I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Ultimatum!  (Read 238259 times)

shaman666

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Ultimatum! (NEW LEVELS OUT! DOWNLOAD!)
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 10:03:21 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO you stole the duck hunt screen I've been doing for IWBTT =(((

damn, I have to replace that now =(

How to improve browsing the forums.

Wolfpac GamingStudio

Check out our game: I Wanna be the Tribute!

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 02:23:44 am »

Ok soul, heres a screenshot with the 'safe' blocks that you can go through.

Hope that helps!

(This screen will most likely be removed in the next update. I honestly dont know why we even made it!!)

As for shaman... Were sorry! :/

GayMax

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:00 am »

I can't see the picture, or whatever you linked. Maybe try a different hosting site? tinypic works well.

I have upload my screen with tinypic now.

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 09:58:50 am »

Oh god.

lol at least its an easy fix. Yes, its annoying im sorry. Look for a new download sometime today.

Thanks for the screenshot

peanutdude.

• WHY WASNT PACMAN IN IWBTG
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:09 pm »

unexisting room number = 0
im good friends with nero.

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 01:58:03 pm »

Try deleting your temp file. And also make sure the save is seperate from any other fangame saves.

Salivanth

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:01 pm »

Excellent® game. It took me about 20 minutes to get past the 100-yard dash screen: but it was fun. This is JUST what I wanted: a game like IWBTG, but with new content. I've beaten IWBTG on Medium and Hard, so it got boring. This is great fun though. You should add difficulties when you finish.

I'm up to the first boss, and here's my advice so far:

Don't change the football screens. If you decide to make it public at one point, I recommend putting them later in the game, however. 90% of people who stumble across IWBTU are already IWBTG veterans and the difficulty is Excellent®. Excellent®.

In the screen with the tricky spike jumps and four saves, I recommend taking out one or two of them. You should certainly take out Save 3. Far too easy with all the saves there. Taking out Save 2 is an option but that might make it more difficult than intended.

In the screen just before John Madden, put in some token obstacles, even if it's just a couple of hidden spikes and some jumps. Maybe some footballs shoot at you or something: but a whole screen devoid of obstacles just doesn't work:)

So yes, I may be the only person who actually suggests you UP the difficulty: but I hope you'll consider my suggestions. Awesome game: I'm going to take Madden on later today.

I-am-pancake

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 08:28:02 pm »

I really want to play this game, but whenever I download it and try to run it I get an error that says: Unexpecter error occured while running this game.  I'm using XP - anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?  I've downloaded other IWBTG clones and they've all worked fine.  Just this one won't work for some reason.

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 08:41:01 pm »

I really want to play this game, but whenever I download it and try to run it I get an error that says: Unexpecter error occured while running this game.  I'm using XP - anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?  I've downloaded other IWBTG clones and they've all worked fine.  Just this one won't work for some reason.

Well, I am pancake, im not sure whats wrong, sometimes the game doesnt work with xp, and i dont know why. unfortunately, we're a little more focused on getting the game complete, so we havent looked into it a whole lot. But as soon as we have time or are finished, we will definitely sort this problem out, because it is very annoying; especially since a lot of people run with xp. sorry, but i'll let you know when we fix it. :-\

-Kyle-

GayMax

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 03:06:54 am »

Oh god.

lol at least its an easy fix. Yes, its annoying im sorry. Look for a new download sometime today.

Thanks for the screenshot
Still no fix ? Because the round 3 is fucking hard.

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 03:34:47 am »

I'm working on it tonight. Sorry.

-Kyle-

Matt_and_Kyle

• Jason Bourne
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be The Ultimatum! (NEW BETA OUT! LEVELS 1-5! DOWNLOAD!)
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 01:22:56 am »

Just posted the "finalized" version of beta 2. Sorry for this previous one, with all its bugs and all. i stayed up by myself till 4:30 trying to get it all together and online, and i didnt test it very well.. anyway, this one should be fine, although i dont promise 100% flow, with no errors, bugs, or straight-up annoyances. anyway, hope you guys enjoy it. we're working hard to finish the game and probably wont be posting another "beta" until the game is done.... but who knows, maybe i'll get anxious. anyway, have fun. and like usual, report any problems and ill fix them.
thanks everyone.

