I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "Best" Boss  (Read 16346 times)

Saiai

• Watch out for traps!
    • View Profile
Re: "Best" Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 05:16:52 pm »

I just beat dracula, yaayyy~
Now I can have an opinion on this fight. >_>
To be honest, I didn't have too much trouble with his homing attacks... Like Mak said, the white balls are tough. It's not because they don't have a predictable pattern, but overall they're a lot less smooth than the others.
It was my favorite boss so far though. With Tyson and Mecha-Birdo it just feels like "PATTERN FAILURE" but because Dracula's so adaptive it takes more thought, particularly with managing the ectoplasms. He doesn't seem just straight-out difficult, it's more like EPIC BATTLE.
Besides, managing to dodge both ectos and a seeking-fireball AND the triple-fireball at the same time makes you feel confident. >_>

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 05:19:47 pm »

Dracula for me as the creator is a battle of positioning. YOU CAN GET FUCKED, but you probably won't if you play the smart and patient game and be safe. You have to respond quickly to things and it's generally just pretty neat.

I think I'm going to try and change the double ball to be a smoother animation though. I generally don't have a problem with it, but it can catch me off guard, especially yesterday when an ectoplasm gave me no escape.

A Wheaten Buying

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 08:09:15 pm »

Dracula

Because the various attacks combine together really well to make a great boss fight. I mean you have the whole floor set on fire and then pretty much most of the other attacks such as the moon or the three pairs of cherries are that little bit more dastardly to avoid and then you have the cherry that chases you  usually followed by those crazy wave orbs. No other boss in the entire game combines their attacks to make varying attack patterns like Dracula does

....on another note. The Guy is annoying me. He has a lot of tricks up his cape

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

Dracula

Because the various attacks combine together really well to make a great boss fight. I mean you have the whole floor set on fire and then pretty much most of the other attacks such as the moon or the three pairs of cherries are that little bit more dastardly to avoid and then you have the cherry that chases you  usually followed by those crazy wave orbs. No other boss in the entire game combines their attacks to make varying attack patterns like Dracula does

....on another note. The Guy is annoying me. He has a lot of tricks up his cape

How far have you gotten?

A Wheaten Buying

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 08:43:02 am »

Well I've gotten as far as him shooting very large bullets at me and I reckon I've sussed the attack pattern of the second stage of this boss but haven't quite cracked it yet. I've also broken the left arrow key onmy keyboard so I'm having issues. May have to alter the controls.

This is just on hard mode by the way. Is there any sort of save point that means I don't have to climb up the bloody tower each time!!?

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 11:06:37 am »

Well I've gotten as far as him shooting very large bullets at me and I reckon I've sussed the attack pattern of the second stage of this boss but haven't quite cracked it yet. I've also broken the left arrow key onmy keyboard so I'm having issues. May have to alter the controls.

This is just on hard mode by the way. Is there any sort of save point that means I don't have to climb up the bloody tower each time!!?

Yes.  Shoot the Evil Savebox.

the player

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 12:56:09 pm »

gotta be the dragon for megaman 2. While i loved all the old games megaman 2 is my favourite and it was like my past coming back at me after 16 years to see if ive trained enough to deal with its stronger form!

A Wheaten Buying

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 01:07:37 pm »

Yeah I shot the thing out of frustration and I found the save anyway. I'm glad I did otherwise the ascent would have deterred me from trying to finish the game. It'd definitely need to be in some sort of Donkey Kong credits style cast listing as the Evil Save

tealgamemaster

• my torture is your enjoyment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:00 pm »

i agree mecha birdo

Deliciousfruit233

• The Kid must die...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 02:21:48 am »

I liked The Guy's second form, even though it was hard as hell.  It was fun weaving through the teeth and fireballs and shooting the homing globs.  And didn't I already create a thread for this? :spikes:
I am every IWBTG player's worst nightmare....

TehAbovePostra

• Indeed
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 04:02:17 pm »

Definitely Kraidgait (The Green dude who looks like mister T)

Mainly because he is the glitchiest boss in the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]