I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Hardest Part In IWBTG  (Read 33860 times)

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
Re: Hardest Part In IWBTG
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 12:20:44 pm »

All the Mario games from 1 to World.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 12:22:39 pm »

Oh.
I think I played every single SNES platformer there is...

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 12:25:08 pm »

I was sad when I realized I'd missed Super Mario RPG. I still need to find it. I still have my SNES hooked up.
Zombies Ate My Neighbors ftw.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 12:26:35 pm »

Emulators ftw.

Also, back on topic please.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:04 pm »

Yeah, we should probably stop doing that.

But yeah. Spike corridor made me quit for a month.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.

Moogy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »

Spike corridor is one of the hardest until you learn the timing.  Then it's easy.  The Tetris to Zangief portion is kind of hard without saving, until you practice it a lot, too.

The Guy is the hardest part of the game by far.  I've only beaten him first try once.

Serious Cacodemon

• Don't do what Mildred did. Don't mess with Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 03:00:49 pm »

Right now, it's the later forms for the Guy, but I'd say Dracula was the most hardest and took the longest to defeat.  First time I defeated him, I was in an exact spot which caused me to explode by him.  I really don't mind getting killed in this game, because for some reason, I find it funny, especially accompanied by the music that plays during that time.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 03:03:52 pm »

Happened to me once. I died just as he turned into the
Waddle Doo
I think I've never been so frustrated at game.

MaxX

• Yes, I did best fruit, spike, and moon!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 03:46:26 pm »

The game itself, after playing it so many times and getting it down to where I got it on v.hard, is relatively easy overall. But there are a few sections that are still totally hit & miss for me on impossible:

Kirby Area:

-the initial jump over the spike wall thing, sometimes I just jump a hair too short because I try to avoid falling off the edge before I jump.

-the first jump when you enter the cave, that double jump over those two spikes is so 50/50 for me still at this point that it's infuriating. If I make the jump over the spikes, the fall and subsequent jump over the next spike to avoid the falling ceiling is cake, but knowing where to start the first jump, and when to trigger the double jump, is absolute pinpoint accuracy that I haven't gotten used to yet.

That falling ceiling room after the clowncopter trio - I double jump into that lower-hanging spike way too much for a person with <5 deaths on v.hard.

The couches - all rooms considered, sometimes I just jump too high or too short.

Megaman area:

-quickman beams - there are two parts to this room that are totally chance for me. Making that first jump down and making that tricky double jump so that you avoid the first beam is serious business. Also, the final stretch of blocks that float both up and down...I'll replicate the same way of doing it (hitting the first block that moves up and then walking across so I keep landing on the next one, being brought up, and falling on the next one) and sometimes the kid'll do it with no problems, or he'll fall through a cube. This is just glitchy movement, but it's frustrating.

Mine cart ride from hell - pretty much every jump that requires a yellow slingshot, they're all placed so maliciously. Screw the last stretch with those slings through the small openings, so freaking evil.........<3 Kayin.

Tower of The Guy - That room before the labyrinth, you have to make sure that you start your jump down to the yellow wall at the proper time, otherwise you're fucked and when you do make the jump over to the platform, you'll miss. I eventually did figure out when to start my way to that wall, but it required so much trial and error.

Hall of former guys - Lu Bu room - gotta love those apples (I noticed that the apple placement is significantly different in RC2, seemed easier, care to elaborate, Kayin?)

The Guy - ......what else can I say.

Everything else in the game can be done with relative ease now (yes, I'm including all of the ghosts n' goblins section in that statement).

Things that were stupid hard but are now super easy:

ghosts n' goblins
that warhead jump after mecha birdo
dracula
mother brain
that weird double jump required to make it past link without him spearing you to death. (the second one, not the one over the spikes)

There's more, but...i'm in class.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:48:41 pm by MaxX »
:kid: + :fruit: = <3

SmashFiles

• Your not a true gamer, until you beat IWBTG
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 03:54:59 pm »

Wow, elaborate. But everything you say you have problems with i can do, and everything you say easy, i say is so hard. Exact opposite :P ;D
[size=135]Look down your shirt, if you get a boner, than you know your fat.[/size]
On a completely different note, it appears that I'm banned in 27 countries.

Kyper

• Forum lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 04:23:10 pm »

Hall of former guys - Lu Bu room - gotta love those apples (I noticed that the apple placement is significantly different in RC2, seemed easier, care to elaborate, Kayin?)

I don't know if there was a definite change in RC2, but sometimes the apples are out of place. I can't quite figure out why, it seems to be random. Have a look see:

The first half shows how one of the :fruit: in the bottom section should be on the top. The second half shows the 2 :fruit: on the right side are closer than normal.

MaxX

• Yes, I did best fruit, spike, and moon!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:33 pm »

pre-rc2 though I remember two apples bouncing left to right across that first platform. You'd have to duck under one and jump over the other to make it.

Maybe I'm not recalling correctly.
:kid: + :fruit: = <3

Ghost

• Not known as "that guy".
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:13 pm »

Tourian- Bullet hell, then making the escape without a save point. I kept on getting careless on the escape whenever I made it through that one spike that falls on you in the beginning. I finally made the whole thing when I found out the spikes that came out through the floor disappeared.

Dragon Devil- I had to use the Thunder + Start glitch on the Yellow Devil in Megaman 1, and I recall having a lot of trouble on the Mech Dragon in Megaman 2. For some reason, this guy was annoying.

The first four segments of the Guy's Fortress on Very Hard:
- I kept on getting impatient on the first room, with the fire.
- The timing for the third room, which meant wall-jumping into the moving platform.

Mike Hagger all the way to the save point before The Guy (Very Hard):
- Mike Hagger's room: "Pixel perfect" double jump over the spikes when you're on the moving platform.
- Incinerator: Perfect timing required to land into the small platform. Eventually, it got easier, but after that...
- Final Tower: What else? That last part that requires "pixel perfect" positioning. Those jumps where you had to double jump an area as the platform was going up also sucked.

Everything else did not aggravate me to the point where I started swearing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:34:48 pm by Ghost »

lopsidation

• View Profile
    • My horrible flash games
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008, 12:18:29 am »

With me, it was mostly 'I have so bad luck that by the time I get to the next save point, I'll be able to do the previous segment 9 times out of 10'. But I still can't do V. Hard, darn it...
As for the hardest area, I'll say the one with all the couches.
Check out my [url = Minimal Jumping Run]http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=988.0 [/url]
3 complete save files in 3 different modes, and yet I still can't beat Jumper.

finale

• Mind over matter. Personified.
    • View Profile
    • my work number
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:20 am »

I only beat it on medium, but hard sections for me were:

Spike corridor(natch)- anticipatory timing is one of my big weaknesses, and although there are a lot of places where this is a problem for me, this is one where that really shows. I had only slightly less trouble with the falling/rising spike/apple tunnel that is on the next screen.

Quickman Lasers- same as MaxX, the last section seemed to be a bit of a roulette.

Minecart- I had some trouble with the bullet bills, embarrassingly enough. Most of my trouble also came from the stationary sections.

Hall of Former the Guys- each section took me a ridiculously large number of tries. Usually if I concentrate well enough that I can clear the first part, the second room in a given section destroys me. Vic Viper was pie though- first try there.

Final tower- another case of there being like 3 too many obstacles to keep in active memory at a time.

The Guy- not much worse than the spike corridor, actually. I'm much better at bosses, because generally you can anticipate attacks safely(also, youtube helped). Only the last couple patterns gave me a great deal of trouble.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:59:20 pm by finale »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6