-Kyle-

GayMax

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 06:14:09 am »

I've just finish this game :)

Edit : The SAVE doesn't work, i restart before the 5th boss.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:27:39 am by GayMax »

GhostPikmin

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:15 am »

Alright so I had really wanted to wait until after I fought the first boss before posting any feedback, it's like 4 in the morning where I am and my eyes are burning which is making it a bit harder to concentrate than normal. Since I'm afraid I'll lose my initial reaction thoughts if I sleep now I'll try to post it all now:

- First off, there seems to be a bug with the first song that plays up through the 100 yard football dash. 2 out of 3 times when I died and pressed r (or just pressed r I believe), the music would just turn off for the next attempt and I'd only be able to hear the sound effects. I've made it to the sky maze or whatever it's called (like two screens after this), and it doesn't have this trouble with the music so it might just be with that particular song or area. Note I didn't have this problem on the first screen.

- On the main football screen, please please PLEASE make it so touching the top of the screen doesn't kill you. Just put a ceiling there or something, because I remember about 3 times getting killed by it when I was like 30 yards away from the finish and it got annoying.

- This is more of a question, but was it intentional to have a stream of footbullets (the small ones that kill) fly up in the last 10 yards/when riding a football heading to the right? I'm just curious what determines their firing rate since before that point only two are fired at a time usually (one from each spot).

- Also, was it intentional to have a pink player run right out of where the finish platform is on to the field? It strikes me as a bit cruel since after making it through that gauntlet the player can be killed if they just so happened to finish right when he spawns. 'Course, IWBTG was built with some cruelty in mind but with all the other things flying around the player can't also juggle the thought "Oh, and I have to make sure not to finish at exactly 25 seconds (or whatever the spawn time is) because then I'll get gimped". Heck, I know I was too busy focusing on the footballs and bullets to even give the ballplayers a second thought, since most of the time they stayed out of the way (which I'm assuming was meant to happen when the gamer took the right path/timing, because it was really smooth how there would be a football right where needed to avoid a player or get around one without noticing.)

- Overall though, even though it took me a bit to cross it (I actually almost pulled it off on try three but said pink player above crashed into me just before I could land on the platform), it was a really fun screen that reminded me of the Mecha Birdo fight. Which was like my favorite part of IWBTG.

- I just want to throw out there that on the first spike sky maze screen (I'm assuming it's the first because I don't have the time tonight to go any farther) that the spike that falls after you cross to the other side on the moving platform was just right in from the design standpoint of keeping with IWBTG's style. Because it's not just a trap, it's a small thing that should be easy to dodge but the player is too busy celebrating getting passed something tricky to be alert. Like the gravestones after the moving spike corridor in the Graveyard in IWBTG, both normally very easy to dodge but the first time a player might be too elated after making it past the jump from hell to pay attention to the slowly tipping over background. But on that note, check out the hitbox on it because it seems to be bigger horizontally near the tip than the spike itself. Maybe it's not, but I remember getting kill by it when I was certain I was just barely out of range of the actual sprite. EDIT: Ok I tried it a few more times, purposefully to see whether or not the hitbox was working right and it seem to be. So nevermind.

... Ok I'm sorry for rambling, that also happens when its late I guess. I just wanted to try to give as much feedback as I could since I figure that's what you're after. I'll try to post more when I reach/beat the first boss. So far though it's fun. Or if this was way too long I'll try to keep it a bit more brief.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:29:30 am by GhostPikmin »

peanutdude.

• WHY WASNT PACMAN IN IWBTG
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 10:43:56 am »

ill rephrase what i said. fucking remove that screen before i kill somebody.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:59:32 am by peanutdude. »
im good friends with nero.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34