I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Issues and suggestions:  (Read 2488 times)

i wanna be the tiw

• View Profile
Issues and suggestions:
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:34:55 am »

The (first?) laser room you see -- during the last part you are seemingly intended to run through, letting the rising blocks keep you afloat until you reach solid ground, and jumping at any part of this will kill you. This doesn't work 100%, since my videocard is a bit shit I end up clipping through the 2nd or 5th rising block and falling to my death as I have a required reaction time of .08 seconds to react to something like that, which is not possible unless I had my hands on some hash.

A criticism by one of my e-friends is that there are a dearth of jokes on the first two screens of either path. Maybe a baddie that kicks you in the face or something you can hop on that chomps you from out of nowhere? Bullets that ricochet off of certain surfaces and kill you if you touch them?

:spikes: :spikes: :spikes:

Bittersoul

• View Profile
Re: Issues and suggestions:
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:44:47 pm »

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I'm not even 100% sure the order of up/down blocks in that sequence remains constant every time (if it does, then it's just my timing that fluctuates).  I find that the reaction required to compensate for whether the block is going to go up or fall down is perhaps the toughest part of that room.  It'd be a pushover without that, and I don't think any room in the game deserves to be a pushover.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:52:19 pm »

I think it is constant. I died like that too.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:58:53 am »

What I do is that I just run through it, and if I begin to fall towards the lower laser for some reason, I do a short hop onto another block.  It works most of the time, as long as I don't kill myself.