I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Save Fixer: I Wanna Be The Fix  (Read 118947 times)

whosayNI

• View Profile
Re: Save Fixer: I Wanna Be The Fix
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2009, 11:04:35 am »

I´ve managed to edit some saves but when I try to play them the game crashes or the save is not at the point I wanted to be, actually is always on the Ryu-helicopter-kick-stage, and never saves the defeated monsters.

I used to have the problem commented above about not being able to open my .sav's. But using the version you posted I managed to fix it.

I dunno what the hells is going on. If it serves for any help I´m using Windows XP Fundamentals.

Thank you!

Tails Doll (TheKid(lol))

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 07:39:22 pm »

Well this but ....... where you download the i want to be the fix for aser items for myself with this program?

Falcon Punch v

Salamander

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 09:22:59 am »

whosayNI: I honestly have no idea why it would do that.  As for defeated bosses, certain ones can actually still be fought again if the area is not supposed to be accessible after you beat them (Like Dracula).
Since it appears that it wont automatically move you to the right place, you could try a bit of guess work and tell it where to move you, and changing it again every time you aren't roughly where you want to be.
If you get a save that causes it to crash again, attach it here so I can look at it.

TheKid(lol):  What?  The only thing I could understand in that sentence is asking where the download link is, and to answer that, its in the downloads section of IWBTG homepage (here).
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

lanar

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:34 pm »

i follow everything it says to do. i open the fix go to load and find my save file and click open. the next picture that is shown shows everything being able to be clicked but when i open mine the only thing i can click is snap to save. i have done everything it says but it just wont work. can anybody help?

RoadRageBill

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 01:49:51 pm »

I need some help around using I Wanna Be The Fix, because it shows up to me as, WHAT, A NOKIA APP? Dude, WHADAFACK?? Please give me some guidance and tell me how to fix this. Or just uninstall Nokia PC Studio and install Java...

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2009, 02:05:52 pm »

Right, there's been a few people unable to run the program simply by double-clicking it (Probably using a bloody old version of windows XP), so here's how to fix it.
Open notepad, and copy/paste the following into it:
Code: [Select]
java -jar iwbtf.jarAnd then save it with the name "run.bat" into the same folder as where iwbtf.jar is.
Then, to run it, just double click on run.bat instead.

Or if you are eternally lazy, heres one I prepared earlier (Attached to this post).
Go bag a page or so to the post with the attachment. Quoted above. Download it and put it with the main file, then run it.

Salamander

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2009, 07:31:04 pm »

lanar: There is a menu option called "Mode", in it, select "Advanced".
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2009, 03:16:02 pm »

I suggest we either take down the link or hide it. It seems alot of people have been using this to cheat.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2009, 03:21:39 pm »

I feel that would be a bit pointless. All the hackers can still just hex edit the saves. But the people this could actually fix saves for won't be able to use it.
It doesn't really matter if people cheat anyway does it?

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2009, 03:28:14 pm »

While a hacker could hex edit the game, that means you already know the inner workings of the game and have likely beaten it already.

No it doesn't matter if they cheat. People will always find a way to cheat. But why arm the less intuitive cheaters with a tool like this. Look through the help section and running count of people that became the guy. Alot of people have openly admitted to cheating. People claiming to be The Guy while using tricks and such just undermines the effort that the rest of us put in to beat the game legit.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2009, 03:33:18 pm »

You do have a fair point. Because although anyone could learn to hex edit it most people wouldn't. But with this already downloaded it could be to tempting for them to just open it and hack on a little. Could we request a basic version only allowing the snap to save function so people can't hack forwards?

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2009, 03:37:15 pm »

Or leave it in the hands of Vets who we know have beaten the game already. That way, Vets could still fix the saves of people in the thread. I'm sure a dummied down version would be possible, but because of the game's screen by screen setup, it would still be easy to get into areas you shouldn't be in.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2009, 03:54:30 pm »

How would it still be easy with only snap to save?

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »

By snap to save, you mean like move around a single screen correct?

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:03 pm »

No the snap to save button that just moves you to the nearest save.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7