I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 88

Author Topic: Intro Topic! Introduce your self!  (Read 259426 times)

Koppis

• The Guy
  • JAKE ON URPO
    • View Profile
Re: Intro Topic! Introduce your self!
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2008, 04:13:29 pm »

I call this world IWBTF.
lol

The Fail Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2008, 05:22:06 pm »

Hi everyone.  I just started trying to become The Guy a few days ago.  I first heard about this when a friend sent me a link to Cloud's The Guy vids,calling it the "evilest game" in existence.  I watched it and after tears rolled down my face from laughing at the poor guy's misfortune,I decided to try it for myself.  I got the demo,then the full game.  And now understand full well how Cloud felt when he played this. I haven't watched all the vids,just the first few and don't intend to watch anymore until I get the game beaten.

I'm just past the corridor in the G&G part.   

Kayin,I don't know how to describe the amount of anger and frustration I've had while playing your game so far.  Difficult doesn't even begin to describe it.  But it's hard in a good way.  Though it kills me to admit it,my deaths have almost all been "fair" as far as the game working as it should. The reason being I have died 2000+ times XD  I'm playing it on hard. 

I love the retro game references you have throughout the game.  I LOL'd IRL when I saw Link and he stabbed me with his sword the first time. Is the falling moon a reference to Majora's Mask? 
And the constant surprising ways to die keep me coming back for more,often with my jaw dropped to the floor. lol
It's the most addicting game I've played in a long time.

Thanks for for an awsome game ;D

The Fail Guy
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:24:32 pm by The Fail Guy »

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

My name is DraconicDescendant. I have a rather succesful account on Youtube and I main Jigglypuff in Brawl. Soon you shall all see the true power of Jigglypuff!!!

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2008, 07:14:54 pm »

Whats up Draco, long time no see.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

NamelessFragger

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2008, 12:34:28 am »

While I have only just decided to register an account here, my relationship with IWBTG started over half a year ago.

While browsing the GameSpot Forums, in some thread about difficult games, one person mentioned five words that would forever redefine gaming frustration for me.

You know those words already.

After a bit of lurking around the forums, I found some YouTube playthroughs. Next thing I knew, I was hopelessly addicted to the likes of Cloud8745 and UltraJMan (before he started with all that Schildkrote drama), as well as other YouTubers I discovered because of them.

Of course, I eventually had to play the game myself, though I inevitably had many swearing fits and the general feeling that I was about to have a heart attack and die because of this game. I had to stop for long periods of time to make sure that didn't happen.

Fast forward to the present, and I've started ustreaming after several other YouTubers I've been watching did their own shows. As of my last two streaming sessions, I started playing again, my progress being in the Ghosts 'n Goblins/Ghouls 'n Ghosts area just after what I call the corridor of moving spike sodomy, the falling tombstones, and the three birds. This is the third screen of the area, where you have to ride a platform across another spike corridor, dodging spikes and apples-actually, they're more like giant cherries-oh, fuck it, let's just call them delicious fruit. I can get past that screen on occasion, but it was the screen just after that which made my life hell.

Oh, and to increase the fun factor for my viewers, I started playing songs in the background, notably Thriller and What Is Love. Maybe I should have the latter looping constantly as I try to beat this game as a sort of Haddaway Challenge designed to strip every last bit of sanity I have left.

Luckily, I made it to Mecha-Birdo today. Unfortunately, his/her/its second form is a total bitch to deal with because of the fact that the eggs suddenly jolt to ludicrous speed, as well as their being spaced well apart...and the freaking LASERS! Many times, I've tried to jump over them, but get caught by the very trails of those damn things. The worst part of all is that there's a THIRD form, which spits eggs with glowing red tips-touch the glowy red, and EXPLODE! Or maybe the worst part is that after I somehow manage to beat Mecha-Birdo, I have to get to a save point on the other side of this room with an egg that has a glowy death tip in my way. Touch said glowy death tip or fall down trying to dodge it, and I'll have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!

Anyway, it's about time I try to get nice and cozy here, meeting everyone who dwells in these forums...at least when I'm not having :spikes:s and :fruit:s thrown at me.

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:26 am »

helllllllllllllloooooooooooo namelessfragger!

oh, and theres alot of................................... idiots dwelling these forums.. and im one of them :)

Ryu6833

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2008, 10:56:35 pm »

Hey NamelessFragger. Enjoy your stay, and don't give up on IWBTG. Getting past the spike corridor is probably the most frustrating part in the whole game. >_>

NamelessFragger

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2008, 11:00:13 pm »

Thanks for the welcome, both of you.

Also, Mecha-Birdo is now a thing of the past as of tonight-those who watched my ustream can vouch for me here. However, three screens after that, the second screen with Bionic Commando music and the first with the flying turrets, I start having trouble because of that damn spike that flies out to smack you after that drop. I still have to refine my timing.

Oh, and even though I may go on hiatus from time to time, I WILL become The Guy, at least on Hard difficulty. Several others have done it with enough persistence-why can't I?

Ryu6833

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »

Good job getting past Mecha-Birdo. Dracula is hard because of his random attack patterns, though he gets more fun if you know what to expect.

·Arturo·

• Eagles are turning people into horses
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:27 am »

Hi guys.
I'm not new.  Does that take away my right to say hello?
I just imagined a huge security system with Art walking up to it. Suddenly there's a full body scan and the system simply says "Oldfaggotry confirmed." And a giant door opens and behind it is a gilded room full of gentlemanly discourse.

Steam ID: underthedome
Skype ID: arturo.timara

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2008, 08:57:24 pm »

yes

Koppis

• The Guy
  • JAKE ON URPO
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2008, 04:23:26 pm »

lol

Tervez

• Name? Job? Bye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2008, 07:43:35 am »

Hi everyone, I just became The Guy, and I thought I'd join this forum of yours. So far, it seems to be quite... eccentric.

Note that the reason I won't say anything  like "Fuck yeah" on becoming The Guy, is because I'll save that for that other topic.
I don't care how big it is, you are sticking it in your damn mouth

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2008, 03:21:06 pm »

Rorschach makes you automatically awesome.

Dr.Razer

• Derp Dhurr Dirp Dugh Fergh
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2008, 06:25:33 pm »

Zup Im Shaman703 also known as Shaman703.
I'm supposed the say something about myself? o_o
"Goddamn stone age"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 88