I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Sun setting the boards?  (Read 46 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Sun setting the boards?
« on: December 07, 2018, 02:27:08 am »

I'm considering shutting down the forums here. The forums have been nothing but a glorified hangout for a few of you for awhile. Now as time goes on they get more and more neglected and potentially more and more of a security vulnerability. Most activity seems to be replaced by the IWBTG discord.

So how about it? Who actually cares? I don't plan on making a decision any time soon but and I'd look into ways to archive the forum safely if I did shut it down. Something to think about.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Sun setting the boards?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:55:35 am »

Considering the only response was someone who got banned for ban evading my current plan unless you guys tell me to stop is to archive the board at the end of the year.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:06:26 am »

Honestly, the longer this place just sits here, the sadder it looks. It's been a decade since its heyday, and while there were a lot of good times, it's clear that pretty much everybody's moved on.

I'll totally shill Brave Earth for you, though. Where can I find a forum for that?

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 05:56:17 am »

I think I'm gonna give up on forums in general. All shilling can happen on twitter. But yeah, we got a empty husk here with some boards not having posts in them for years. Gotta set you all free.