I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill EVERYTHING (Fangame)  (Read 2469 times)

Yndlar

• View Profile
I Wanna Kill EVERYTHING (Fangame)
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:27 am »

Hello. This is a fan-game I've been working on for a while, and I wanna see the feedback.

The game is not finished or patched, so there might be some bugs or messy spikes.

If you want to post your opinion, go right ahead! But don't say It without reasons.

Also, I have TONS of other IWBTG fangames that I abandoned, but this one is just fun to make!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?354hewxx49n8z2s

and this might use the boshy double jump replenisher, please dont hurt me

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill EVERYTHING (Fangame)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »

Sorry but your game needs a lot more work. Your engine is not good. Jumping feels closer to the IWBTG jumping which is far from what fangames use these days. Screens are %70 empty and graphics aren't anything spectacular. Jump replenishers don't work unless you tap shift at the exact moment the kid collides with the said object. I actually couldn't get far in the game because of this and I eventually quit but if the game actually gets better later on, take this "criticism" as a grain of salt.

cheesymcgee87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 12:11:27 am »

You're obviously young and new to game design so i'll try to go easy on you.

First off, I can tell that you used the original IWBTG engine to make this game which is pretty outdated.
I would strongly advise you to use one of the engines made for gamemaker studio for future projects. (link: http://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=15347)
and here's a link to a great tutorial on how to start on fangame development in game maker: http://klazen.com/IWBTG/tutorial/dev_tutorial.html

There's a lot of influences from Boshy here which is not a good thing. You can never make something great if you ride so heavily on
a game as popular and well known as Boshy. Be original!

Another thing I noticed is that you have some issues with your screen transitions. I found myself getting ganked very often when entering a new screen.
Be aware that this is not good design and will turn players off very quickly.

When I save my game, the game lags for about a second. This gets very annoying quickly. On top of that, there is one save in the VVV area that flat out doesn't work. I had to stop playing there.
Speaking of the VVV stage, the sprite you used for the player in that stage is really lazy and it doesn't make any sense.

I understand that you put a lot of work into this game and it may be disappointing to be hearing negative feedback about it, but it's all part of becoming a better developer.

Yndlar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 07:37:51 pm »

Yeah, since this is my first FULL fan-game it WILL suck.

Also if Game-maker added to where you could just swipe and tiles will create instead of clicking alot, but I like clickteam more.

Thanks for playing!

(thx for the advice btw)

Yndlar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:40:19 pm »

To cheesymcgee87:
Thanks for the advice.

I don't know why the VVV save doesnt work, I'm working on it.

I plan on using a different engine, because the one I'm using is failing.

I'll be putting out a demo with the engine.

cheesymcgee87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 08:18:42 pm »

Also if Game-maker added to where you could just swipe and tiles will create instead of clicking alot, but I like clickteam more.

You actually can do that in game maker, just hold the shift key while you place tiles.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »

Jumping feels closer to the IWBTG jumping which is far from what fangames use these days.

I haven't been following the fangame scene lately, but what happened? When I was working on Pickory, people's biggest complaint is that I *didn't* use IWBTG jumping.

Cantavanda

• ~𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »

OMG Story yeller is back!