I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: It's been a while  (Read 755 times)

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
It's been a while
« on: August 03, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »

SINCE I COULD
HOLD MY HEAD UP HIGH
AND IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Hi everyone. It has been WAY too fucking long since I've last posted, I've last browsed the site, since I've last even though about this site. Way too long. I guess I could just catch everyone up with how my life's been going.

LAST TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z
When I was last here, I was living in Chico, ecstatic at my new position at Milestone doing remote IT for Facebook, and everything seemed to be doing alright.

Fast forward to today, I moved from Chico not even a week ago down to the bay area, as we were made aware on June 2nd that our office was shutting down due to wanting our services to be closer to Menlo Park.
In February, I moved up an on from remote helpdesk to IT Security that deals with so much that even I don't understand the full scope of the team, but on that day we were told that our team had nothing to worry about as we would still have positions down in the bay.
Cut to the middle of July and only then were we presented with offers due to some bullshit with a job title not being approved and other trivial things that prevented us from having our offers sooner.
Upon accepting the new position, I was able to secure a new apartment, pack my belongings, enjoy a four day family vacation that was planned six months in advance then move four hours from my previous location all within a matter of two weeks.

Needless to say, I'm still getting adjusted to living on my own for the first time as this whole situation came out of nowhere for me. Had I not taken this opportunity, most likely I would've had to go back to Best Buy or find some sort of other tech job in an area that now had a large flood of applicants (as not everyone from our office was accepted) on top of being unemployed for a period of time.

All I can say right now is that I am looking forward to this weekend, as the past weekend I still had to work a shift on my old position remotely from my apartment, tethered to my phone as I didn't own a coax cable to hook up my modem/router.

I could say and promise many things on how I'll be more active on here, but I did that the last time and that didn't work out at ALL, so what I'll say is that I'm alive, I may be coming back more frequently, and that I've missed the shit out of you guys.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Neo

• God of Music. Also, Mort was sexually assaulted by Bidoof.
  • HUZZAH
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

Hey hey yo yo man we miss you come to our spaceship

NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:53:37 pm by Neo »
So you gonna fight me with that thing?
Damn turrets. Damn Vinewalls. Damn Lasers.Damn Ceiling. Damn GUY

4/5/11 Never Forget.
Derf <3's Neo for making him a mod <3

I think we should just add to the rules that I'll be in every mafia by default.

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 09:34:25 pm »

I'm glad to hear all the good things, Mkid! Welcome back!
It's so good to see people coming back to this place, even if just to check in.
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.

Garrettp375

• Spagargus was a dead meme. Its gone.
    • View Profile
    • My twitch!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 03:05:40 pm »

Nice to see you back man, I really hope you enjoy the job.
I'm sure you'll be adjusted to living on your own in no time!

Aminosaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:01:04 am »

It is a good thing and must be told.