The scene before is a strange one. Partially ruined buildings like both sides of a wide stone street. You cant see anyone walking around, but there seem to be signs of life here and there. Discarded trash that looks too new and such. The buildings themselves look odd to you, in a strange, archaic way. A weird mixture of past, present, and the far future all in one.

It's also dusk here, and the light has a curious color to it, like it's being filtered.

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 10:41:47 pm »

> Advance forward, picking up the trash and inspecting it closely, before turning around to inspect the place I exited from
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 11:35:02 pm »

You walk out of the Portal into the "City", looking for useful items among the debris. Nothing seems to catch your eye in particular.

You turn back to where you came from and are greeted with a rather surprising image: nothing. Wherever you came from, it's gone now. Only an empty, desolated building greets you there now.

You turn back to the wasteland in front of you. The wind begins to pick up, and you realize how empty everything is.

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 12:16:04 am »

> Check the position of the sun, realizing that it would be advantageous to find shelter before nightfall, entering this empty desolate building and searching for materials that could be used to create a shelter or start a fire
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 11:47:59 pm »

You look up at the fading sun with concern, guessing that you have perhaps an hour or so before darkfall.

With a sudden decisiveness of purpose, you head into the building directly to your left and promptly trip over something large and lumpy just inside the door.

A muffled voice calls out blearily: "fafglensid erhh??"

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 01:56:25 am »

> Step back, putting a hand on my weapon

"Who's there!? Identify yourself!"
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 08:37:51 am »

You hastily draw the machete, holding it in a guard position you don't remember learning. When you heard the voice your body seemed to act on its own, following commands you didn't give it. Curious.

The lump on the floor seemed to twist and writhe, obviously quite invigorated by both your voice and the boot shaped dust print on its middle. You assumed it was a person, but you weren't entirely sure. You weren't sure of much of anything in a world like this.

The lump finally threw up and large sheet of darkness, grunting as it did so. This fell away, revealing a rather thin man. Dark red hair, a neard, longish disheveled hair and an irritated expression is all you could make out in the dim light.

"What in the bat buggering 7 Hells d'you want, mate?" He growled.

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 04:36:13 pm »

"What is this place? What are you doing here?"

> Stay on guard in case this subject is hostile
Logged

Alpha

  • Prophet of Doom
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • The world is a vampire.
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 12:31:32 am »

The man seems to be confused; he blinks a few times, then falls back over on his back, mumbling.

He doesn't seem hostile, but you can't be entirely sure. Soon you hear snoring.

Should you try to rouse him again?

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1995
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: DraconicQuest
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2016, 07:02:12 pm »

> Carefully step over the man and try to make the best shelter I can here, seeing he's strangely exhausted and does not appear to be a threat
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]