I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: NIKU SUGGESTS:  (Read 3251 times)

Niku

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
NIKU SUGGESTS:
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:40:41 am »

• The Divine Transportation room be moved to the Game Over room, and a new challenge room be placed in its current location.
  • The Sixth Boss's orb be located in the treasure chest sprite seen here, with this overlay being put over the screen.  After the Kirby music and the cave spelunking, it seems appropriate.
  • Medium mode giving you THIS IT NOT A TRUE END, TRY AGAIN WITH SOME BALLS (or some variant thereof) as your ending.
  • Impossible mode giving you HI NIKU as your ending.
  • Time attack mode once completed, with your game time counter constantly running in one of the corners of the screen.
  • Portal Gun in the sequel.

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: NIKU SUGGESTS:
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:13:23 pm »

The Divine Transportation room be moved to the Game Over room, and a new challenge room be placed in its current location.

I like the current area well enough since it's very much near the beginning, easily back trackable and findable accidently by falling through the holes on the inivisible block screen. I have other possible ideas for the Game Over Room.

The Sixth Boss's orb be located in the treasure chest sprite seen here, with this overlay being put over the screen.  After the Kirby music and the cave spelunking, it seems appropriate.

Sadly, no. :(

Medium mode giving you THIS IT NOT A TRUE END, TRY AGAIN WITH SOME BALLS (or some variant thereof) as your ending.

I'm going to be generous and not remove any content for people who do it on medium. I dunno, game is hard enough as is as I see it.

Impossible mode giving you HI NIKU as your ending.

Beat it and we'll talk. :)

Time attack mode once completed, with your game time counter constantly running in one of the corners of the screen.

I will consider this

Portal Gun in the sequel

Actually I've been toying with this idea for awhile so don't be suprised either way.

McDohl

• Beta Tester
  • OBJECTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:39 pm »

The thing with Time Attack mode is that it would either be Impossible Mode with a timer, or something with save points, and when you die, the timer pauses, then continues incrementing once you've reloaded the save.  Consider making an autosave upon death to prevent cheating on the time attack.

In addition to the base Time Attack, I'd also like to see a Boss Attack mode, in the vein of Impossible Mode: Die once, go back to Mike Tyson.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:14:56 pm »

Oh, there WILL be a boss attack mode, don't you doubt it. There might even be a SUPER boss attack mode. Or possibly not, but we'll see.

McDohl

• Beta Tester
  • OBJECTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:36:01 am »

McFrugal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:36:07 am »

Goddamn Z-boss.  I don't know if I'm missing something here, but it looks like I'm supposed to wait a very long time (at least 3 platforms) before attempting to climb up during the third phase of the boss.  Otherwise, I run out of useful platforms and drop down so I can climb back up again, and he kills me with an unavoidable flame attack while I'm still standing on the first platform.

Was this unintentional, or just there to make him the biggest pain in the ass ever?  It's not even tricky at this point.  I keep dying to unavoidable spike deaths while dodging an attack during his second form, or missing that first platform jump because it spawns higher than all the later ones.  Then I fight his boring green ass for another 2 minutes before I can get back to the third phase.

I would suggest making the first platform spawn and move like the others, and have some spinny projectiles flying around to make things more interesting.  Also maybe you could have him give a visual cue before he starts spitting hadokens?  It's a very cheap attack compared to the others.

Final edit: YAAAAAAAAARGH!  McDohl tells me the highest platform is indeed useful.  Why did I not even try to jump on it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:26:13 pm by McFrugal »

McDohl

• Beta Tester
  • OBJECTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:43:43 pm »

It is indeed useful... :fruit: :fruit: :fruit:

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:51:26 pm »

Goddamn Z-boss.  I don't know if I'm missing something here, but it looks like I'm supposed to wait a very long time (at least 3 platforms) before attempting to climb up during the third phase of the boss.  Otherwise, I run out of useful platforms and drop down so I can climb back up again, and he kills me with an unavoidable flame attack while I'm still standing on the first platform.

Was this unintentional, or just there to make him the biggest pain in the ass ever?  It's not even tricky at this point.  I keep dying to unavoidable spike deaths while dodging an attack during his second form, or missing that first platform jump because it spawns higher than all the later ones.  Then I fight his boring green ass for another 2 minutes before I can get back to the third phase.

I would suggest making the first platform spawn and move like the others, and have some spinny projectiles flying around to make things more interesting.  Also maybe you could have him give a visual cue before he starts spitting hadokens?  It's a very cheap attack compared to the others.

Final edit: YAAAAAAAAARGH!  McDohl tells me the highest platform is indeed useful.  Why did I not even try to jump on it?

As a fighting game player, I have only one thing to say.

SPACE YOUR SELF BETTER.

Niku

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 01:13:59 am »

• In the first couch room, make the moving platform start at the top of the room rather than the bottom.  Waiting for it is annoying. :(