I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: La-Mulana and why Kayin sucks at making a hard game  (Read 10902 times)

Salivanth

• View Profile
Re: La-Mulana and why Kayin sucks at making a hard game
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 06:53:14 am »

I don't know whether La-Mulana is harder than IWBTG. For the sake of argument, let's say it is. As Kayin said, IWBTG isn't meant to be literally as hard as it can be without being impossible. It's very challenging, and it's the best game I've ever played. I played it for 9 months on and off, and beating it felt awesome.

That said, I'm going to try out La-Mulana. I love hard games.

MrMii

• Apples are the color of blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:25 am »

Well, I watched a video on it, it doesn't look THAT bad.....

And by 'watching' the video, I meant tuning in and out in like 10 seconds of footage.  ;D
So, yeah, I'd try it if I knew where to get it?

Google away, I s'pose..

Spare wins for teh homeless? :(

Tomrto

• YO I'M BREAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

La-Mulana is made to make you want to shoot yourself.

IWBTG is made to test your patience and make you lose some sanity.

Khalin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 07:48:12 pm »

It's not difficult to make "the hardest game ever". I'm sure Kayin could do a lot more crazy stuff if he really wanted to. To me [while playing the game] it really seemed like Kayin had probably spent hours going back and replaying/testing each screen to edit it until he finally created what he wanted, which in most cases looked like it might've been from "stupid hard" to "difficult but doable", which is the point [and most of us like it]. As for La-Mulana, it's also difficult but for different reasons, I honestly find it on par with IWBTG on different levels. However it's silly to try and compare, because it seems clear [at least to me] that the aim of the difficulty of IWBTG is greatly humour-based, which is what a lot of people love about it.

Is Battlefrank trying to troll or something? Why is he so angry if this game's not difficult at all? If it's so easy, why doesn't he just record a run of him beating it on impossible mode? I don't get why he's so hell-bent and emotional on cutting this game down. If he doesn't like it then he doesn't have to play it.

PS. Kayin I love your game.

Edit: Double-posters suck!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:50:46 pm by Khalin »
Pages: 1 [2]